What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Hi guys,
I'm a little noob for now, so, as a Black Adam player, how can I AA consistently?
I lose everytime I found an hopping mad player! :(

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Hi guys,
I'm a little noob for now, so, as a Black Adam player, how can I AA consistently?
Honestly you are going to find the most success just jumping up with them and hitting them with jumping 1, but d2 and standing 2 work fairly well.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Hi guys,
I have the same problem with airborne opponents, its a problem with BA, his d2 isnt that good for anti air even though it looks perfect.

I usually will Backdash and you get a free b2 on their landing most of the time, and if they block it you get free pressure and you can hitconfirm in to nice damage.

Go into training and you can set the dummy to jump forwards and backwards, use that to just practice back/forward dashing away from them in the air to get into position and b2 their landing.

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
Right now a lot of players mis-aim their jump against BA because of his fast walkspeed, so just holding back can work wonders. Once people start learning how to play against him air to airs and good dashing will become more important. j1 looks shitty but it's very fast and has a lot of active frames, so I've been trying to use that instead of j2.

STB CharlieMurphy: BA players lose for the same reason Superman, Aquaman and Doomsday players lose: They get outplayed :V

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Right now a lot of players mis-aim their jump against BA because of his fast walkspeed, so just holding back can work wonders. Once people start learning how to play against him air to airs and good dashing will become more important. j1 looks shitty but it's very fast and has a lot of active frames, so I've been trying to use that instead of j2.

STB CharlieMurphy: BA players lose the same reason Superman, Aquaman and Doomsday players lose: They get outplayed :V
Well BA MB cage does wonder when Doomsdey is in his trait is it traps him and makes his trait wear out

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
I.. only brought up DD and Supes as examples of other characters with really strong fundamentals lol. But while we're on that topic, I believe divekick is also safe if it hits DD with trait on, and at the right ranges he has to guess that you're going to do it. Between trying to read that and lightning, DD has to be a lot smarter with trait than against the average character from my exp.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Honestly you are going to find the most success just jumping up with them and hitting them with jumping 1, but d2 and standing 2 work fairly well.
I have the same problem with airborne opponents, its a problem with BA, his d2 isnt that good for anti air even though it looks perfect.

I usually will Backdash and you get a free b2 on their landing most of the time, and if they block it you get free pressure and you can hitconfirm in to nice damage.

Go into training and you can set the dummy to jump forwards and backwards, use that to just practice back/forward dashing away from them in the air to get into position and b2 their landing.
Thank guys.
Generally, I use to backdash and use b2, as you say, but there's something in air pressure that stress me till I mistake!
A to A option are worth the try? Because I generally lose in A to A.
Best option is j1, j2 or j3?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Thank guys.
Generally, I use to backdash and use b2, as you say, but there's something in air pressure that stress me till I mistake!
A to A option are worth the try? Because I generally lose in A to A.
Best option is j1, j2 or j3?
JI1 is good if you are doing it early or like, jumping to catch their jump. If you jump up or back and they try to go to the air to intercept you, 2 and 3 extend further forward than JI1 , but generally stay out of the air in neutral game unless you want a divekick, Black adams air control is bad.

Ok this kinda sucks but B1 xx Black Magic is really unreliable for punishing or comboing purposes.

Not only is it glitched sometimes (when counter hitting the startup or recovery of a move), it's actually character specific. B1 xx Black Magic is a combo on Killer Frost but not on Catwoman.

And even though it works on Killer Frost. J2, b1 xx black magic doesn't even combo. BUT if you use 11 xx trait before b1 then it combos half of the time lol. It's fucking stupid I hope it's a bug and they fix it.

This sucks because I often like using B1 for punishing when B2 is too slow. It's the second fastest normal with the most range and it's glitched.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Ok this kinda sucks but B1 xx Black Magic is really unreliable for punishing or comboing purposes.

Not only is it glitched sometimes (when counter hitting the startup or recovery of a move), it's actually character specific. B1 xx Black Magic is a combo on Killer Frost but not on Catwoman.

And even though it works on Killer Frost. J2, b1 xx black magic doesn't even combo. BUT if you use 11 xx trait before b1 then it combos half of the time lol. It's fucking stupid I hope it's a bug and they fix it.

This sucks because I often like using B1 for punishing when B2 is too slow. It's the second fastest normal with the most range and it's glitched.
Yeah I posted about this before. B1 ~ black magic doesn't work on catwoman or green arrow. All I tested was if they were standing... so there could be other ways to make it uncombo. (If a char. is crouching etc etc.)

Also, CD Jr says BlAdam isn't top 5. Claims he's unsafe on a lot of things.
Tweet: https://twitter.com/MK_CDjr/status/333621663138738179

Thoughts?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

F2 has pretty decent range and it's just as fast. Maybe that will work?

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I truly hope someone wins by just dive kicking and running away.

its possible and should be done.
Oh I've done that, multiple time. I take full advantage of all of Black Adam's tools and if somebody doesn't like it that's their problem lol. I was playing some scrub by the name of "thezombie1000". All this newb did was pick the Flash, jump toward me and mash on 1 and 2, like, literally. So all I did was jump back and do Far Boot Stomp. Worked wonders, it's a pretty effective Scrub Destroyer imo. Of course I got hate mail from the guy after, which I promptly laughed off.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah I posted about this before. B1 ~ black magic doesn't work on catwoman or green arrow. All I tested was if they were standing... so there could be other ways to make it uncombo. (If a char. is crouching etc etc.)

Also, CD Jr says BlAdam isn't top 5. Claims he's unsafe on a lot of things.
Tweet: https://twitter.com/MK_CDjr/status/333621663138738179

Thoughts?
CDJR is also the one who wrote in the prima guide that black adam can punish all projectiles by whiffing divekicks and punishing on reaction.

F2 has pretty decent range and it's just as fast. Maybe that will work?
I guess but that's only what, like 15%? 23% if you MB df1.

B1 xx black magic can lead to 30-40% and has the advantage of keeping the opponent standing. So I would also use it to switch sides. For example: j2, 11 xx trait, b1 xx black magic fj2 (cross-up) etc.

Oh well, I just hope they fix B1.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I guess but that's only what, like 15%? 23% if you MB df1.

B1 xx black magic can lead to 30-40% and has the advantage of keeping the opponent standing. So I would also use it to switch sides. For example: j2, 11 xx trait, b1 xx black magic fj2 (cross-up) etc.

Oh well, I just hope they fix B1.
Oh wait I was misunderstanding. I wasn't aware you were talking about using it mid combo. Yeah f2 wouldn't be the best option there then.

Well I was talking about B1 in general. :p For punishing and for mid combo purposes.

btw I found some good F2 punish combos that I posted in the combo thread:

-F2, D2 xx T, B2, B23,u1+3 (31%)
-F2, D2 xx T, B2 xx Black Magic, dash, B23,u1+3 (32%)

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Well I was talking about B1 in general. :p For punishing and for mid combo purposes.

btw I found some good F2 punish combos that I posted in the combo thread:

-F2, D2 xx T, B2, B23,u1+3 (31%)
-F2, D2 xx T, B2, 22b1 xx Black Magic, Lightning Strike (30%)
Good find man! I wasn't aware it was possible to combo after f2. I'm hoping I can work it into mid range game.

I just found:

F2, 11 xx T, b23, u1+3 (36%)

and if you don't want to use trait: f2, 11 xx black magic, dash, b23, u1+3 (28%)

Edit: uggh.. the f2, 11 might be character specific :( I was practicing originally against WW, and it worked fine. I just thought to try it against Catwoman and I can't get it once. Hopefully it works against everyone except for Catwoman and g.arrow again? I'll test and update :\

I lied, it does work on cat woman :DDD We're back in business boys.