What's new

Booyah! -- Cyborg General Discussion Thread

Jinkwai

Noob
Is anybody really using the trait? I can't figure out a good time to use it. I'm always applying pressure or something.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Honestly, I think that's dumb. I know it's dumb to be calling for buffs after day 1, but it does practically no damage, scales like a mother, takes forever to start up and even longer to get to the ground... it's basically Noob's portal lol. I don't know. Just seems like it should be unblockable cuz, right now, it seems kinda useless..... But that also might just be my bias because I've been using Cyrax's unblockable bombs for two years :D

I don't think he has any tbh. I did some exploring for about an hour and I wasn't able to hit 30% without the aid of bounces and such. Reminds me a LOT of Noob Saibot. But, like Noob, his corner game is SICK. (again, I could be wrong though)
Couldn't have said it better myself. His missles suck ass. In the corner, not bad. Mid screen, I have found 0 set ups that aren't easy to get around. How about NRS give cyborgs missles MB. With the use of meter they could be unblock able. Sounds reasonable to me. Even cooler still they could make it so you could detonate the rockets, and its explosion be unblock able while still retaining its launching properties.

I really want to love and learn Cyborg but he's so difficult to use. Not matter which input option I use, I feel like a lot times his stuff does not register.

A27Alak

Casual Fighter
Does anyone here use Cyborg's special ability? Seems like it's pretty "meh" to me since any character with projectiles (or quick rush down ability) can damage you before you heal a significant amount of health.

SeanEXE

"Normalized"
Does anyone here use Cyborg's special ability? Seems like it's pretty "meh" to me since any character with projectiles (or quick rush down ability) can damage you before you heal a significant amount of health.
I don't really use it much at all. Whenever I try to use it full screen I usually get hit out of it via opponents projectile. Even if I back dash on reaction I still get hit sometimes. Also, it doesn't really give you any health at all. Sure you can cancel some of his strings with it to go for more pressure/mixups but it's better to do that with his special moves instead.

A27Alak

Casual Fighter
I have no idea how this isn't the busiest thread on TYM, this character is fucking insane.
I play with Cyborg because I'm a fan of the character, but I'll be honest when I say that I'm terrible with him. The other TT characters feel pretty natural to me now, but Cyborg just seems to have a steep learning curve. His special is useless (imo) and his missiles take forever to start up. Maybe once I get comfortable with him, I'll post more in the Cyborg forums.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I've been trying, trying to use this guy all night.

Fuck.

The inputs are too strict for a PS3 controller apparently, and his strings have wonky cancel timing, which is fucked online.

These two are horrible to have on a character so dependent on timing.

Tyram

Noob
-yeah I am having trouble using his missles to there max potential.

-his special ability would be better if you could hold it down while doing moves at the same time *same thing you do with megaman and Zero in Marvel vs capcom*

- don't get me wrong I love all the combo videos and stuff BUT I'd love to talk a lot about combos and trats that would be honestly viable in a actual match you know what Im saying? For example a jump in bnb in my opinion with cyborg should most of the time either be jump in Y, XXA, Back forward X. or jump in Y on block XXA, QCF Y which is safe on block.

-Also just strat wise against Doomsday I think backA *with the ahrmor* should be used as often as possible because while his up blast beats out the up air attack from doomsday it isn't that easy to beat every time where as the back A will get you out of that situation everytime. I think using 1 meter to get out of doomsday's air attack everytime is well worth the attempt at a dash or anti air blast whitch is very hard to time but that's just me.

I hope this post helps with the discussion. I'm just trying to join in on the discussion.

SeanEXE

"Normalized"
-yeah I am having trouble using his missles to there max potential.

-his special ability would be better if you could hold it down while doing moves at the same time *same thing you do with megaman and Zero in Marvel vs capcom*

- don't get me wrong I love all the combo videos and stuff BUT I'd love to talk a lot about combos and trats that would be honestly viable in a actual match you know what Im saying? For example a jump in bnb in my opinion with cyborg should most of the time either be jump in Y, XXA, Back forward X. or jump in Y on block XXA, QCF Y which is safe on block.

-Also just strat wise against Doomsday I think backA *with the ahrmor* should be used as often as possible because while his up blast beats out the up air attack from doomsday it isn't that easy to beat every time where as the back A will get you out of that situation everytime. I think using 1 meter to get out of doomsday's air attack everytime is well worth the attempt at a dash or anti air blast whitch is very hard to time but that's just me.

I hope this post helps with the discussion. I'm just trying to join in on the discussion.
Holding the trait button in combos would be pretty cool. As for trying to beat Doomsdays air attack, using the armor every time would be a bad idea because he can fake the meter burn and you'll waste a meter every time.

Tyram

Noob
Holding the trait button in combos would be pretty cool. As for trying to beat Doomsdays air attack, using the armor every time would be a bad idea because he can fake the meter burn and you'll waste a meter every time.
I disagree only because you have a rediculous amount of time to see it happen. he could be off the screen completely and you can do the attack using the meter no problem at that time. give it a try in training mode bro.

SeanEXE

"Normalized"
I disagree only because you have a rediculous amount of time to see it happen. he could be off the screen completely and you can do the attack using the meter no problem at that time. give it a try in training mode bro.
Reacting to wether he's going to meter burn or not is still pretty difficult. Even if it was easy to react to why not just dash out of the way and get a full combo punish? His recovery is terrible. Using armor is an option but it shouldn't be used all of the time. Dashing is a much better option imo.

Tyram

Noob
Reacting to wether he's going to meter burn or not is still pretty difficult. Even if it was easy to react to why not just dash out of the way and get a full combo punish? His recovery is terrible. Using armor is an option but it shouldn't be used all of the time. Dashing is a much better option imo.
very true.

I just gotta work on my dash then bro. I dash when he is in the air and I still get hit by that shit.

thats why i rely a lot on the meter burn. Ill most def work more on the dash though.

his vertical blast beats out the attack as well but that is super super strict timing

SeanEXE

"Normalized"
very true.

I just gotta work on my dash then bro. I dash when he is in the air and I still get hit by that shit.

thats why i rely a lot on the meter burn. Ill most def work more on the dash though.

his vertical blast beats out the attack as well but that is super super strict timing
Yeah timing sonic disruptor is pretty tough.

A27Alak

Casual Fighter
don't get me wrong I love all the combo videos and stuff BUT I'd love to talk a lot about combos and trats that would be honestly viable in a actual match
Absolutely agree with this. I see a lot of high dmg combo vids on YouTube that involve missiles or perfectly set-up scenarios. If I can find more ways to perform a 20-30% midscreen combo that doesn't involve interactions, I'd be a really happy Cyborg player. Ladder boss Superman on Medium kicks my Cyborg's butt a couple rounds before I can muster a win :(

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
From what I've messed with him, I literally don't know any combos with him, I was only looking for knockdown setups off of 112/113.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Where the fuck are the Cyborg BnB's? All I can find in these forums are situational corner combos and iafb tips. :(