What's new

Blue Beetle General Discussion Thread

Espio

Kokomo
Any thoughts on final version of BB yet?
Shield bash being totally safe is such a big deal for him. He can cancel any of his mids, including his fast standing 3 for safe block pressure and back 1 has good stagger potential with it being neutral on block, good range combined with shield bash and other options.

His strengths seem to have been kept intact while improving areas that were somewhat iffy.

2,1 blockstring has a gap, but it's plus on block and you can intermix shield bash and low stab to check people once they realize that, but I feel like people are overthinking gaps in ngeneral.

I like him so far, a lot more than I liked him in the beta and I enjoyed him there too. My only issue currently is that I'm unsure what perks blade stance offers over mace besides greater range. The lack of a projectile and shield bash becoming unsafe are insanely huge trade offs that I don't feel are worth the investment. Still just tinkering right now so we shall see down the line.

I didn't realize pretty much every string he has includes a gap
You can subvert a lot of gaps by canceling into shield bash, it does better chip and is totally safe anyway. Considering the pushback, it seems like only a handful of people will probably be able to check the range like Superman for example.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
If anyone didn't notice (or maybe it was in beta but never talked about) but he can switch stances during certain special moves. So he can start his 111 bnb in his blade stance, switch to default stance during his ex low launching special, then do his normal bnb.

I never thought I would like Blue Beetle but im starting to. Even more than Green Lantern!

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
If anyone didn't notice (or maybe it was in beta but never talked about) but he can switch stances during certain special moves. So he can start his 111 bnb in his blade stance, switch to default stance during his ex low launching special, then do his normal bnb.

I never thought I would like Blue Beetle but im starting to. Even more than Green Lantern!
I do remember someone mentioning how you can keep the trait on if you do his two special moves at certain times but regardless, i think it's still a good thing to have...Especially if you're trying to whiff punish

Jaku2011

Filled with determination

I've been doing 111,df1mb4,f23,f23,hcf3 as my bnb at the end you can choose whatever stance is best for the situation. Not sure if there's anything better.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Hey all, so I'm trying to end combos in low stab (df1) so i get a trait switch and it seems to drop if there's been any juggle involved what so ever. Anyone else having this trouble? or have combos that end in high stab (db1) so that isn't an issue?

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"
I like what I am hearing/ seeing so far from Mr. Reyes. Just a few more hours and I will finally get to play him for myself.

(posting here to stay updated)

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
Random question...How do I get one of those badges under my avatar that says who I main? I see a lot of posters who have them...

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Random question...How do I get one of those badges under my avatar that says who I main? I see a lot of posters who have them...
Under your avatar pic in the front page you have to find a little spot where you link them

P.D: We need to work on BB, he is the true underlooked character on Inj2. He has a lot of potential and can perform as a zoner, a high mobility char and a footsie one with the blades. Let´s go¡¡

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"
I did some lab work last night with Beetle. I haven't seen anyone here post anything with his bounce cancels yet, but to be fair, I haven't looked that hard... Here is a BnB that costs two bars but gets you upwards of 400 dmg if I remember correctly.

111, bbMB, fj2, 111, bf3 - I forget if 111 is safe on block or not but I am pretty sure that 11 is -2 or maybe +2?? anyways, this is an easy hit confirm into a bounce cancel. leads to solid dmg if I remember correctly. You can also bounce cancel out of his b2 which is overhead. though I do believe that is unsafe..

I am currently uploading the overhead starter (b2) version of this on YT. Hopefully the quality is not super shitty. I haven't set my capture card back up yet and just recorded it on my phone.

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
I feel like I throw a lot with this character and that's mainly because he has some pretty decent stagger frames off 1,1 + Back 1 + 2,1 and some others. I feel like the beta kind of scared people away, which is a bit of a shame because his design makes sense post launch. I'm gonna start posting gameplay footage soon when I get games in today with people.

Anybody got some bnbs?
As far as I'm aware, these all still work for him.

I've just been using various strings into low stab like Back 2, low stab, 1,1,1 shield bash, which nets a modest amount of damage which I'm guessing is on average of about 30-35% depending on starter. Bounce cancels combos from the beta are still a thing that do pretty immense damage like 111, bounce cancel into back 3, jump 1, 111 does roughly 460.00 damage.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Just messed around with him for the first time since the beta. Shield bash being safe is amazing, his d1 is now really good, s3 is good now that shield bash is safe, and he seems to do a little bit more damage. He's pretty good this time around.

HaZed

Noob
Just wanted to point out that Bounce Cancels cost 2 bars of meter, not one. As shown earlier by @Vigilante24 I think his best bnb with 1 meter is either 111 starter or b2 starter into df1 mb 3bf2 f23 bf3 obviously you have to be in projectile stance.

HaZed

Noob
Sorry for double post, but I still cant get more than one flight cancel am I doing something wrong? I swear you could do it like 4 times in beta before landing.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I feel like I throw a lot with this character and that's mainly because he has some pretty decent stagger frames off 1,1 + Back 1 + 2,1 and some others. I feel like the beta kind of scared people away, which is a bit of a shame because his design makes sense post launch. I'm gonna start posting gameplay footage soon when I get games in today with people.

As far as I'm aware, these all still work for him.

I've just been using various strings into low stab like Back 2, low stab, 1,1,1 shield bash, which nets a modest amount of damage which I'm guessing is on average of about 30-35% depending on starter. Bounce cancels combos from the beta are still a thing that do pretty immense damage like 111, bounce cancel into back 3, jump 1, 111 does roughly 460.00 damage.
What actually changed about him? I never received a beta code sadly but I remember a lot of people sayin he was bad...but now that I've tried him he seems quite solid.

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"
Just wanted to point out that Bounce Cancels cost 2 bars of meter, not one. As shown earlier by @Vigilante24 I think his best bnb with 1 meter is either 111 starter or b2 starter into df1 mb 3bf2 f23 bf3 obviously you have to be in projectile stance.
Yeah I fixed it in my post, sorry about that guys. I am still pretty new to Inj

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
I've been ending most of my combos in f2 ... 1,3,2,Throw ... or 2,1,Throw for the hard knockdown and close proximity. Especially against deadshot or fate because either version of bf3 sends them full screen. Sacrificing damage for pressure. Not sure if this is the best course of action, though.

Any use for his restand?

Bird Up!

Noob
Sorry for double post, but I still cant get more than one flight cancel am I doing something wrong? I swear you could do it like 4 times in beta before landing.
It's definitely possible, I've done 3-4 without touching the ground but I'm also having a hard time getting them to come out consistently after the first one.

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"
Same here when I tried yesterday... I play on a hitbox, and I felt like I got the best results when I was pressing the buttons in rapid succession..

I will do some more testing when I get home though