What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You mean when you use the trait?
B3 after the cage and connecting 11 after B23

i play on a laggy tv at home and on a lagless monitor when i go for casuals, one of the reasons i cant play rain offline, tight combos really ruin me offline

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
In due time, I'll be keeping all my Injustice tech to myself for a while, or at least until after UFGT9.
Most egocentric scumbag post ive read in the past year or so

not revealing a combo and having the community be held back by it because you wanna use it for selfish reasons in a tournament in which you could also go 0-2 AND having the nerve to come here and declare it so you can later say "1st!!!" when its discovered/you let it loose

ppl active in a community not helping it + openly declaring they wanna hold it back for selfish reasons are simply douchebags, im with Smarrgasm on this one.

its not about the combo/tech, its about sending a message to ppl holding tech to themselves :joker:

Jumping 2 >back+1 doesn't connect on any of the girls (except Wonder Woman because shes a guy Kappa) in open space. Only connects on the girls in the corner and only when you cross up. The rest of the cast it hits fine from the front.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
B3 after the cage and connecting 11 after B23

i play on a laggy tv at home and on a lagless monitor when i go for casuals, one of the reasons i cant play rain offline, tight combos really ruin me offline
Well with the Lightning Cage into B3 you just have to recognize when Adam is fully recovered then do the b3. The 11 after b23 is the same thing excep that you have to really delay the 11 because b23 has a lot of recovery.

Malec

Noob
is his sith lord lightning hand (dont know the name/notation of that move) usefull for anything? i dont see it at all in streams or combos

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i k
Well with the Lightning Cage into B3 you just have to recognize when Adam is fully recovered then do the b3. The 11 after b23 is the same thing excep that you have to really delay the 11 because b23 has a lot of recovery.
i know what you have to do, im doing them atm.

its another thing to do on a lagless setup when youre using to doing it in lag

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
is his sith lord lightning hand (dont know the name/notation of that move) usefull for anything? i dont see it at all in streams or combos
Yes, it is safe on block and can be cancelled into. So you can use it to finish off any cancellable block string and make it safe, and if the try to hit anything after the block string they will get hit by the Lightning Storm.

Edit: I've noticed it's also not a bad AA at times.

Lightning Storm is safe on block and once you figure out its range, it is great to trap people heavily trying to rush you down in the ground. I've been using it to end combos in the corner to continue corner pressure.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Lightning Storm is safe on block and once you figure out its range, it is great to trap people heavily trying to rush you down in the ground. I've been using it to end combos in the corner to continue corner pressure.
I've been using bomb traps in the corner for unblockables. I might mess with Lightning Storm there and see how it works though. :)

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Could you give me an example of some corner bomb unblockable set ups? Also are there any recent, exemplary black Adam matches I can watch as a reference as to how he should pressure? I'm trying to use him as a more rush down-esque setup character.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
One thing I'm having trouble with is his wakeups. Like if I'm down and they try to pressure me or jump in, I try either the lightening hands move or a mb cage launcher for wakeup and get blown up almost everytime. Its gotten to where I don't even try them. I just let them start a string and try to backdash or poke out of a jumpin. Anyone else having problems w Adams wakeups?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Could you give me an example of some corner bomb unblockable set ups? Also are there any recent, exemplary black Adam matches I can watch as a reference as to how he should pressure? I'm trying to use him as a more rush down-esque setup character.
Well I haven't really been watching video because I've been playing with my offline scene practically non stop learning everything I need. However, if you just end a combo with a cancellable string (B1 2, 2 2 B1, 1 1 2 etc.) and cancel it into the bomb in the corner and then time either a b2 3, dive kick, or jump in correctly you get the unblockable setup since the trap hits low and all those moves are overheads. I'll try to get a video example up today at some point and talk about it a little. There are setups for it mid screen but they are also escapable.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
One thing I'm having trouble with is his wakeups. Like if I'm down and they try to pressure me or jump in, I try either the lightening hands move or a mb cage launcher for wakeup and get blown up almost everytime. Its gotten to where I don't even try them. I just let them start a string and try to backdash or poke out of a jumpin. Anyone else having problems w Adams wakeups?
His wakeups are pretty bad as of now. Lightning hands is the best thing ive used. I usually EX on some instances for the damage and screen push. Most knock downs turn into a backdash or just blocking the next set.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Lightning Cage has been my best wake up option so far, but Storm is pretty decent too, and I noticed you have to hit it at the right time otherwise I don't think it gets the invincibility. (not sure on that though don't quote me) Wake ups are going to be way easier to stuff in this game than they were in MK, which I think is a good thing.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
His wakeups are pretty bad as of now. Lightning hands is the best thing ive used. I usually EX on some instances for the damage and screen push. Most knock downs turn into a backdash or just blocking the next set.
I've pretty much been doing the same, lots of backdashing and blocking which sucks against my roommate's grundy haha. However every now and the I throw out a lightning cage and hit him with a pretty good sized combo.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
colt is there a reason why after the use of Black Magic Adam is no longer able to wall bounce? It just splats them down. Im guessing its because his damage off it would be really high?

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Someone may have already talked about this but im gonna bring it back up. On cross up what is the combo to do for max damage? When im doing crossups either my orbs dont connect or my lightning cage doesnt and im missing out on huge damage. What is the best thing to do to make this not happen?

11 orbs is the closest thing i get to getting it every time.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Someone may have already talked about this but im gonna bring it back up. On cross up what is the combo to do for max damage? When im doing crossups either my orbs dont connect or my lightning cage doesnt and im missing out on huge damage. What is the best thing to do to make this not happen?

11 orbs is the closest thing i get to getting it every time.
Try B2 orbs into B2 LC, it has more range.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yea the only problem with that is its not hit confirmable like a jump in 11 or 22.
You were asking for off of a jump in right? Shouldn't you use the jump in as your hit confirm? lol

Edit: Smarrgasm either way if that isn't working for you try either b1 or maybe just a full b2 3 string, then if the b23 hits you still get good damage and if it doesn't you are positive on block. :)

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
You were asking for off of a jump in right? Shouldn't you use the jump in as your hit confirm? lol

Edit: Smarrgasm either way if that isn't working for you either b1 or maybe just a full b2 3 string, then if it hits you still get good damage and if it doesn't you are positive on block. :)
Yea its hard to confirm b2 orbs off a jump in still. Gah why do all his combos have to be so strict. I love the damage as the reward though :)