What's new

Born On a Monday -- Solomon Grundy General Discussion/QA/Combo Thread

huber

Noob
Stream pretty much showed Grundy beasting folks like mad last night. Arturo mentioned Grundy is a problem matchup for some dudes and is really fucking tough. I doubt he's Sheeva-tier or whatever. His dash is huge, he would meter burn for armor and then do MAJOR damage which built his meter back making these things nearly free, and his swamp hands was legit. He wasn't even too slow to normal some stuff. Plus if he does his Super he can pretty much jump around and hit grab all day with his HUGE hands till he lands that shit.

Grundy is good looking. Mike Ross will need more Kleenex IMO. He'll have it rough once folks learn their stuff and I'm thinking Deathstroke, GA, and Aquaman stand a good shot at ruining his day if folks know those characters and the matchup. Just a guess, but they look to have the tools to make it tough on Grundy even if they dont look able to make him free.

Its pretty awesome. In the feedback vid I mentioned the feedback on how slow he originally was and the folks thought he could use either more speed, a good dash, armor or some kind of long distance tool to get in...he got all 4. This is like X-mas. Poem is hype as hell.
He's so strong and fun man. The characters like Deathstroke are a headache but once I get a hang of this run-stop armor stuff it'll be manageable.

Anyone wants me to try anything for them I'd be more than happy. You'd be doing me a favor since I don't know where to look for the juice in the NRS games.

loogie

Dojo Trainee
He's so strong and fun man. The characters like Deathstroke are a headache but once I get a hang of this run-stop armor stuff it'll be manageable.

Anyone wants me to try anything for them I'd be more than happy. You'd be doing me a favor since I don't know where to look for the juice in the NRS games.

question is, or what we need to test, how many hits of armor does the bf3 have? and yeah, Deathstroke is being troublesome because of the 7-8 hit machine gun stuff (ex version is worse; has a rocket launcher ffs)
btw, vs chars who ignore armor with their traits like Superman, Doomsday, and Lex - Grundy's gonna have a hard time

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.

question is, or what we need to test, how many hits of armor does the bf3 have? and yeah, Deathstroke is being troublesome because of the 7-8 hit machine gun stuff (ex version is worse; has a rocket launcher ffs)
btw, vs chars who ignore armor with their traits like Superman, Doomsday, and Lex - Grundy's gonna have a hard time
huber
loogie

I need you two to post a pic of your game box, disc and your username on a piece of paper in the following thread to verify your early copies. Do that an you'll have both have my permission and free reign to post whatever you want so long as its not story or unlock spoilers. Its my compromise to meet the board halfway while still keeping those who don't actually own it from getting attention. Go to the thread below with your stuff and you can fill the boards with technical stuff.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/if...py-post-proof-and-you-can-post-info-if.29976/

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Solomon showed a solid freak scary efficient close game, with annoying grabs with great damage .... in the right hands, Grundy is easily top 10

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Solomon showed a solid freak scary efficient close game, with annoying grabs with great damage .... in the right hands, Grundy is easily top 10
Yeah Mike Ross should be in heaven. Grundy was punishing everyone and he'd build back any bars he spent to get his tools out that would get him in on folks. Swamp hands was better than I'd hoped...it was even usable mid combo to setup stuff.

huber

Noob
So far it seems like there is no limit. I've gone through the 5 hit+ Deathstroke projecticles etc...

It looks sick when someone tries to chuck a car or some shit at you and you just walk through it and grab them. That's the stuff.

You guys seem to like ending with his defense throws. Any particular reason?

Why can't Grundy continue his throw past Wednesday :'(
I'm no master theorist but in my experience so far you're going to bleed a bit to get close. The defense boosts help with this.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
After watching the stream the other night, I got to wondering...

Does Grundy have a chain grapple with his full rhyme? Or is it just the shortened version we kept seeing? Ending with "Buried on Wednesday"

I was hoping for some full-on King shit.

Regardless, Grundy is hype! I got excited every time he was picked. Can't wait to see him in tournaments.

huber

Noob
After watching the stream the other night, I got to wondering...

Does Grundy have a chain grapple with his full rhyme? Or is it just the shortened version we kept seeing? Ending with "Buried on Wednesday"

I was hoping for some full-on King shit.

Regardless, Grundy is hype! I got excited every time he was picked. Can't wait to see him in tournaments.
Nothing beyond buried, but it's a good line to end on while you slam jam someone

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Nothing beyond buried, but it's a good line to end on while you slam jam someone
It is, but as a comic guy it kind of irks me since that isn't how it actually goes. He's supposed to be buried on Sunday. Then again, I guess an 8-chain grab would be too much for this kind of game.

What i liked the most about Grundy is that he can be tricky. What i mean by that is i saw him doing a simple 2 hit block string followed by a grapple. The small amount of time needed to be able to grab the guy without the move missing is insane.

Usually in say street fighter i could do a blocked jab followed by a grapple move *from zangief* and it would whiff. So i had to time it just right to get the fastest possible grab out and not whiff.

But with Grundy the time was so short it was crazy. Also his armored grab move is crazy it can take on so many hits and keep going. And it seem like he caught people who were coming down from their jump.

And he can root you from full screen.

This guy has alot of tools that help him get close to you. This guy is dangerous and i love it

Gruff757

The Gruff
It is, but as a comic guy it kind of irks me since that isn't how it actually goes. He's supposed to be buried on Sunday. Then again, I guess an 8-chain grab would be too much for this kind of game.
he says Married on Wednesday lol

Solomon Grundy,
Born on a Monday,
Christened on Tuesday,
Married on Wednesday,
Took ill on Thursday,
Grew worse on Friday,
Died on Saturday,
Buried on Sunday.
That was the end,
Of Solomon Grundy

GGA Wafflez

the kid
Tips against aquaman? I have so much trouble getting past his spikes and spears.... When i get close to use an armor command grab he just uses an armored f3..and his low starter fucks up his armor wtfff

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Big Frog

Dojo Trainee
Yeah, there's definitely a few hard MUs. Still working on it.

In a way he's scratching my Swamp Thing itch and I'm loving it.

Gruff757

The Gruff
i didnt realize that there was training mode online.....

yo if youre on psn hit me up if you wanna do some dojo or player matches