What's new

General/Other - Bojutsu Bojutsu Kung Jin After-Patch Damage Report (5/14/2015)

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
F24 is still safe at -8 cause of pushback. I think the only char that can punish is reptile mb slide and that honestly doesnt feel worth for a bar. I tried with jax Cassie flip lao spins and liu kang but nothing is really punishing it. It just means he cant spam it but he still is moderately safe when he does it.

Edit: oh yeah I forgot raiden has a 6f f1. Yeah he probably gets to punish it.

wouter

Noob
I'm not entirely sure if it was the nerfs or the new matchmaking system online that gave me more trouble than usual last night with KJ. On ranked, I was almost exclusively getting matched up with much better players (rather than a mix of noobs, good matchups and better players as it was before). I'm sure it was a combination of both factors, but my opponents were definitely better than usual on ranked last night in terms of wins/losses etc.

Confession - I was getting a wee bit salty.
My salt levels rose to the occasion of this thread, definatly some higher level play now to get wins. Just let it all sink in a bit so that we can see how nerfs have affected him in competitive environment in the upcoming weeks.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
F24 is still safe at -8 cause of pushback. I think the only char that can punish is reptile mb slide and that honestly doesnt feel worth for a bar. I tried with jax Cassie flip lao spins and liu kang but nothing is really punishing it. It just means he cant spam it but he still is moderately safe when he does it.

Edit: oh yeah I forgot raiden has a 6f f1. Yeah he probably gets to punish it.
No you guys don't get it.

Kung Jin no longer can pressure the way Sonya, LK, Jax and others can...since they did that, why was the damage nerfed so heavily? Now the characters previously mentioned have better rush down and just as much damage, hell Jax has more. KJ is literally a corner character now. He will carry you on hit but its not like he will take advantage of bo swing knock back cuz his zoning only is good vs like 4 characters, competes with a few but is blown up by many. So now his overhead/low mixup does 30% and he has no advantage once they hit the ground unless they are in corner or if he ends combo with f3 which is more worth it now. I think Kung Jin has top 3 corner game. But they changed the scaling on each individual bo swing hit instead of the attack as a whole.

Lol I'm done bitching

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
As soon as I saw the bit about his bo swing not scaling correctly, I thought "I knew there was something wrong with KJ".

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
No you guys don't get it.

Kung Jin no longer can pressure the way Sonya, LK, Jax and others can...since they did that, why was the damage nerfed so heavily? Now the characters previously mentioned have better rush down and just as much damage, hell Jax has more. KJ is literally a corner character now. He will carry you on hit but its not like he will take advantage of bo swing knock back cuz his zoning only is good vs like 4 characters, competes with a few but is blown up by many. So now his overhead/low mixup does 30% and he has no advantage once they hit the ground unless they are in corner or if he ends combo with f3 which is more worth it now. I think Kung Jin has top 3 corner game. But they changed the scaling on each individual bo swing hit instead of the attack as a whole.

Lol I'm done bitching
The character is perfectly fine now you just cant be braindead with him. Im not saying you are braindead I just mean overall play in general.

FinalBoss_FGC

The character is perfectly fine now you just cant be braindead with him. Im not saying you are braindead I just mean overall play in general.
I know what you meant and I agree. I'm not saying the concept of what they did is terrible, I'll take the hit on frame data but don't nerf his damage THAT much. Now its much about using dive kick to punish stuff on reaction midscreen. Makes for an interesting character but the block and whiff cool down is soooo long with Sonya being at an advantage. I think KJ might be #5 now. He's not the best for sure

LoL Lianghubbb logic:

95% of players can't deal with character X = Character X is fine, everyone is just bad.

This is especially ironic coming from the guy who makes youtube $$$ with videos in which he drives people insane by spamming cheap shit that 95% of them can't deal with (especially online). Deathstroke got nerfed and now King Jim got normalized and will probably receive further nerfs.
And you dare come here and bitch about DS and KJ nerf when you were part of the problem to begin with?

LoL Lianghubbb logic:

95% of players can't deal with character X = Character X is fine, everyone is just bad.

This is especially ironic coming from the guy who makes youtube $$$ with videos in which he drives people insane by spamming cheap shit that 95% of them can't deal with (especially online). Deathstroke got nerfed and now King Jim got normalized and will probably receive further nerfs.
And you dare come here and bitch about DS and KJ nerf when you were part of the problem to begin with?
I don't earn any $ with youtube
rofl I dont care about nerfs I will still own players like you easily without any trouble
I main Takeda Sub and KJ

" spamming cheap shit "
dem casuals get a clue
it's ppl like you who cant avoid this "cheap stuff" and ending up writing those post or hatemails
step up your game like srsly

I don't earn any $ with youtube
rofl I dont care about nerfs I will still own players like you easily without any trouble
I main Takeda Sub and KJ

" spamming cheap shit "
dem casuals get a clue
it's ppl like you who cant avoid this "cheap stuff" and ending up writing those post or hatemails
step up your game like srsly
I remember your DS, because I beat you with my Catwoman several times.
You were 500/20 something in ranked and the only mail that you got from me contained "gg"

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
I know what you meant and I agree. I'm not saying the concept of what they did is terrible, I'll take the hit on frame data but don't nerf his damage THAT much. Now its much about using dive kick to punish stuff on reaction midscreen. Makes for an interesting character but the block and whiff cool down is soooo long with Sonya being at an advantage. I think KJ might be #5 now. He's not the best for sure
Yeah tbh I agree with the damage too. There's a lot of people that get 40% meterless or what have you, it's just the how of it that's the problem or how much risk there is compared to the reward.

out of 12? so you DO remember and even kept count?
I'm flattered! Highly doubt those numbers are accurate, but then again i respect your level of play and i never said i was better than you.

Although, i merely pointed out that you come here crying about about unjustified nerfs when you were contributing to them big time.

"dem casuals get a clue"

no they don't! they spam NRS with nerf tweets and ultimately destroy your characters

FinalBoss_FGC

I can give two shits about the damage really. His damage did get hit decently hard but my issue is his damage and his lack of pressure options. Before I had to make them guess until they can d1 punish me. Now I hit 11, do either overhead or low and that's it. The problem is other characters can do what I do but better. Better pressure and better damage now. Kung Jin is still really good but he got hit way harder than Quan Chi which is not cool

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
I can give two shits about the damage really. His damage did get hit decently hard but my issue is his damage and his lack of pressure options. Before I had to make them guess until they can d1 punish me. Now I hit 11, do either overhead or low and that's it. The problem is other characters can do what I do but better. Better pressure and better damage now. Kung Jin is still really good but he got hit way harder than Quan Chi which is not cool
Don't you still have pressure options they just require meter now?

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
As a fellow Tennessee player, I've got your back. But I shall shed no tears the day Kung Jin becomes a mere mortal. There are still a few other characters that could use a gentle brushing with the nerf switch but I can't quite place who ;)

Honestly, I'd prefer nobody go past like 30 without meter.

And did you pick Kung Jin because you liked him or because he was top dog?

Kung Jin's f24 is now -8, down from 0. So you will get punished undoubtedly if you do it.
Are you sure about this? I just tried with multiple characters, and it was pretty easy to get this to be blocked at a distance where I could not punish it.

**edit**

Just retested this with a number of characters. It certainly isn't "undoubtedly" punishable. I would change it to something like "sort of" punishable or something. In the current form the statement is misleading.

Something that "will get punished undoubtedly" literally means there can be no doubt in the ability to punish it. In this case, there are many times where it's literally impossible for a character to punish.

FinalBoss_FGC

As a fellow Tennessee player, I've got your back. But I shall shed no tears the day Kung Jin becomes a mere mortal. There are still a few other characters that could use a gentle brushing with the nerf switch but I can't quite place who ;)

Honestly, I'd prefer nobody go past like 30 without meter.

And did you pick Kung Jin because you liked him or because he was top dog?
just look at the Kung Jin subforum.

Let that answer your question lol