What's new

Blue Beetle General Discussion Thread

Espio

Kokomo
What actually changed about him? I never received a beta code sadly but I remember a lot of people sayin he was bad...but now that I've tried him he seems quite solid.
Shield bash is now -4 with immense pushback (it had pushback in the beta, but wasn't safe).

This means he has a nine frame mid he can cancel into a safe special for chip and to check you, he gets a safe overhead AND a safe advancing mid by cancelling into shield bash.

Down 1 is better. Back 2, 3 his string that crosses up is also now overhead with the cross up. It's less safe, but more guessing involved.

Shield bash change literally changed so much it's not even funny.

Aside from that, he honestly had really good tools in the beta since he had a great projectile, solid anti-air, great sweep etc.

His core problem in the beta was a lack of safety, string gaps couldn't be filled with a safe special, but now they can.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
How does he do against zoners like Fate and Deadshot? I wanted to pick him up as a co-main/secondary.

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"
How does he do against zoners like Fate and Deadshot? I wanted to pick him up as a co-main/secondary.
I haven't gotten to play him in ranked yet, but he has great air mobility that should do well against fate's mid hitting projectiles.

But I'm pretty sure Dead shot has an anti air shot that could hinder that a little bit... I really need more lab time with him...

He's got flight and a lot of reach so, in theory, he should be able to get in on Fate with relative ease since Fate doesn't have an air projectiles or tracking projectiles. Deadshot does but at least it'll force him to go for trickier shots to keep you out.

Espio

Kokomo
Well, he seems to deal with Ivy and Dr. Fate okay. Cyborg seems pretty balanced too from my observations and up close is pretty much the same deal. Deadshot seems okay ish for him, but not as good as the other three since he can control even more angles and points on the screen than them in the air.

You can probably bait him with fake flight attempts too, but overall with Deadshot's projectile recovery and other options, you're gonna wanna get in instead of trying to play the projectile game with him unless you have a notable life lead to afford some trades.

The good thing about him though is he has pretty decent staggers/throw game and offense too so the people he has to fight up close that outzone him isn't so bad. Just my initial impressions.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Entering trait during high and low stab is so helpful. With the blades on you can leave them with db1, df1, bf3, and 211+3. I can get df1mb4, but not db1mb4. If anyone can solve that problem I'll be you best friend forever. The damage would be pretty big for a bar.

I don't know how to deal with the damage in this game, so that's not included. Here's my bnbs so far.

111df1mb4 211+3 bladed ender. Remember you can then hit 4 at the end of the at string to get out of trait to zone again if you prefer.

AA D2 slight walk forward 1db1mb slight walk forward b3 j3 f23bf3

F23 f23 f23bf3

F23 dash 1db1mb slight walk forward b3 j3 f23bf3. The beginning of this one has very strict timing, and changes with opponents size/hitbox.

13db2 jump forward j3 f23f23bf3. If 13 is blocked you can choose to cross up or not with j3 depending on your timing. If it hits there's no cross up, so I go for j3 into a mixup or safe pressure.

Has anyone tried to use flight cancels out of 14 string? There's good range to execute it when you have the blades out.

Blades out: 14, db2~dd, j1, 111...

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Ive been having some problems vs Darkseid. So much that I started playing him because of it and I still have no answers other than switching to Green Lantern. Help plz. :(

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
What are you having trouble with in particular?
Getting in lol. And once I get in, minimal offense to keep him in my face. Better zoning since his lasers knockdown meaning I have to respect him. Air Lasers or MB Lasers in general to stop me from flying. Should switch to his Blade stance and just work my way in or what? Idk what to do as Blue Beetle.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Has anyone tried to use flight cancels out of 14 string? There's good range to execute it when you have the blades out.

Blades out: 14, db2~dd, j1, 111...
I think you are referring to 13 ...And the most I can personally do is two reps of that in the corner. I dont have the dex to see how far it can go lol

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"

I worked this out of a flight cancel... I'd like to find an ending that doesn't make me switch sides though...
Blade barrage doesn't connect.. I may need to try and take another micro step, but I'm not sure.

Anybody got any ideas?

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P

I worked this out of a flight cancel... I'd like to find an ending that doesn't make me switch sides though...
Blade barrage doesn't connect.. I may need to try and take another micro step, but I'm not sure.

Anybody got any ideas?
Can't remember off the top of my head, but can you do his string that ends into a mid attack grab animation

I'm trying to learn Blue Beetle but I'm kinda confused on how I'm supposed to play him. His normals dont have great reach and its pretty hard to open people up. I'm assuming I should be using my flight more but I'm not sure how. I've mostly just been zoning and using my flight to escape. Is their any good blue beetle gameplay I can look at to reference?

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
I'm trying to learn Blue Beetle but I'm kinda confused on how I'm supposed to play him. His normals dont have great reach and its pretty hard to open people up. I'm assuming I should be using my flight more but I'm not sure how. I've mostly just been zoning and using my flight to escape. Is their any good blue beetle gameplay I can look at to reference?
I can't offer any videos right now. But Chris G is maining him. Maybe check out his stream.

Espio

Kokomo
He is more or less a jack of all trades type of character. You can use flight for pressure and runaway with cross ups. You pretty much adapt his playstyle to who you're fighting. You can poke people to death up close with safe chip and similarly full screen. I have my first serious set I'm posting today, but it's nothing godlike, just some stuff to think about. Also, Forward 2 is your ranged mid you can use and cancel into bash or stagger safely. Back 1 and 3 are good for closer quarters.

Last edited: