What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Joker, Adams frames are REALLY good, but the pushback his strings cause make it very hard to follow them up with anything but a d1 without getting poked.

I agree with Vulcan tho, 22 is useless unless it's off a jump in. Its my go to combo starter 22~trait 22~db3(m) etc etc.

B2 is great for catching people off guard. Just gotta make sure it's going to hit.

I still have an insanely hard time against Batman, but at this point I think that is a me thing more specifically than a Black Adam thing. I just feel like good Batman's can just jump cross up all day long. They have MK movement in Injustice lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Joker, Adams frames are REALLY good, but the pushback his strings cause make it very hard to follow them up with anything but a d1 without getting poked.

I agree with Vulcan tho, 22 is useless unless it's off a jump in. Its my go to combo starter 22~trait 22~db3(m) etc etc.

B2 is great for catching people off guard. Just gotta make sure it's going to hit.

I still have an insanely hard time against Batman, but at this point I think that is a me thing more specifically than a Black Adam thing. I just feel like good Batman's can just jump cross up all day long. They have MK movement in Injustice lol
I'm starting to realize he has way more frame traps than I originally thought man. I'm going to have to mess around in the lab and see what all strings I can do after one another. I am pretty sure that 13 will be very useful. It says that it's +5 on block and it causes a stagger and with the amount of pushback it has allows for a b2 follow up. I've been messing around with b23 into b1 then 22 follow up and that seems to work pretty well. I think I'm just going to have to tinker around a bit to get the right pressure going. People have been getting mad at me about using b2 so much lol, but I mean come on it's so good. :p lol

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I'm starting to realize he has way more frame traps than I originally thought man. I'm going to have to mess around in the lab and see what all strings I can do after one another. I am pretty sure that 13 will be very useful. It says that it's +5 on block and it causes a stagger and with the amount of pushback it has allows for a b2 follow up. I've been messing around with b23 into b1 then 22 follow up and that seems to work pretty well. I think I'm just going to have to tinker around a bit to get the right pressure going. People have been getting mad at me about using b2 so much lol, but I mean come on it's so good. :p lol
13 is good. Use it on a knockdown. You can actually get a free b2 from it. If people don;t know how to get out of d1 22 B2 pressure, it's their fault not our fellow Black Adam users.

People really need to start utilizing pushblock more. A lot of people are still going for the YOLO armored launchers to get out when they can get out guaranteed with pushblocking.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Yeah I didn't want to say it was free, but it's pretty free. It causes so much pushback lol.
Seriously tho, on opponents wakeup try doing 13 (the 1 will whiff as it's supposed to) and that 3 is meaty as hell. If it hits they get knocked almost full screen and you get to check them with a bolt or a dive kick, if they block it, B2 shenanigans :)

Been trying to forget about the negatives and focus on the positives...I am just so scared of using a bad character like in MK9 lol

BA can be an annoying prick when played right. Fits his character well lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Seriously tho, on opponents wakeup try doing 13 (the 1 will whiff as it's supposed to) and that 3 is meaty as hell. If it hits they get knocked almost full screen and you get to check them with a bolt or a dive kick, if they block it, B2 shenanigans :)

Been trying to forget about the negatives and focus on the positives...I am just so scared of using a bad character like in MK9 lol

BA can be an annoying prick when played right. Fits his character well lol
Just from character design alone I think it's going to be really hard for him to ever get outside of the top 10 characters in the game imo. Idk really where he stands now and don't really care, but strictly from looking at his design and the tools he was given he has all the weapons of a top character.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
So guys i was messing around and found something that might be quite useful. People are complaining about the strict timing of 11 after b23. Well it seems that d1 into the combo (black magic, b23 1+3) does the exact same damage (31%) and is super easy to hit compared to 11. Idk why this does the same damage but it does. So that makes his b23 combos easier.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
So guys i was messing around and found something that might be quite useful. People are complaining about the strict timing of 11 after b23. Well it seems that d1 into the combo (black magic, b23 1+3) does the exact same damage (31%) and is super easy to hit compared to 11. Idk why this does the same damage but it does. So that makes his b23 combos easier.
Definitely good info. Hitting the 11 online is a pain in the ass sometimes.

Dude that's sick! Landing 11 is hella strict...to me at least lol.
This will def help a lot

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Definitely good info. Hitting the 11 online is a pain in the ass sometimes.
I'm thinking that I'm just not going to play Black Adam online due to a lot of his stuff requiring a bit of execution and frame tight stuff. Going to start messing with Aquaman and Bane a little bit more.

I just triple/quadra tap 1. Seems to work ok but I still need to practice it to land it at least 75%. Right now I drop it like half the time online and I get punished with a full combo. :/

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I'm thinking that I'm just not going to play Black Adam online due to a lot of his stuff requiring a bit of execution and frame tight stuff. Going to start messing with Aquaman and Bane a little bit more.
Look at you playing the same characters as me. Minus bane, he ass.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
crossup 3 to divekick is godlike in the corner

if crossup hits them= free damage to d1 lightning, will test more combos later

if crossup doesnt hit them= youre out of the corner anyways

also i really fucking hate it when people dunno frame data and acicdentaly beat my D1 with theirs after b23, really fucking hate it

Dpayne82

Noob
crossup 3 to divekick is godlike in the corner

if crossup hits them= free damage to d1 lightning, will test more combos later

if crossup doesnt hit them= youre out of the corner anyways

also i really fucking hate it when people dunno frame data and acicdentaly beat my D1 with theirs after b23, really fucking hate it
Actually there are some solid combos off of that cross up if it hits them in the combo thread (toots own horn). But yeah if you have trait you can easily get 48% of that and keep put them back into the corner for a solid mix up after that. The J3 to divekick is really such an amazing versatile tool in Black Adam's arsenal.

lol I don't know about that. He's definitely a good character but he has his fair share of bad matchups and doesn't really dominate that many characters.

Too early to say really. I personally think he will end up in upper tier in the end but not close to Lao/Kabal tier.

Dpayne82

Noob
lol I don't know about that. He's definitely a good character but he has his fair share of bad matchups and doesn't really dominate that many characters.

Too early to say really. I personally think he will end up in upper tier in the end but not close to Lao/Kabal tier.
I agree. I definitely think Black Adam is solid A tier, and while not the best he will definitely be competitive with the S tier whoever that may end up being (I'm looking at you Batman and Aquaman). Black Adam has such an amazing and diverse tool set that he definitely will have a healthy life in the game.

VOR

Noob
his zoning is good against lot of characters. there's a few i still don't know much about. footsies and whiff punishing with several moves he seems really good at. feinting divekicks really annoys people and i'm starting to annoy people with bombs. he gets big damage with meter, but in general i think it's best to save meter for safe divekick combos.

Dpayne82

Noob
his zoning is good against lot of characters. there's a few i still don't know much about. footsies and whiff punishing with several moves he seems really good at. feinting divekicks really annoys people and i'm starting to annoy people with bombs. he gets big damage with meter, but in general i think it's best to save meter for safe divekick combos.
His whiff punishing is some of the best in the game, and he can get big damage without meter because of his trait. I do feel he has some holes in his footsies though because he lacks a solid low hitting normal (sweep isn't bad in the sense that it can set you up for a cross up against an opponent on wake up, but it's not amazing either) so his high high low poke/mix up game is pretty weak, but his left right mix up game seems to more than make up for this in many ways.

Yeah lack of low barely matters. In fact I would probably still win even if b2 wasn't an overhead and even if lightning wasn't a low. I personally get 50% of my damage from pure whiff punishing. 30% from zoning and 20% from mixups.

VOR

Noob
His zoning and whiff punishing just really go hand in hand. Seems like ton of people just get annoyed with him and starting jumping a lot. Is this happning to you guys?