What's new

Born On a Monday -- Solomon Grundy General Discussion/QA/Combo Thread

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
This guy is so badass right now.... Those swamp hands really help him now full screen vs the likes of Green Arrow/Cyborg... Now they gotta worry about that and his fwrd movement is then quick enough to get in and smash

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
This guy is so badass right now.... Those swamp hands really help him now full screen vs the likes of Green Arrow/Cyborg... Now they gotta worry about that and his fwrd movement is then quick enough to get in and smash
Yeah Grundy is looking good now. Nothing OP but good. His main problem is dudes with fast zoning and good up backs. Arrow is still a problem but eventually you can corner him and the it gets scary because Arrow is gonna have to start a combo and force you back off somehow which means he will have to get in close. Just dont lose your patience as a Grundy player. You're gonna need it.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I have something wonderful for you fellow Grundy fans.

Shoryuken said:
The game has changed quite a bit since we last saw it at E3 2012. For one thing, the game moves at a much faster pace. Dashes happen almost instantly and even slow characters are incredibly mobile. Grundy, for example, can move nearly half of the screen in one dash!

I'm planning to main both a Gadget and Heavy character in Injustice, and out of all the Heavy fighters Grundy interests me the most. He's super slow though. Even his normals seems to have crappy frames on them. Hopefully he's better in the final build because he looks really fun.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I have something wonderful for you fellow Grundy fans.
Ive been saying this about him and doomsday since the battle arenas/reveal trailers.

But yes, dashes seem to cover half of the screen. I have no idea how zoning is going to work in this game.

Anybody somewhat worried about is ability to get in on people? Considering zoning is apparently really strong in this game. I know we won't really know until we get our hands on Injustice, but damn Black Adam has a fast projectile.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Anybody somewhat worried about is ability to get in on people? Considering zoning is apparently really strong in this game. I know we won't really know until we get our hands on Injustice, but damn Black Adam has a fast projectile.
I'm on the fence about it. His Swamp Hands move is an AMAZING anti-zoning move especially since he can dash in from full screen and still grab you, but we don't know how it works versus aerial Zoners and the like. He also doesn't seem to have the armored approach Doomsday and Bane can take.

Malec

Noob
i realy hope he is viable in competitive play and not just... well kinda cool but just sucks against all that heavy zoning that seems to be going on in this game

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
whose side could grundy be on in story mode and just where the hell did he come from? he's a freaking zombie!....if he was roaming the streets randomly I'd think the regime and insurgency would notice

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
i can see the other two heavyweights having more main stream appeal than grundy(really what he has done?)so I'll be surprised if i see him that much online

they won't compare to the grundy hype in a tournament.
Solomon Grundy,
Born on a Monday,
Christened on Tuesday,
Married on Wednesday,
Took ill on Thursday,
Grew worse on Friday,
Died on a Saturday,
Buried on Sunday,
That was the end,
Of Solomon Grundy.

Chain grapples are gonna be hype

I would be more hype if his grapples did more damage. 3 Chain grapples (from what I've seen) only did 23% damage. I was hoping that those would do more damage than that. He does 9% with one grapple just for comparison.

Of course the game isn't out yet, and it could all change, but it may be one of those things where we need to learn the 7 chain grapple just to get a ton of damage. Hopefully it won't be that difficult to pull off.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
I would be more hype if his grapples did more damage. 3 Chain grapples (from what I've seen) only did 23% damage. I was hoping that those would do more damage than that. He does 9% with one grapple just for comparison.

Of course the game isn't out yet, and it could all change, but it may be one of those things where we need to learn the 7 chain grapple just to get a ton of damage. Hopefully it won't be that difficult to pull off.
Hopefully...Otherwise i might just switch to bane for my heavyweight action

Hopefully...Otherwise i might just switch to bane for my heavyweight action
Comboing into grab in certain situations is cool, but if most of Grundy's damage comes from that, it would be really stupid.

I know anime games are different and all, but Potemkin is like the perfect example for a grappler. His command grab takes 1/3 of your health away (depending on the characters health), and all of his combos end in knockdown up close(they don't knock the opponent away full screen). If I get close with a grappler and I hit someone, it should do some serious damage (I don't consider 23% to be serious, or significant).

People tend to react differently on wake up when one grab takes 40% of their health because they guessed wrong, and I want to dictate the match when I'm in their face. This is what I want with Grundy.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
Well we will see how grundy is once the game comes out...if he doesn't do that much damage I'll switch to bane and leave it at that