What's new

SALTY Bradycast - The Alien Outcry & Various Game Balance Thoughts

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
That's what it is for. Anti zoning tool so she can get in.

It also happens to compliment her pressure.

Also, you mean to tell me she can't get in using any of the disjointed pokes without hurtboxes, her overhead starter, her good run speed, or f1? Come, now. Also, it doesn't have to be +22 on block to suit that purpose. The frame advantage she gets other characters have to spend a bar for and even then the advantage isn't that high in most cases. So on block not only does she have a guaranteed follow up, but she has a 50/50 she could use as well. 50/50s that can be made safe with wasp canceling.

D'Vorah players heavily downplay the utility and effectiveness of the puddle.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
It also happens to compliment her pressure.

Also, you mean to tell me she can't get in using any of the disjointed pokes without hurtboxes, her overhead starter, her good run speed, or f1? Come, now. Also, it doesn't have to be +22 on block to suit that purpose. The frame advantage she gets other characters have to spend a bar for and even then the advantage isn't that high in most cases. So on block not only does she have a guaranteed follow up, but she has a 50/50 she could use as well. 50/50s that can be made safe with wasp canceling.

D'Vorah players heavily downplay the utility and effectiveness of the puddle.
Cause there are ways around it. I never use puddle Midscreen against certain people cause I get blown up everytime for it. Puddle is only good for projectile trades and oki in the corner. Sometimes.

Rude

Cause there are ways around it. I never use puddle Midscreen against certain people cause I get blown up everytime for it. Puddle is only good for projectile trades and oki in the corner. Sometimes.
That's not true at all. Puddle is exceptional once you've conditioned them to block with wasp cancels.

Will it work on every character? No. But there are characters whose options are limited. She doesn't need everything that it does. It can launch and be + and not recover nearly instantly. Or it can launch and recover instantly, but not be as + as it is. All three is absurd.

Also, D'Vorah players use it in pressure in the corner all the time.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
That's not true at all. Puddle is exceptional once you've conditioned them to block with wasp cancels.

Will it work on every character? No. But there are characters whose options are limited. She doesn't need everything that it does. It can launch and be + and not recover nearly instantly. Or it can launch and recover instantly, but not be as + as it is. All three is absurd.

Also, D'Vorah players use it in pressure in the corner all the time.
They shouldn't, except for two characters, can escape with any advancing normal or special. Also you can always read when puddle is coming out. Will post a video after CB

thlityoursloat

kick kick
The good Mileena's said she was fine minus a faster poke I thought.
oh but you're wrong.
The people who patch this game need a wake up call ASAP, they either overBUFF or overNERF a character. When a character is bad but has good tools, they give that character insane buffs while still keeping their good tools, case in point, Takeda's ex kunais are still +32. When a character is broke but has weaknesses, they nerf the crap out of everything that's good about them while still keeping every single one of their weaknesses, case in point, Tempest Lao, WHY does he still have an 8f poke? If he wants to get out of pressure like everybody else can, he has to spin, lmao he's basically where Mileena was at one point now.

Rude

Not Midscreen you shouldn't. Also you can get up as long as they don't do b21 puddle.
It's easy to say what "shouldn't" work in theory. In actual matches, good players have to deal with puddle, even midscreen.

It's okay to admit that it compliments her pressure.

You can block oki puddles in the corner, but that forces you to block the next thing she does.

oh but you're wrong.
The people who patch this game need a wake up call ASAP, they either overBUFF or overNERF a character. When a character is bad but has good tools, they give that character insane buffs while still keeping their good tools, case in point, Takeda's ex kunais are still +32. When a character is broke but has weaknesses, they nerf the crap out of everything that's good about them while still keeping every single one of their weaknesses, case in point, Tempest Lao, WHY does he still have an 8f poke? If he wants to get out of pressure like everybody else can, he has to spin, lmao he's basically where Mileena was at one point now.
Do not send them my way lol

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
It's easy to say what "shouldn't" work in theory. In actual matches, good players have to deal with puddle, even midscreen.

It's okay to admit that it compliments her pressure.

You can block oki puddles in the corner, but that forces you to block the next thing she does.
The people I play on a daily basis never let me get away with puddle midscreen, same way I never let a D'Vorah get away with it either in the mirror. Never said it didn't compliment her pressure, I'm saying people upplay it as some godly special move. Actually the only oki puddle you have to block is b21.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
If puddle recovery was actually zero, I would be able to block any adavncing normal, string, or special immediately after I do it

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Eh, Debbie is broke is broke. Top 5. Puddle is too good. Nerf SQ damage, she should only be doing 25% for a bar and cancel.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Eh, Debbie is broke is broke. Top 5. Puddle is too good. Nerf SQ damage, she should only be doing 25% for a bar and cancel.
The video didn't even ask for her cancels to be touched, or for Ovipositors to have a hurt box, or a damage nerf. Just puddle, and it would still be a decent move.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
The video didn't even ask for her cancels to be touched, or for Ovipositors to have a hurt box, or a damage nerf. Just puddle, and it would still be a decent move.
I'm just saying what people say in general. I actually don't care about puddle. If Ovi gets a hurtbox, give everything a hurtbox. If puddle gets changed I want an armored launcher like the rest of the cast.