What's new

Biggest Unanswered Injustice Questions, and TYM PAX Roll Call

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Ok so:

The game looks beautiful. It looks much better even in person, that it did in videos. Really vibrant, and everything pops off the screen.
Jumping is really different -- with Bane it seems like I stay in the air forever. Really big, floaty jumps.
Normal wise, a lot of people have very different versions of "typical" MK normals. So instead of an uppercut, bane has a 'shovel' kind of move where he puts his hands together and swings them up from the ground. It does pop up.
He has a move somewhat like a d3/d4 with really long (Smoke-sized) extension on it that comes out pretty quickly.

Bane's Down-Forward-X command grab is blockable. I haven't figured out the trait yet, but I'll try again. He also has a short-range anti-air grab.

Right now I'm trying to be nice and let everyone play, so I took a match, and I'll take one again soon.
Also I'll ask Hec some questions over the next few days. The show floor is amazing; just gaming-goodness as far as the eye can see.

I'm trying to give regular updates, but 4G coverage is really messed up with all these cell phones in the building, so it's impossible to send anything from the show floor. I had to leave the venue to write this message to you guys.

It might be easier for me to tweet updates if I can get my phone connected, due to the bandwidth it takes to load TYM, so if you don't hear from me here, check @InjusticeHub for updates.

RonnyRAGE

Kombatant
So since we have a few threads collecting Injustice questions for PAX, I wanted to organize everything here in one place. So there are 2 things I'd like to list here:

1) Who will be attending? If you have tickets for PAX and you'll be checking out Injustice, list yourself here.

CrimsonShadow
CRKFIEND
ShadowBeatz
imblackjames

2) What are the biggest unanswered questions (other than character reveals) that remain about Injustice?

I'm going to try to answer a number of them myself, both through playing the game and asking questions of the staff; but I figure, if we take the full list of questions/characters and split them up between the people that are going, we'll have the best chance to get a bunch of them answered in an organized way.

I'll try to also collect pictures and videos here in this thread, as well as links to any articles from media outlets at PAX.

Hec said that Injustice will be at the Gamespot booth (#924) -- but this is also the booth they have listed for Twitch.
Here's the link to the twitch stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/twitch
(2-3 PM EST on Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
Who's available to play as?
What arena's have you seen?

Thanks in advance

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I don't understand this. Every FG has different blockstun for moves that are either 0, -1, -2 etc. For example, in SF4 there are plenty of 0 on block normals that range from 10-20 frames of block stun depending on which normal it is and which character it is. I think what you are asking for is for moves that are 0 on block to have one static number, like 15 frames of blockstun. (Which would make no sense IMO)

I think you should ask if the game has buffer window for normals, so it's easier to time your moves after recovery (block/hit stun). This would be more like Tekken then, having a buffer window for punishes and such.

I don't understand why people talk about blockstun in MK when the actual issue most of the time is not having a buffer window for normals, requiring you to just-frame inputs to get a normal to come out on the first frame after recovery.
i think it takes more skill to know how to punish each move separately like reptiles dash and a blocked d3, it separates the good from the best. your ability to punish everything with cage is remarkable, i still cannot punish reptiles dash lol

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
They asked not to take videos (because it makes the game look less than ideal), so I'm going to respect that and not post the ones I've taken. Kayane is using one setup, and there's a huge line for the other, so will have to gather data a bit at a time.

The build of the game is "a few weeks old". Met Hector, and he was incredibly nice.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
A have a LOT of info collected, but it's hard to type all the info on phone.

Green lantern's trait gives extra properties to some of his specials (more damage/range, or ground bounce when it normally wouldn't)

Shazam's trait apparently makes his hand-to-hand attacks pack an extra punch (adds the power of lightning to them)

At least one of Grundy's grabs is unblockable, and his chain grab gives you different perks/advantages based on how you choose to end it.

Some of this is based on talking to the devs/testers and some of it is based on playing. So I'll have to confirm more as I get more chances to play -- but I have about 3 pages of info so far, so I'll do a much bigger writeup when I get to my laptop.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!

Green lantern's trait gives extra properties to some of his specials (more damage/range, or ground bounce when it normally wouldn't)

Shazam's trait apparently makes his hand-to-hand attacks temporarily unblockable (not the lightning etc., though)

At least one of Grundy's grabs is unblockable, and his chain grab gives you different perks/advantages based on how you choose to end it.
Do we know Sinestros trait? Is it that turret ball?

Goku

Mortal
They asked not to take videos (because it makes the game look less than ideal), so I'm going to respect that and not post the ones I've taken. Kayane is using one setup, and there's a huge line for the other, so will have to gather data an hour at a time.

The build of the game is "a few weeks old". Met Hector, and he was incredibly nice.
How the hell are we suppose to see gameplay videos of it than?? Obviously, there isn't going to be any true gameplay showcased on the half-ass half hour stream, other than the Missions mode and fighting mechanincs. Honestly, if they are going to be strict and make stupid rules like this, than they should not even have the game playable at a public event. How can you expect people to come to a public event showcasing a playable game and not want to take videos/screenshots? Very dumb and disappointing...

P.S.- This wasn't directed at you Crimson, only at NRS/WB. We all appreciate your efforts and anything you collect while at PAX :D

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
The full list of stages (currently 15 in total):

Batcave
Insurgency
Metropolis
Sryker's Island
Hall of Justice
Atlantis
Gotham City
Themycira
Arkham Asylum
Joker's Asylum
Fortress of Solitude
Ferris Aircraft
Watchtower
Wayne Manor
Wayne Manor Night

There's an XP system that gives you points following a match based on things you've done during the match. Such as:
Win
Time Remaining
Health Remaining
Super Moves
Interactive Objects
Environmental Destruction

After each match it shows the XP of both players.

Karried as far as aesthetic details, each super meter is customized in a style befitting that character. So for example, the joker's is purple with his pocket flower at the bottom, and a playing card in the middle. There's a character-specific mini-meter next to the super meter, which is different for each character. For example, bane's shows a small tank which shows how much venom he has left in his veins. There's a multiplier by it (it said x1 after one charge) so I'm wondering if you might be able to juice him up to higher and higher levels. Raven has a small icon of a raven that glows.. The joker really does have a 'Ha Ha Ha' mini-meter next to his main meter, etc.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Wow that is pretty sad. Let's give pro gamers their own setup but lets make evryone else wait? Geez....
Naw man, it's needed. They've been nothing but nice and helpful. They have media coming in from various outlets all day, and they need a setup where they can demonstrate to journalists/websites or have known players demonstrate. It's totally cool in my book :)

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Keep the info coming Crimson, good work

I wonder is the Wayne Mannor Night and day will having different props and interactable shit

Edit: Hopefully they fix that Bane floaty jump and give him unblockable throws

feelwise how different does it feel as compared to MK?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I'm tweeting some pics to @InjusticeHub.. Will be a bit sporadic until I get time to organize things later. Twitch turned my special movelist photo upside down :(.

Phone internet and wifi are completely shut down by the number of people in the venue right now. Have to run out in the cold (my coat is in coat check) to another building to post to you guys.

It's hard to figure out some of the more technical stuff with people rushing to beat you up while you learn the moves, but I'll keep pecking away at it.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai

Shazam's trait apparently makes his hand-to-hand attacks temporarily unblockable (not the lightning etc., though)

Some of this is based on talking to the devs/testers and some of it is based on playing. So I'll have to confirm more as I get more chances to play -- but I have about 3 pages of info so far, so I'll do a much bigger writeup when I get to my laptop.
Mother of the wizard....we are fucked.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I just started watching the stream archives a few minutes ago and it looks so good. The training mode looks godlike, and the frame data is looking a lot different than MK. Your health bar even starts flashing as a danger indicator when you're about to die (at least in training mode). Can't wait to start playing this.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I just started watching the stream archives a few minutes ago and it looks so good. The training mode looks godlike, and the frame data is looking a lot different than MK. Your health bar even starts flashing as a danger indicator when you're about to die (at least in training mode). Can't wait to start playing this.
I wonder how punishable -39 frames is in the game.

especially with grundy's half screen dash.