What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
has anyone noticed doing the far dive kick up close at the lowest possible range will go through to the other side?
Yes I did it yesterday in some casuals and seemed to be the only one to notice it hahaha. I'm wondering if there is a way to make it cross up. Maybe on wake ups or something. I got really mad because I did it at the end of a match and my friend didn't even try to block it because he was just mashing out a wake up since he was about to die anyway haha.

Smarrgasm I agree, he may take a bit of execution but it pays off when you get it down.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Been messing with whiffing instant air divekicks to get right in front of them. Also crossover short mb divekick's into combo are great. Anytime I throw out a mine they seem to want to jump, so mine = divekick followup most of the time. He's got so much potential. I'm still dropping alot of the big damage combos online atm, but I guess it just takes practice.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Been messing with whiffing instant air divekicks to get right in front of them. Also crossover short mb divekick's into combo are great. Anytime I throw out a mine they seem to want to jump, so mine = divekick followup most of the time. He's got so much potential. I'm still dropping alot of the big damage combos online atm, but I guess it just takes practice.
My roommate finally got the point after I full combod him with dive kicks for like 5 matches to just not jump after I put the bomb out haha.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I just found our no meter 6 frame punisher. 11 Orbs-b23-112 Black Magic-Lightning Bolt (39%)

EDIT- LOL and i just made it better 43% (11 Orbs -B23- 11 Black Magic - B23 1+3) DAMMMMMMMM

This means off any move thats around -8 or more we can hit for 40% no meter which is pretty damn good. Doomsdays shoulder should be punished with this. And then its simple to add more damage by doing the b2 EX cage if you have it instead of b23. Ill get damage on it too and post both.
With EX cage this does 51% :joker: (11 Orbs - B2 Ex Cage - b3 -J2 B23 1+3)

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
So now that we have 43% meterless i think unless its to kill we dont even need meter for regular combos. We can save it for EX moves in the zoning game like Ex Black magic for full screen combos or Ex lightning for nice zoning damage. Ex Divekick to punish projectiles really hard. We can use it for armor pushblocking and whatever the hell we want cause we will have it ALL the time. Black adam is officially deemed DIRTY AS FUCK.

Malec

Noob
dose BA have any armored move to use on wakeup? i am kinda worried :/ i was also so hyped for quan chi at the beginning of mk9, he is that boss like evil wizard and sucked so hard because he had no wakeup options.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Well I haven't really been watching video because I've been playing with my offline scene practically non stop learning everything I need. However, if you just end a combo with a cancellable string (B1 2, 2 2 B1, 1 1 2 etc.) and cancel it into the bomb in the corner and then time either a b2 3, dive kick, or jump in correctly you get the unblockable setup since the trap hits low and all those moves are overheads. I'll try to get a video example up today at some point and talk about it a little. There are setups for it mid screen but they are also escapable.
Thanks. After landing the set-up, what's the best combo to use that will lead into another cancellable string?

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
dose BA have any armored move to use on wakeup? i am kinda worried :/ i was also so hyped for quan chi at the beginning of mk9, he is that boss like evil wizard and sucked so hard because he had no wakeup options.
It's the same for most of the cast. No one has any free wake-up bullshit (though, maybe corp charge counts), so people will need to learn how to block.

Well I haven't really been watching video because I've been playing with my offline scene practically non stop learning everything I need. However, if you just end a combo with a cancellable string (B1 2, 2 2 B1, 1 1 2 etc.) and cancel it into the bomb in the corner and then time either a b2 3, dive kick, or jump in correctly you get the unblockable setup since the trap hits low and all those moves are overheads. I'll try to get a video example up today at some point and talk about it a little. There are setups for it mid screen but they are also escapable.
I think it's theoretically possible to block, as the CPU with all-guard was blocking both hits even if I landed them at the same exact time, but that might just be the CPU with all-guard being a CPU with inhuman reflexes. Or maybe I'm wrong and the CPU with all-guard is just literally beyond getting hit (although that would be a really weird way to implement "all-guard", as it wouldn't allow for the testing of unblockables).

Anyways, anyone have a tip on the back-medium heavy and follow it up with, well, any of the air moves? No matter what timing I try, all that ever comes out (assuming I jump at all) is the animation for what looks like a whiffed light.

SoVi3t

Noob
Can anybody offer me some advice on the Bane matchup? How do we punish or deal with his super armor charge, aside from jumping over it? Or dropping a bomb ahead of time and just kinda waiting near it.

Also what should I be doing on wakeup to avoid getting blown up? Tried lightning cage but I just get hit out of that a lot :(

I love Black Adam a lot in this game. As a Bison main in SFIV, its nice seeing Dictator quotes and stomps during his super. I need to find better finishes for 2, 2, black magic, dash forwards, 2, 2, B+1.

SoVi3t

Noob
I need some help. What are some good pressuring techniques/setups? I usually try to zone then divekick in lol
I've been using that. His jump 2 has retarded crossup abilities. It reminds me of M Bison's jMK, except you can hit people with the tip of your toe behind them. Seriously, It's really hard to cross up and not hit this.

Sometimes I just zone them, and basically hide behind a bomb and chuck lightning at them.

He has some great overheads that start off combos too, look into those

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
NICE. Im gonna write the notations down for that right here. 22 Orbs- 22b1 - J3 Divekick - 22b1 - B23 1+3

Ty and sorry i forgot notations, I found something i thought kinda odd I did that same combo above but started with jump2, 22>db1, j2,22,(T), 22b1 and found some strange damage scaling results.

The second combo with all that shit before ends up doing 7 less damage, wtf!!!! lol

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
So after playing some matches, even though I won, I realized that I did not know how to get in. Besides Divekick (which I probably shouldn't be doing to get in) what do you guys use to get into someone's face?

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
Since my epeen is feelin good I think I'll post some black adam stuff once I finish writing my physics lab report.