What's new

Blue Beetle General Discussion Thread

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I worked on it in mace stance last night.

I had to step forward, then hold back, THEN hit the button. Lol, sometimes my hitbox controller gives me inputs way faster than the game can read them...

But hopefully your advice helps others too
I play on stick and that's pretty much what i do too, there's a big enough window that you can see beetle take a step, then go to neutral for a few frames then hit the b3. You'll totally get it with some practice.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Something about his design and stance just annoys me.
Kind of why I don't play him but I want to. I guess I'll just put some customs on him.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Lol, his arms look like a gorilla.. or a sheriff about to shoot someone at high noon in an old western movie

Lol
Lool. I mean his default face just looks odd to me.
And he looks like he just wants to hug his opponent all game with his arms like that.
And they said Batman had an annoying stance.

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"
Lool. I mean his default face just looks odd to me.
And he looks like he just wants to hug his opponent all game with his arms like that.
And they said Batman had an annoying stance.
Let's call him Blue Carebear :) he just wants to share his feelings and give big hugs

Espio

Kokomo
Are any other Blue Beetle mains gonna be at CEO this weekend? I'm super excited for this tourney, it's been a while since I've traveled competitively.

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"
Are any other Blue Beetle mains gonna be at CEO this weekend? I'm super excited for this tourney, it's been a while since I've traveled competitively.
I wanted to go. But I couldn't get the time off work :-/

I'll be at the next one though for sure

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
Something about his design and stance just annoys me.
Kind of why I don't play him but I want to. I guess I'll just put some customs on him.
He definitely looks much cooler once you add some gear on him. My only gripe is his win animation when he removes the helmet and shows his derpy face.

Sesal Snow

Exorcist, Demonologist and Master of the Dark Arts
How are you guys dealing with cheetah? I can't seem to beat a good player who plays her. I am really struggling to anti air her any tips guys?

Sesal Snow

She's beating me out every time. I have tried to d2 and db1 and still can't seem to anti air her.

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"
She's beating me out every time. I have tried to d2 and db1 and still can't seem to anti air her.
Do you have any game play footage??
And have you gone into training mode to practice the timings??

EDIT: I have not played many good Cheetas (if any at all) so I really would need to see what you are talking about before giving any advice :p

Sesal Snow

Do you have any game play footage??
And have you gone into training mode to practice the timings??

EDIT: I have not played many good Cheetas (if any at all) so I really would need to see what you are talking about before giving any advice :p
I can try get some footage its just the two cheetahs I play are hitting the jump ins real early and the active frames seem to be blowing me up. At the moment I am resorting to instant j1 withe blade out. If the the cheetah knows I am doing this though they can just do a close jump in to bait me out and go in from there.

I think its just going to take me a little to get the hang of her pressure Ill get there ^_^

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I suggest dash forward to go under her, and then if she starts to divekick early then you can backdash or roll or just bait it and punish. You need to practice it though, it's gotta be a bit early but not before she's actually in the air.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
In blades stance he can combo off of f2 using his d2. It doesnt get much damage but at least now he has a safe advancing mid thats also a combo starter
Could be quite useful - F2 D2 1 BF3 is [147 on Supes] but you can get more in the corner and as you say, it's the safety that matters...

Espio

Kokomo
How are you guys dealing with cheetah? I can't seem to beat a good player who plays her. I am really struggling to anti air her any tips guys?
I posted a set of the match up in the Blue Beetle match footage thread that goes over how to fight her best because it shows in match application. Everyone tries to anti-air her every time she jumps, you're not going to no matter who you play unless the Cheetah player is bad or predictable. I sometimes like to float backwards or jump back and air projectile cause it catches her out of the air, jump normals can or sometimes down 2. Sometimes just getting out of dodge will do too. The best way for me to help is for you to check out the mu footage thread, real application is better than theory.

I can try get some footage its just the two cheetahs I play are hitting the jump ins real early and the active frames seem to be blowing me up. At the moment I am resorting to instant j1 withe blade out. If the the cheetah knows I am doing this though they can just do a close jump in to bait me out and go in from there.

I think its just going to take me a little to get the hang of her pressure Ill get there ^_^
I don't think they can bait a jump 1 into damage from full screen. You can air cancel and get away just fine after jump 1.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
In blades stance he can combo off of f2 using his d2. It doesnt get much damage but at least now he has a safe advancing mid thats also a combo starter
This might actually be pretty useful.

F2 D2 appears to be a 1 frame link, but it's definitely possible to get it consistently. Unfortunately, after a MB it leaves you with a low juggle so you won't be getting any TC cannons from it.

F2 D2 F23 F2 BF3 [175]
F2 D2 F2 MBDF1 211+3 [220]

Last edited: