What's new

Booyah! -- Cyborg General Discussion Thread

Swoops

Noob
So, I think I have something interesting...

Not sure if this has been discussed yet or if it's common knowledge at this point, but has anyone noticed the standing frames on the opponent's wake up animation? I bring it up because I've tested techno tackle on hard knockdown quite a few times and I can't duck it. Even set the dummy to play back: sweep, timed TT - and I couldn't duck it for the life of me. You can definitely wake up attack out of it (except some attacks will whiff while cyborg flies over their heads,) but you definitely can't block/crouch it.

Not saying it's immensely useful since TT only does 9% non MB and has shit hit advantage, but it might be something to look into.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate

Not sure if this has been discussed yet or if it's common knowledge at this point, but has anyone noticed the standing frames on the opponent's wake up animation? I bring it up because I've tested techno tackle on hard knockdown quite a few times and I can't duck it. Even set the dummy to play back: sweep, timed TT - and I couldn't duck it for the life of me. You can definitely wake up attack out of it (except some attacks will whiff while cyborg flies over their heads,) but you definitely can't block/crouch it.

Not saying it's immensely useful since TT only does 9% non MB and has shit hit advantage, but it might be something to look into.
Yeah. There are universal stand frames (1-3 frames) whenever someone gets up. It is great for grapple characters. NY Jailhouse played around with this a while ago. I have been trying to practice hitting TT after a mid screen knockdown (like after 112). It is possible midscreen, but it is hard to do consistently because of the small amount of frames to viably make it connect. Much easier in the corner. Wakeups still blow it up, but if you can maximize your distance they are unlikely to commit to a wake up

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
basically all of cyborgs matchups are exactly the same, btw
except sinestro which is basically unwinnable now
Yup. His trait buff did very little to help his bad MUs. Just really helps him in the MUs he already won. Sinestro, Ares, and Aquaman all got buffed or basically ignored. Raven, Zod, MMH are still big problems.

And dude let's skype/practice mode sometime! I need to show you how to fight sinestro and DS. I'm convinced DS is 5-5 perhaps 6-4 cyborg

rurounikenshin

biggest cyborg upplayer
Yup. His trait buff did very little to help his bad MUs. Just really helps him in the MUs he already won. Sinestro, Ares, and Aquaman all got buffed or basically ignored. Raven, Zod, MMH are still big problems.

And dude let's skype/practice mode sometime! I need to show you how to fight sinestro and DS. I'm convinced DS is 5-5 perhaps 6-4 cyborg

Damn, it is better if you tell all of us your secrets.

yeah i was like DAMN when i figured that out but then i was like Oh. when i realized how meh it is
http://testyourmight.com/threads/guaranteed-command-throws.35605/

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
So I've been pretty much maining Cyborg since the patch, has anyone found any guaranteed trait setups. I've just been doing enders as 113 or b123 into trait for bit then either canceling into grapple or nb. I can't seem to get much more than a couple percent at a time in any match unless the opponent is super free.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
So I've been pretty much maining Cyborg since the patch, has anyone found any guaranteed trait setups. I've just been doing enders as 113 or b123 into trait for bit then either canceling into grapple or nb. I can't seem to get much more than a couple percent at a time in any match unless the opponent is super free.
Using trait after MB PF is good because it has quick recovery, so you can start to heal right away. Also sends them full screen, and you don't have to sacrifice damage by not using powerfist.

I am still using it mostly as a baiting technique. People don't realize you can cancel from it yet they fear its power so much they dash at you like a loon

I am in the midst of making/writing a bunch of videos and new tech/set-ups for Cyborg, new trait included. Hopefully be released soon!

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Do any of you guys use the mb b3 combos now that they do extra dmg? He gains alot of meter fast to me imo and I was trying some stuff in training mode and I got 42% with F2, MBB3 cancel?, J2, J2, 3, DB1 and 39% with B2, MBB3 cancel, j2, j2, 3, DB1

nevery really tried cancelling f2 and b2 into b3. the real problem with this stuff is he has zero strings which can be reliably hit confirmed into b3 cancel. therefore i find it more useful to not use two meters on a guess usually and spend those 2 meters on two guesses with raw mbb3/f3s

so annoying cyborg is like the only charcater who has no hitconfirms.

in those combos substitute the first j2 with j3 for more damage.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
nevery really tried cancelling f2 and b2 into b3. the real problem with this stuff is he has zero strings which can be reliably hit confirmed into b3 cancel. therefore i find it more useful to not use two meters on a guess usually and spend those 2 meters on two guesses with raw mbb3/f3s

so annoying cyborg is like the only charcater who has no hitconfirms.

in those combos substitute the first j2 with j3 for more damage.
b1 2 can hit confirm into MB B3 on the ground. The problem is that it doesn't have the range to hit after many of his frame advantage normals... I usually try it off a blocked 112. I hate hit-confirming off of a jump attack. The changing input window between a blocked jump and hit jump is so annoying. Hit confirming a J2xx3 into MBB3 is super annoying :X

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Is there a trick to landing the 113~sdc dash d1~pf combo? I've got it like maybe 1 out of 15 tries but it looks sooo cool. Can you get anything else other than d1? I saw a vid of 113 sdc cancel into d2 bounce cancel but it feels impossible.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Is there a trick to landing the 113~sdc dash d1~pf combo? I've got it like maybe 1 out of 15 tries but it looks sooo cool. Can you get anything else other than d1? I saw a vid of 113 sdc cancel into d2 bounce cancel but it feels impossible.
Cyborgs best mid-screen punish is actually IAJ2 113xxsdc -- 2xxPF MB. 7frame starter, builds meter, carries to the corner, and 33%
I was doing it at the last tournament but the stream got deleted :(

The 113xxSDC -- 2xxPF is a just frame on small hit box characters and 2-3 frames on larger hitbox characters. Practice on lex. 113xxsdc -- d1xxPF is way easier, I can almost do it every single time.

I also swear one time I did b1,2 3 sdc d1xxpf, but I have never been able to replicate it...
113xxsdc d2xxMBB3 is also possible but only on big hitbox characters I think... I need to lab this more.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
is it worth even going in the lab with this character does he have mid screen combos? plus cba doing IAFB but GGA slips only uses the normal ones and does well plz reply the thread cant be that dead

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
guys, how do you get the instant air fireballs to work most of the time ? i find it soo hard to even do one corectly

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
guys, how do you get the instant air fireballs to work most of the time ? i find it soo hard to even do one corectly
Everyone has a slightly different method. Some just do up back forward and buffer the jump before the character lands. Some use the slide technique or roll from ubf. I actually roll from upback to downforward + 1. Just have to find what works for you.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Everyone has a slightly different method. Some just do up back forward and buffer the jump before the character lands. Some use the slide technique or roll from ubf. I actually roll from upback to downforward + 1. Just have to find what works for you.
Thanks, Rob

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I saw Jailhouse talk about it some time back, but has anyone explored the tackle as oki any further? It seems you can easily loop 4 mb tackles in the corner so that the opponent have to wake up with an attack or backdash to get out. Also by ending combos in a background bounce you can set up rockets (either close or mid range) and do a meaty tackle that can't be crouched. If you do close rockets you protect yourself against many wake up attacks and if you do mid range rockets you can combo the tackle in to them by mb'ing (only 14% though). Also I some how pushed the opponent in to the rockets at mid range if I timed my tackle slightly too late. Don't know how that works though.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
Y
I saw Jailhouse talk about it some time back, but has anyone explored the tackle as oki any further? It seems you can easily loop 4 mb tackles in the corner so that the opponent have to wake up with an attack or backdash to get out. Also by ending combos in a background bounce you can set up rockets (either close or mid range) and do a meaty tackle that can't be crouched. If you do close rockets you protect yourself against many wake up attacks and if you do mid range rockets you can combo the tackle in to them by mb'ing (only 14% though). Also I some how pushed the opponent in to the rockets at mid range if I timed my tackle slightly too late. Don't know how that works though.
you should make some vids for this character you find all the tech lol I forgot he was on the roster because no one uses him I tried but he has 0 combos be cool if his df2 could MB and daze the opponent for extending combos or resets but it seams all he can do is zone

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Yeah you get a free TT after a MB TT. Also get a TT check after a 112 hardknock down midscreen. People will always blow it up with a wakeup in the corner (but that is fine becasue you want to go for his other more damaging setups anyway). But almost, no one wakes up (unless they have advancing specials like lex or KF) after a 112 knockdown, because they are to far away, yet in the perfect range for a meaty TT.

These days I am mostly using his sweet reset/pushblock set ups with missles to score big damage. I have a lot of it written in the guide. Am currently recording videos too (as no one likes to read when they could just watch...). Hopefully get them up soon! (Grad school is busy! :x)