What's new

SALTY Bradycast - The Alien Outcry & Various Game Balance Thoughts

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I'm agreeing with you, I'm just saying I can't think of another move that should be unsafe like this but can be made so safe so easily. If theres another one, lets definitely look at that too, but until we can think of one I say this is no reason not to pop this shit off mileena she dont need it (imo). safe teleport is nonsense
Sektor can cancel his teleport on block into the air corpse charge the same way, also dumb

WATCHD0G

Noob
$200K Pro League S3 finals
200/300/400 entrants in weekly tournaments online
Still hitting 100+ at big majors
Over a year of major pot bonuses worldwide
Two DLC character packs in a year
Balance patching every few months
Global community with their own respective events documented every few months
Netcode overhaul upon community request

DED GAME M8
all very great and valid points....my only issue right now is the balance of certain characters, besides that i still love this game

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Edit: There might be some stuff in Konjurer that i'm not aware of. Tarkatan specific, and i'll even argue about Acidic I guess.
"Show me where Quan Chi has HTBS then ill agree with you, just not in Summoner cause I don't know enough about that variation."

Or maybe it is Konjurer that's the problem, not Tark or Acidic.

Tweedy

Noob
"Show me where Quan Chi has HTBS then ill agree with you, just not in Summoner cause I don't know enough about that variation."

I don't see your point. We do character tier lists and what not, but this is a variation game. I've never loaded up practice mode or played a match as Konjurer.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I don't see your point. We do character tier lists and what not, but this is a variation game. I've never loaded up practice mode or played a match as Konjurer.
Because you can't just say Alien doesnt have safe 50/50s and conveniently forget the variation that has safe 50/50s. I'm pretty certain you were one of the guys who thought each variation didn't count as it's own character too, so the "variation game" argument doesn't really work now does it.

Tweedy

Noob
Because you can't just say Alien doesnt have safe 50/50s and conveniently forget the variation that has safe 50/50s. I'm pretty certain you were one of the guys who thought each variation didn't count as it's own character too, so the "variation game" argument doesn't really work now does it.
Yes it does, because you're not benefited by the other variation's specific tools when using another. Nothing was conveniently forgotten. I only play Tarkatan and have messed with Acidic. At this moment I don't even know if Konjurer has what we were talking about. If Konjurer is super omega broke, then Tarkatan shouldn't be banned because of it.

Saying i'm one of the guys that thought something, means nothing. That's just another empty TYM argument.

Edit: I mean it's literally a HARD FACT that a variation specific tool does not benefit all three variations. I could say that chicken tastes like blueberries, and if I later say that that's not true, you can't prove me wrong by saying "bro earlier you said that it was". That's just you grasping at straws, whether I said it or not.

Do you know what's funny!

I said the exact same thing about Mileenas tele early in the beta days and got blowing the shit up

http://testyourmight.com/threads/who-do-you-think-is-top-5-in-eo-beta.58669/page-14#post-2027089

@TheGabStandard you remember this :p

Also lol I just noticed i said 50/59 ha
Are you under the impression that this isn't ridiculous anymore? Because it still is.

She can either air sai or not air sai so omg it's a 50/50? holy crap... I just.... man.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
How am I downplaying? All you can say are vague statements like "fuck off downplayer".

Provide safe 50/50s. Not 3-7% damage, that's not even safe all the time.
It's been 3 days and going on a dozen pages of your incoherent bitching and misappropriation of the facts. It seems as if any thread where Alien is mentioned three times you show up, like a shitposting Beetlejuice. How many times do you need to be mocked and proven wrong before you realize that your opinion on the subject is not valued?

Is that still too vague of a response for you to understand?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Are you under the impression that this isn't ridiculous anymore? Because it still is.

She can either air sai or not air sai so omg it's a 50/50? holy crap... I just.... man.
Every time you quote me it's always negative lol

I'm just saying I said it before so drop the attitude there big man

Tweedy

Noob
It's been 3 days and going on a dozen pages of your incoherent bitching and misappropriation of the facts. It seems as if any thread where Alien is mentioned three times you show up, like a shitposting Beetlejuice. How many times do you need to be mocked and proven wrong before you realize that your opinion on the subject is not valued?

Is that still too vague of a response for you to understand?
Everything that you just said is vague. You didn't explain how any of the things that I say are facts, aren't, and you didn't prove me wrong on anything.

People ganging up on me is stop going to stop me from fighting back against the propaganda. Go ahead and post something vague in response to that as well.

Coming at me doesn't prove me wrong at all. Do you not understand that?

Someone makes an argument, you come at them and not their argument, and that makes you right? No personal insults, but I mean.....

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

To be fair, everyone's crusade HAS been geared towards only Acidic and Tarkatan so far lol. For what Konjurer loosely implores I don't think anyone can be expected to know all the loopholes it can bring to the table yet.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
At least his requires meter.
The teleport or the charge? Either way if Im blocking a combo starting teleport I should get a free punish without an unecessary guessing game. Teleports should have been MK9 punishable in this game, you sit there spinning in the air for 2 whole seconds, no squirming your way out of a punish with gimmicks

$200K Pro League S3 finals
200/300/400 entrants in weekly tournaments online
Still hitting 100+ at big majors
Over a year of major pot bonuses worldwide
Two DLC character packs in a year
Balance patching every few months
Global community with their own respective events documented every few months
Netcode overhaul upon community request

DED GAME M8
I'll be surprised to see MKX last another 2 years. I've notice a decline in twitch views even during ESL. SFV locals pull in more views than a MKX major.
this and competitive play isn't what keeps a game alive nrs won't have money to keep funding tournaments once the casuals leave the game. I know u work for nrs but damn bro don't be blind season 2 finals of esl had less viewers then a nyc local for sfv y because in mkx the same 4 or 5 characters win every tournament. Outside of fox every tournament won in this game was won by a top 5 character or by counter picking . Character loyalty gets u nowhere unless u play top tier it's sad. Mkx is a counterpickong game or tier whoring just look at foxy he claimed to be a lao loyaltists but what happened when lao got NORMALIZED he don't even use him anymore the character isn't even bad but because he's not top 5 he dropped him. That is what this community rewards lol its sad

Last edited:

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Sektor can cancel his teleport on block into the air corpse charge the same way, also dumb
The teleport or the charge? Either way if Im blocking a combo starting teleport I should get a free punish without an unecessary guessing game. Teleports should have been MK9 punishable in this game, you sit there spinning in the air for 2 whole seconds, no squirming your way out of a punish with gimmicks
@Psyren136

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Someone makes an argument, you come at them and not their argument, and that makes you right? No personal insults, but I mean.....
Fucking pot meet kettle. Remember when the discussion in the other thread you shitted up was about Alien? Now it's about how your Kotal gets full combo punished by all the cast when you use a sword and about how Pnut is a nobody. Following your string of logic is akin to tracing a path of straws, crumpled with which the urgency they had been grasped, back to a bloody pulp that was once a horse. Flawed premises made with precisely zero evidence, but rather circumstantial accounts of how your flowchart playstyle gets pooped on.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Sektor option is not in the same level as Mileena's teleport sai-no sai mindgame. She gets it free, that's dumb.
Sektor spends a bar for it, and if his air charge is blocked he can get punished, he's at -15.
Unless it accidentally crosses up on a crouch block, i felt that the push back on it plus the block stun... i dont think i could do anything with cyrax.

RagingRicans

NetBattles
it doesn't matter if the safe mix up only does 7%. It's a knock down into more pressure and more opportunities to condition and mix up for higher damage (easily)

I don't know why you are so stuck on the 7% thing lol

Btw I don't think Alien is broken or should be banned, but please admit he is braindead as fuck and needs half a brain to be effective lol

@Tweedy

Note: I find him weird to wake up on. Sometimes the timing is off and nothing comes out. Don't know what it is.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Sektor option is not in the same level as Mileena's teleport sai-no sai mindgame. She gets it free, that's dumb.
Sektor spends a bar for it, and if his air charge is blocked he can get punished, he's at -15.
definitely not on the same level as Mileena, no

I thought his air charge was safe? if it just makes it harder to punish but still unsafe, then meh. thats fine