What's new

Booyah! -- Cyborg General Discussion Thread

InfernoZ

Noob
even if you "jail" them on a ji2/3, 11(2<< can still be B3mb). It is not worth eating a 35% combo for +++ frames. Unless they have no meter.
Depends really. If you take a look at his other options from 1,1. Those being 1,1,3 and 1,1~SD, they can't be interrupted. Mixing these up with 1,1,2 would make it extremely hard to react to

To my knowledge there's no absolute guard system in the game where you will be held in blockstun regardless of what you are doing. If someone's trying to press buttons after 1,1 then he has options to blow them up. Maybe there's a way to get around the followups but I'm unaware of them

IMO the + frames are way too good to pass up, it wouldn't hurt to add 1,1,2 to your arsenal

spin4u

Noob
Oh yes. I agree totally with where your coming from. I was just stating the con of 112 if you abuse it.
I am having trouble against DD and Grundy on wake up options. With most chars I tend to just do the grapple since it has armor and I dont waste meter. But what are his best options when people are doing strings that are safe on wake up with only say 1 or 2 bars?

JJParker

Noob
There was some fat guy using Cyborg at WNF and it was the most boring gameplay i have ever seen. Anyone who can enjoy playing a character like that has some serious problems.

spin4u

Noob
Thats the problem with people now a days. People are judging off the major streams,(WNF, BIG#2) who i might add are new to the nrs system coming from sf, umvc,ttt2; I think ECT will show more knowledge and better game play. I see beter game play coming from Kombat Houston stream than the major. oh and a win is a win buddy.

DukeofFortuneMan

Some guy with a PS3
What do people here think about the Cyborg patch? I don't notice it because I can only consistently get my Instant Air Blasts to hit standing opponents.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
With the high hitbox for IAFB's do you think Cyborg will still be considered S+? I think the nerf was extremely fair, but do think he was overrated because of the infinite. Don't get me wrong he's really good. But I'm having some trouble with his lack of range with his strings/normals. Top 10 for sure, but tops, eh I'm not sure.

DukeofFortuneMan

Some guy with a PS3
I think the nerf was extremely fair, but do think he was overrated because of the infinite. Don't get me wrong he's really good. But I'm having some trouble with his lack of range with his strings/normals. Top 10 for sure, but tops, eh I'm not sure.
Well, no one could do the infinite, that's the problem. People who kept trying messed up once or twice and got hit just because they weren't defending, at least from what I've seen on stream. Also, what happened when I did a set last night with my Catwoman buddy, she just kinda looked at me hopping around and yolo catdashed. Sad thing is it worked.

As for strings, his pressure game is still pretty swanky, I did a few sets with a Joker, and I could get in for free sometimes by armoring through his gun and stuff with my zipline, then he wouldn't have time to anti-air, giving me time for a bit up close. Also, his dash is so good, he just needs that in from midscreen to close-up safely.

I think that'll happen for sure once people get his complicated inputty stuff down to second nature, and start really watching the opponent rather than themselves, with all those tools at the ready. I've seen a few, myself included, who aren't there yet.

He'll be S again soon, no buffs needed.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
What would you say his best whiff punisher from range? Right now all I'm able to get is a f2~special or powerfist. All his strings feel stubby and non advancing.

Jun_Dp101

Don't mess with the bess
I hear Perfect legend beat a black adam with cyborg, I'm really interested to see the replay I think that mu is really tough

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
Is d3 completely safe?

I have no idea how to punish it. If I try to cross up/over all he has to do is dash out and d3 wave cannon or whatever that thing is called.

I cannot play Batman well against him...

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
What would you say his best whiff punisher from range? Right now all I'm able to get is a f2~special or powerfist. All his strings feel stubby and non advancing.
Unfortunately f2 is the normal with the most range. F2-SD is always a good check with decent spacing, on whiff the second hit of the string comes out which has the same range as f2 but advancing. Thank fuck for building meter quickly because f2-MBb3 is all he has past sweep distance.

It doesn't matter really in MU's he wins but in losing MU's his lack of range is a bitch.

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
How do you time the 11 after the 113 db2 corner string? I drop it more times than not and I'm not consistent with it at all.

SeanEXE

"Normalized"
So did everybody pretty much stop playing this character? I check the Cyborg thread a couple of times a week just in case but it's pretty much the emptiest character thread that I've seen.

regulas

Your Emporer
Question: Is the range on Cybrogs strings really so bad that they cannot be compensated for by his good frame data? Honestly when I first started using him he struck me as a rushdown, but everyone always seems to say hes a zoner.

regulas

Your Emporer
His only really good normal moves are d1 and b3. Everyhing else is pretty meh
So having 6 frame mix-up strings is bad? I know it's a short range high, but heck if you do the 18 frame on block the second mid his is coming at most at 12 frames. He has a ton of close range abilities including positive on block moves, good overheads, even a throw type move (that wiffs when used with strings oddly).

Yet I've never seen a Cyrbog who didn't think it was his lifes goal to get as many blasts onto the screen as possible.

His tools are designed to run away, and push them away if they get in and you magically are able to hit him. Learn to zone or be prepared to lose a lot with him.
Good players will d1 your 112 or Backdash/punish the 2. Every quick string starts with a high, meaning youl be d1ed into a full combo all day. D1-disruptor is barely good against good players because you can..get d1 interrupted into a full combo

D1-grapple away is what I'm going to start using a lot lol

regulas

Your Emporer
Shrug, I will probably experiment a bit, but really his zoning is the most boring I have ever seen in existence (And I generally like Zoning.)

You can't mix-up with Jump-ins (or grapple ins), and target acquired set-ups to punish ducking?

cyborg vs superman is around 5-5 maybe slight advantage for cyborg imo.
that is one match superman really cant outzone cyborg in

also, what antiair are you referring to? db1? LOL