What's new

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Jubei, Vatista, Carmine and Hakumen are legit broken.

Vatista is a broken AF zoner. Even her normal beam absorbs anyone's super and still keep attacking.

The rest are broken in their own way.

You're not the only one who want Naoto in BBTAG. I know a few others who want him in. I'd kill for Taokaka from BBCF to complete my team (Makoto/Taokaka). lol

If GG was to be cross fated, I'd kill for Jam/Jack-O or Kum/Faust (both teams are a killing one).

Tager is the BB's Potemkin, if you didn't notice their similarities in their moves.

Bridgette? I don't know this lady, because I started the GG series from GGXrd and learning about them slowly.
Played against a couple of Vatistas and yeah, its hard to anti-zone her out but its dooable. Carmine, is NOT broken by any means because I currently play him and he has definite weaknesses. 1) Even though he deals ALOT of damage, his health is low to compensate his damage.

Haven't tried Hakumen but it seems he has his own overhead attack which is a HUGE PLUS for any character thats not the slow universal overhead attack everybody has. So It seems his mixup game is nice.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Played against a couple of Vatistas and yeah, its hard to anti-zone her out but its dooable. Carmine, is NOT broken by any means because I currently play him and he has definite weaknesses. 1) Even though he deals ALOT of damage, his health is low to compensate his damage.

Haven't tried Hakumen but it seems he has his own overhead attack which is a HUGE PLUS for any character thats not the slow universal overhead attack everybody has. So It seems his mixup game is nice.
I heard about Carmine's rare bugs under certain circumstances. We'll see about this later.

I heard that Hakumen has a glitch that isn't tourney worthy. Hakumen can pass through Vatista's beams. Dude said that this might be due of Hakumen's invulnerability against certain beam zoning characters, but we'll see if it's Hakumen specific or Vatista specific. If it's Hakumen specific, then he has Tao treatment, which means that with her own 214214C can command grab and punish even those with super inputs in BBCF.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Well, to find such setups, okis, meaties, and such is like finding an infinite number of possibilities. This is what I found out playing anime FGs. It's not like MK series that have limited number of combos and a few setups. I happened to play all 4 chars, because my buddies introduced the GGXrd to me, and I still remember how to play them. My playstyle is mostly of the CQC with some setups, like Jack-O's, to keep pressuring. Those 4 did surprisingly fit me at that time.

This is why I main Makoto and Yang in BBTAG. I heard that Taokaka is the hardest, because of execution, but I dunno. She just fits me well.

Edit: Forgot to add that some stuff are trickier, but way risky, if someone figures out your gameplay.
Fair enough.

I'm hoping to get a couple teams sorted out today.

Kinda torn.. Blake is who I've been the most interested in, but dunno if I want to pair her with Es or Vatista. Hell, i may just play her with both, swapping according to mood. I want to do something with Carmine as well. Maybe Blake/Es and Carmine/Vatista.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I heard about Carmine's rare bugs under certain circumstances. We'll see about this later.

I heard that Hakumen has a glitch that isn't tourney worthy. Hakumen can pass through Vatista's beams. Dude said that this might be due of Hakumen's invulnerability against certain beam zoning characters, but we'll see if it's Hakumen specific or Vatista specific. If it's Hakumen specific, then he has Tao treatment, which means that with her own 214214C can command grab and punish even those with super inputs in BBCF.
OOOO i need to find out these bugs. Im still green in this game.....literally actually. I just became a green square :)

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Good luck finding these bugs, because they were shown in Twitter.

@EntropicByDesign , good luck forming your perfect team.
Its more fun finding them in mid match :)

BTW what everybody's team they're rocking with right now?

I always happen to choose the team i have not seen anybody use yet.

Platinum & Carmine. Weird as fuck duo, but they do have some synergy

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Fair enough.

I'm hoping to get a couple teams sorted out today.

Kinda torn.. Blake is who I've been the most interested in, but dunno if I want to pair her with Es or Vatista. Hell, i may just play her with both, swapping according to mood. I want to do something with Carmine as well. Maybe Blake/Es and Carmine/Vatista.
I wouldn't run Blake/Vatista. I think you'll run into the problem I'm seeing now, where my team has low health in general. So if my point needs a breather, she doesn't get much time because after a combo the new point is almost dead too.

Probably dropping Yukiko for that reason. I'll keep her in my pocket, but I need somebody stronger in the corner and can help Noel in the neutral as well. Think I'll run Noel/Linne

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I wouldn't run Blake/Vatista. I think you'll run into the problem I'm seeing now, where my team has low health in general. So if my point needs a breather, she doesn't get much time because after a combo the new point is almost dead too.

Probably dropping Yukiko for that reason. I'll keep her in my pocket, but I need somebody stronger in the corner and can help Noel in the neutral as well. Think I'll run Noel/Linne
Noel/Linne? Interesting. I wanna see you play this duo and see how do they fare.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Noel/Linne? Interesting. I wanna see you play this duo and see how do they fare.
My final team will be Noel/Yuzuriha (BB main with UNIST co-main) but here's what I'm thinking from what I labbed briefly last night:

The way my current team works, the Yukiko heal allows me to set the neutral to what I want. You can't sit fullscreen, because it's projectile immune and I'll just never lose health. If I see you move, I can fake throw out the heal and use the fire bird to blow your ass up. Or, now forced to come in, I can use Noel's i-frames to make a read and punish, as opposed to being the one going in myself. The problem is, when I get in the corner, neither has a normal with good start-up and the Yukiko assist doesn't come out fast enough for me to use it.

So with Linne, I can sort of get the same effect. Her assists, while not giving me a fullscreen shield, allow me to check you in the mid due to the range on them. So I can still send Noel in on my terms, I just can't do it at full-health. Projectiles don't matter, because I can still i-frame through them. But the new benefit is if Noel is in a bad spot (ie, the corner) I can just swap out Linne who has an invincible roll on top of fast, short ranged normals. And if Noel needs a breather, Linne can survive longer on her own. I'll be using her in the same role I'm using Yuzu, so it won't be that drastic a change when I make the final swap

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Aegis/Tager baby!

Game is super fun, has the aspect of simplicity that DBFZ has but there's way more character variety

Characters I've played the most so far are:

Yukiko Amagi: She's a zoner who can control a lot of angles with her fans. She has a really cool move where she explodes a ring of fire at different parts of the screen and if she hold the button down she can delay it. She also has this fire pillar move. All of the Persona characters in general are cool with the Jojo Stands. The thing that really makes her cool to me is that her DP heals her health and she can buff herself to increase the damage of her fire attacks. She can buff herself up to 9 levels and it gives her a huge boost on the higher end. One of her assists is her healing move so she's got a cool meta there.

Aegis: She reminds me of Tekken's Alisa, which is a good thing. She just got added but I've really been enjoying her. She's got some nice zoning options with her 5B/2B, mini guns and her cannon. The cannon is neat because you can choose when to explode your shot and create a momentary trap. On top of some other moves she has this unique mechanic where she can cancel moves into "Destruction Mode" which is basically like this super low air dash that she can cancel into jump normals. She can also just do it in neutral. She has a meter for that recharges automatically and when you cancel a normal/special with it costs two bars of her unique meter. So she has this unique resource that allows her to get sick mixups and pressure as well as more combo ability such as her being able to full combo off of her sweep without normal meter or an assist. So she's got some zoning but has some good mobility and mixups. She's a fun character and I really enjoy the Persona character's animations in general. Very cool.

Iron Tager: Holy shit Iron Tager is a god damn boss! Dude has no dash, no run, no double jump, he's slow as hell... He's like, "What's anime? This is WWF No Mercy! Get command thrown!" With 6 throws, 2 air throws and two armored normals he's BBTag's premiere grappler. He's got a nice quick command throw for up close and on oki, but then he has an EX version of it that sucks the opponent in a bit, making it effectively have more range, it's almost like a kara throw in SF. He also has wedge catapult which sucks opponents in from some nice distance, has armor and you can get full combos off of it. He also a nice air throw, and then an air throw like wedge catapult that sucks airborne opponents in for a full combo. Almost all of his grabs and big combos can be ended in Gadget Finger where he restands you for more fun. He also has some cool moves that are projectile immune and this very useful Meter-only projectile that grants a combo as well. He's super badass and he's been the stand out character of the game for me.

Both my main teams had Tager in the back in Yukiko/Tager and Aegis/Tager and I've enjoyed both of them. I often find zoners and grapplers to be fun but they don't seem to hold my attention for too long, but being able to play both of them at once essentially is really awesome. Overall I've been really enjoying this game.
We need to play!!!!

methademic

UPR Methademic

Gimme them free wins

Sazbak

Noob
I'm still just doing training mode stuff and haven't gone online but I saw my friend playing Yang he said that pushblock in this game is just degenerate. It's really easy to build meter and for one bar you can push your rushddown based opponent far away to continue your zoning. Not only that but unlike in Injustice 2 pushblock doesn't simply reset the neutral. Any action you have inputted will come out so if you were about to do a big startup move you will be at disadvantage and the defender might even whiff punish you.

I'm especially interested in this since I decided to pair my Yang with Hyde but a guy said that Hyde is not that good since even though his offense is good because of chip damage and reverse beat, pushblock ruins his offense as well.

tldr; Is pushblock balanced in this game?