What's new

Blue Beetle General Discussion Thread

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
33 isn't great, but b13 sucks. It is completely useless as far as I can tell.
Back 1 by itself is a good mid if it hasn't changed from beta. Minus 1 and canceling it into shield bash gives it notably larger pushback. It was minus 1 then too. I liked using it for stagger pressure after conditioning(also the restand). It also had the range to check people whiffing. I'm curious if it is the same.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Back 1 by itself is a good mid if it hasn't changed from beta. Minus 1 and canceling it into shield bash gives it notably larger pushback. It was minus 1 then too. I liked using it for stagger pressure after conditioning(also the restand). It also had the range to check people whiffing. I'm curious if it is the same.
Agreed, but I said b13, so sad. I had hopes for getting b13db/df1 to end combos with great damage and free trait, oh well.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Agreed, but I said b13, so sad. I had hopes for getting b13db/df1 to end combos with great damage and free trait, oh well.
I understand that, it's why I made the distinction. You may get your wish yet? I'm very curious what if anything will change day one once it's all official/live.

Is he fun for you for the most part despite the things you don't like? I had a lot of fun with him in my brief time pre-release.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I understand that, it's why I made the distinction. You may get your wish yet? I'm very curious what if anything will change day one once it's all official/live.

Is he fun for you for the most part despite the things you don't like? I had a lot of fun with him in my brief time pre-release.
Oh yea he's wicked fun! I'm just labbing and his combos are a bit short and/or meter intensive still. I'm not sure how he's gonna fair against human opponents yet, but it seems he has tools at every space, decent enough damage for a zoner and I don't care that his mixups are unsafe. His zoning is fun, his mobility is incredible and his footsies are good even without trait. I'm just trying to learn how to turn every situation into a db1 or df1 ender so I can switch trait all day to keep the pace at my choosing.

Feel free to hit me up tomorrow with questions folks, I got a lot of time to lab in the morning and afternoon. I'll try a few ranked matches with BB and report back.

HaZed

Noob
Maybe I am just bad but in beta it was super easy to float like 3-4 times but I can't get it more than once now. Did they change his float mechanic?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm actually curious who will be better between BB or Cyborg, both seem similar yet definitely some differences. Cyborg may be better but I think BB will be more rewarding to win/play with.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
I'm actually curious who will be better between BB or Cyborg, both seem similar yet definitely some differences. Cyborg may be better but I think BB will be more rewarding to win/play with.
Granted it's still too early to tell but from what I gathered, Cyborg looks to be the same as his 1st game counterpart so ppl are already dismissing him =[

MKF30

Granted it's still too early to tell but from what I gathered, Cyborg looks to be the same as his 1st game counterpart so ppl are already dismissing him =[
Touche. Yeah I've noticed that from the other day's stream lol. I have noticed he's being dismissed due to that and lots are dismissing BB because he's tougher to use, low damage output etc but I like that. Characters that get underestimated tend to take people by surprise in the right hands.

lslick

Touche. Yeah I've noticed that from the other day's stream lol. I have noticed he's being dismissed due to that and lots are dismissing BB because he's tougher to use, low damage output etc but I like that. Characters that get underestimated tend to take people by surprise in the right hands.
People tend to play to win so they go for what's more easier to get the win at the end of the day. Granted they also play who they enjoy. I'll stick to playing BB for now...Maybe pick up Cyborg to see who I will like more...The one thing that bothers me so far from my time in the lab is that he really needs two bars to get damage midscreen while others get knock ups and ground bounces cause they can meter burn a special and not rely on ff3 as their only option.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I heard BB hardly changed since beta so i'm going to just throw it out there that he will need help in additional patches if this is true.

lslick

Not too sure if it was mentioned somewhere else but I didn't see it at all but b1 restands on juggled opponents. And according to the frame data. it has an advantage of 3 so we have something

MKF30

People tend to play to win so they go for what's more easier to get the win at the end of the day. Granted they also play who they enjoy. I'll stick to playing BB for now...Maybe pick up Cyborg to see who I will like more...The one thing that bothers me so far from my time in the lab is that he really needs two bars to get damage midscreen while others get knock ups and ground bounces cause they can meter burn a special and not rely on ff3 as their only option.
That's true, but there are some players who share a different philosophy(sure tourney players with egos and money on the line will use top tiers mostly to increase their chances) but there are some players who will just use their favorite characters regardless of tier know what I mean? I like to do that I admit. In Injustice 1 I used Hawkgirl a lot(rarely if ever used, not exactly OP) in MK 9 I used Ermac, Sektor, Scorpion mids...so I'll probably follow the same mindset with I2 honestly. I will try out all or most zoning characters but the ones heavily over used by people I will stay away from. I'll probably test out not just damage output but zoning ability, if someone can zone very well to me that compensates for lack of damage plus I love to zone so I can live with it lol. If BB's damage winds up being as bad as the beta, they could buff him a little too. Cyborg looks like fun, very curious to try him out. BB looks like fun too. I will try both of them out no doubt.

lslick

That's true, but there are some players who share a different philosophy(sure tourney players with egos and money on the line will use top tiers mostly to increase their chances) but there are some players who will just use their favorite characters regardless of tier know what I mean? I like to do that I admit. In Injustice 1 I used Hawkgirl a lot(rarely if ever used, not exactly OP) in MK 9 I used Ermac, Sektor, Scorpion mids...so I'll probably follow the same mindset with I2 honestly. I will try out all or most zoning characters but the ones heavily over used by people I will stay away from. I'll probably test out not just damage output but zoning ability, if someone can zone very well to me that compensates for lack of damage plus I love to zone so I can live with it lol. If BB's damage winds up being as bad as the beta, they could buff him a little too. Cyborg looks like fun, very curious to try him out. BB looks like fun too. I will try both of them out no doubt.
Nothing wrong with that mindset....At the end of the day, you play what is most fun for you. Tiers do not matter unless you are playing at the highest level and playing for money. If you want to play whoever you like, go for it.

MKF30

Nothing wrong with that mindset....At the end of the day, you play what is most fun for you. Tiers do not matter unless you are playing at the highest level and playing for money. If you want to play whoever you like, go for it.
That's true. Though it is fun to watch someone use a lower tiered character competitively for money. Like the time we saw CDjr beat everyone with Rain in MK 9 that was fun and different. I give him props for that, not just being another KL, Kabal player you know? But thanks, I agree:)

lslick

That's true. Though it is fun to watch someone use a lower tiered character competitively for money. Like the time we saw CDjr beat everyone with Rain in MK 9 that was fun and different. I give him props for that, not just being another KL, Kabal player you know? But thanks, I agree:)
Kabal is hype though :D

MKF30

Kabal is hype though :D
Ehh lol. Dash cancels galore lol. I'd rather watch him over KL for sure lol but so many tourneys came down to those two, lol The Rain matches were a breath of fresh air to watch I won't lie lol.