What's new

General/Other - Bojutsu Bojutsu Kung Jin After-Patch Damage Report (5/14/2015)

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
LoL Lianghubbb logic:

95% of players can't deal with character X = Character X is fine, everyone is just bad.

This is especially ironic coming from the guy who makes youtube $$$ with videos in which he drives people insane by spamming cheap shit that 95% of them can't deal with (especially online). Deathstroke got nerfed and now King Jim got normalized and will probably receive further nerfs.
And you dare come here and bitch about DS and KJ nerf when you were part of the problem to begin with?
Only scrubs use the terms "spam" and "cheap".

EOTL

KItana can do 40% as well. But does it matter really? KJ is still doing 35% which is still top 5 meterless damage.

RainMK9

Noob
True, i'm most likely will still main him since I'm so comfortable already. But I do want to challenge my self and learn new people, any good suggestions?

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
I can give two shits about the damage really. His damage did get hit decently hard but my issue is his damage and his lack of pressure options. Before I had to make them guess until they can d1 punish me. Now I hit 11, do either overhead or low and that's it. The problem is other characters can do what I do but better. Better pressure and better damage now. Kung Jin is still really good but he got hit way harder than Quan Chi which is not cool
Clearly you didn't watch the video, here:

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
True, i'm most likely will still main him since I'm so comfortable already. But I do want to challenge my self and learn new people, any good suggestions?
I am using Goro and Ferra Torr as alt characters. They are a lot of fun and play very differently from Jin, give them a try

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
I can give two shits about the damage really. His damage did get hit decently hard but my issue is his damage and his lack of pressure options. Before I had to make them guess until they can d1 punish me. Now I hit 11, do either overhead or low and that's it. The problem is other characters can do what I do but better. Better pressure and better damage now. Kung Jin is still really good but he got hit way harder than Quan Chi which is not cool
just look at the Kung Jin subforum.

Let that answer your question lol
I still think he'll be really good. I hope to get to play some sets against you soon.

Mint

too weird to live, too rare to die
Did they nerf his range a little bit too? I find myself whiffing quite a bit on jump in punches lately.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
You are talking about good stuff, but I never said he is unplayable or something, just that he doesn't have enough be top anymore.
Scorpion, Raiden, Quan Chi, Erron, D'vorah, Kang and others look much better than Jin now. He is not top 5 and probably not even top 10
Kang? Liu Kang, better than Kung Jin? How?

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Don't know if Liu Kang is better than KJ but liu Kang's run stop pressure in Dragon Fire is no joke.
I play Liu. He's got good pressure in DF, agreed. It's been nerfed massively and subtly since release though. Liu's lost about the same amount of pressure that KJ has. The difference is, KJ has literally every other tool in the book. Liu has mediocre zoning in FF and still good pressure in DF. That's it