What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

zoofs

bless
Sometimes it's even better. Like the f3 vortex thread. B2trait 22B1 j.2 11MB black magic F3 gives around 47% iirc and sets up from a hard knockdown. I've broken 50% with 1 meter on b2 trait. The tradeoff is it's tougher to confirm than pressuring with B23.
yeah thats the one problem i have, its tough to confirm the hit, i think ill stick with b23 as pressure and use b2 trait as more of a punish?

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
yeah thats the one problem i have, its tough to confirm the hit, i think ill stick with b23 as pressure and use b2 trait as more of a punish?
I'm still trying to optimize myself. For b2 trait to full combo, I usually don't try go for it unless I confirm a
J.2 or guaranteed punish. Since people are getting better at blocking BA and respecting B23, I've been using a lot of B2 trait grab or B2 trait MB lightning.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
Here's me staying positive about BA:
I've been pretty salty about all the patches and nerf rumors. Not so much about BA being weaker, but since he's the character I click with most, I've been afraid nerfs would make him boring. I love the fake crossups and trait cancels and wouldn't want to play injustice any other way. But something happened to give me hope.

I've been hooking my setup to surround sound due to ordering a vewlix knockoff for my ps3 (which is awesome btw with 0 lag monitor, light up marquee, and the table in front perfectly fits two TE sticks). The sound is all compressed and warbly since I haven't fixed the settings and the voices cut out. Because of this, whenever I get a win, BA steps on the opponent's chest and says 'This will always be a world of dic." It's like he knows how he plays. Never going to change mains now.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Here's me staying positive about BA:
I've been pretty salty about all the patches and nerf rumors. Not so much about BA being weaker, but since he's the character I click with most, I've been afraid nerfs would make him boring. I love the fake crossups and trait cancels and wouldn't want to play injustice any other way. But something happened to give me hope.

I've been hooking my setup to surround sound due to ordering a vewlix knockoff for my ps3 (which is awesome btw with 0 lag monitor, light up marquee, and the table in front perfectly fits two TE sticks). The sound is all compressed and warbly since I haven't fixed the settings and the voices cut out. Because of this, whenever I get a win, BA steps on the opponent's chest and says 'This will always be a world of dic." It's like he knows how he plays. Never going to change mains now.
Beautiful. Just beautiful.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Messing with him now post patch. I'm fine with everything they did except his backdash. Man it straight up sucks now. The dmg and orbs aren't bad at all though, and the b3 of a mb bm is pretty good.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Messing with him now post patch. I'm fine with everything they did except his backdash. Man it straight up sucks now. The dmg and orbs aren't bad at all though, and the b3 of a mb bm is pretty good.
Welcome to the real world Black Adam, his back dash was the only thing I had a problem with lol. well and the dumb properties of lightning, but the BDash was the worst. SUCK IT BA!!! lol

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Also one really good "buff" is after the splat air drop (2 after b23) you can now actually move quicker after the hard knockdown, which will make this much more useful.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Everything they did to him seems like it was made to play him less lame. His forward dash is still good.
watching Chris G run from BiPolar with him, and how easy it was, just made me cringe. I still think he will be a great character, just hopefully will be more exciting to watch matches he is involved in now.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Honestly though. I think something that defined BA was his lightning fast backdash. He was the star of backdashes. The Patrick Star.

Anyone ever mess with standing 3 to negate wake ups? Tested it against Superman and both low scoop and air grab whiffed after doing the corner 13, Dash in, 3.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Messing around with the "Sky Splat" (2 in air after b23) and came up with this. Basically if you dash forward immediately you will cross them up with a nj, if you wait a split second you won't but it looks like you will. Unfortunately this does not work after the splat in his big combos, but more off a raw b23, however you can create the good old cross over or will he oki after the splat since you can now move much quicker after the 2 and its a hard knockdown. I'm not normally a tech guy but thought this was interesting and might be useful. Here's a vid of it:

In the second clip you'll see the dash does not cross up in combo's due to the spacing thats why i tea bagged. What do you guys think, any good?

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
So is b23 u2 the default ender now instead of b23 u 1+3? I don't now why they would reward for less execution...

EDIT: I swear I used to be able to stuff Raven's wake up attacks with lightning hands before the patch after landing B23 u 1+3, but now I can't... :/
Technically the U2 is more execution heavy since the decision is whether to use u13 for damage or u2 for better knockdown and follow up. Trying my best to find some oki or anything off of it. U13 might be the best decision more often than not

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Technically the U2 is more execution heavy since the decision is whether to use u13 for damage or u2 for better knockdown and follow up. Trying my best to find some oki or anything off of it. U13 might be the best decision more often than not
execution heavy means difficult to execute physically.

MB F3 after B23 U2 annihilates the vast majority of wakeup attacks in game. Deathstroke can't do anything after landed B23 U2 except backdash, push block or Super.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I've been using U2 ender + Oki pretty much always now unless I want straight up damage (13) or space (1).

That's a big deal. Able to work around it? Where's vulcanhades when you need him?
Well the way I see it the b232 ender pretty much gives you access to a similar vortex except it's free. Before you had to use meter for MB black magic and then another meter for MB dive kick. But now you can just do b232 and mixup close MB dive kick with j2 cross-up or double cross-up. It's not as great as the F3 vortex because you can't do the front+cross-up or the fake cross-up (I think) but it's still good for a meterless setup.

rurounikenshin

biggest cyborg upplayer
Guys, I dont know if this may be useful or if you know it, but the lighting bombs can OTG after certain hard knockdowns like D3. Lab it up, it may be of some use.