What's new

Biggest Unanswered Injustice Questions, and TYM PAX Roll Call

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
Maybe this is petty, but I seem to recall them saying that characters would take aesthetic damage like they do in MK9 during fights, but I don't think I've seen evidence of this in any of the fights so far. Still happening?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Cannot buffer normals (apparently you can buffer 'reversals' though. Not sure exactly what that means yet, but I'll poke around).

Juggs Aquaman is slow, but powerful -- water sheid-looking state of his is interesting; he can take damage, but he has no hitstun. He can't move around (like Jade can with her EX glow) though. There might be more to it; the general feeling of playing the game is that there's a lot beneath the surface.

They're discouraging photos, so I took the movelists down -- again they've been really cool/helpful, and I want to be cooperative.

At one point while playing as green arrow, I hopped onto a motorcycle in the background, revved it up, and sat there.. Then waited for my opponent to move and literally ran him over. That was the "awesome wtf" moment of the day.

One thing that's particularly of note in this game is the amount of anti-air options. You have moves like catwoman's 'uppercut' where she does a handstand kick and launches, but also a lot of the special moves have directions as well -- like being able to shoot diagonally upward with Deathstroke, or the way Catwoman can strike her whip into the air, rather than just in front of her. There are also a variety of air-to-ground or air-to-air moves, like an evolution of Ermac's airblast.

Also, the fact that you can't block while dashing really forces you to focus on footsies and spacing. Definitely helps reinforce fundamentals. And the fact that a lot of characters stay in the air for extended periods of time on jumps (combined with all the AA options) forces you to pick your spots for jumping. But crossovers are very effective, so it's a nice risk/reward balance.

There are a lot of distance-covering options as well; Deathstroke has some kind of wild spinnning sword leap, catwoman has a claw dash, Bane has some kind of rush move (some of these feel like Kratos' Hermes Dash). There's a good deal of metagame built into the special moves and options for each character -- and because of that, it really takes some time to explore all of the options.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Hey FrothyOmen , you can call me free when you stop trying to crouch block my back-2's ;) Bitch

CrimsonShadow I'm not too clear on what the schedule is. Are they going to let people play again tomorrow? If so we should meet up and you can teach me (I wasn't able to play because I had other business to attend to :()

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Who's available to play as?
Everyone up through Black Adam -- so pretty much same the list of characters that's been available in the recent previews.

Some characters were easier to pick up and play (like Catwoman and WW) while others required a lot of getting used to (like Bane).

Kudos to NetherRealm studios for being friendly, patient and taking the time to explain things. Everyone seems like great people to be around.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Great work on the info Crimson. Could you try out a bunch of enhanced moves for us and let us know what they do? Most of us have a general feel for each character's special moves but aren't sure of the enhanced properties yet. Also, could you talk about how it feels to activate them? I had trouble getting them to work in the old demo build with Nightwing save for his air projectile.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Oh, this talk of specials reminds me. Can you confirm whether or not Deathstroke actually has a legit rocket launcher or something similar (or heck something we just didn't see in the trailer) as a special? I've a feeling it's something that got lost in translation from that french overview, but I gotta know.

Killzone

Warrior
Cool. So they just haven't showed it yet, or did I miss it?
Yeah, you missed it.
There were actually quite a few trailers, where you could see battle damage. In the Deathstroke reveal trailer is a scene, where his mask has a big scratch and in the Doomsday reveal trailer you can see him bruised by the end of the match. (These two are the worst examples though, since there are far better videos with more battle damage, but I can't remember which ones exactly)

Killzone

Warrior
There are a lot of distance-covering options as well; Deathstroke has some kind of wild spinnning sword leap, catwoman has a claw dash, Bane has some kind of rush move (some of these feel like Kratos' Hermes Dash). There's a good deal of metagame built into the special moves and options for each character -- and because of that, it really takes some time to explore all of the options.
1) Do you know if Nightwing has something like that as well? Or is his main movement gimmick just his ridiculous dash speed / jump in speed, from what I can tell.
2) Do you know if Batman can combo off from his grapple hook? Until now it always looked like he just uses it to throw opponents around or to kick them away.
3) What's your opinion on zoning vs rush down characters in the game? Will someone like Nightwing have problems to get in and stay in their face?

Nillcox

Batman of Zur-En-Arrh
1 - Will the story mode have a chapter select once beaten?
2 - Can we choose which part of the stage we start a match in?
3 - Are any of the characters unlockable?
4 - Will they be making DLC stages and costumes in addition to the characters?
5 - Will the DLC characters also get alternate costumes and STAR Labs missions?

Dr Doomsday

Creator of Pills o' Doom
I only have one question.

1)Would you kindly ask about the alternate costumes based on other characters that Boon mentioned in an early interview? He mentioned that they were thinking about mixing it up a bit by making costumes like Impulse for Flash, but the idea has never been mentioned again. Would be good to know how that's going.

Please get the answers to my questions :) it would mean a lot :)

1. Any unlockable characters?
2. Is 24 the starting roster?
3. Any more DLC characters after the first 4?
4. Will there be DLC stages? Would love to see Amusement Mile

and you dont have to get the answer to this one or any of them but

5. What is the difference between Jokers Asylum and Arkham Asylum?

Dr Doomsday

Creator of Pills o' Doom
Please get the answers to my questions :) it would mean a lot :)

1. Any unlockable characters?
2. Is 24 the starting roster?
3. Any more DLC characters after the first 4?
4. Will there be DLC stages? Would love to see Amusement Mile

and you dont have to get the answer to this one or any of them but

5. What is the difference between Jokers Asylum and Arkham Asylum?
Most of those questions are already answered in articles about the game.

2. Yes
3. Hec said that if the first 4 sell well they might make more. 4 are just for the season pass
5. Story related. Joker takes control of Arkham.