What's new

Biggest Unanswered Injustice Questions, and TYM PAX Roll Call

CRKFIEND

Apprentice
Hey Guys, sorry for the delay. I've had a busy-as-hell weekend.

I got to play Injustice over the weekend. I did like it, but I only managed to snag about 7-8 matches in. I didn't spend too much time with it. Some things I did notice (Good and bad)

I dislike the clash wagers. I got into one and lost. Losing one results in a huge life meter loss (Maybe like 25 percent) People will just be wagering all the bar they can when the game releases.

The fighting is FAR different from the way MK9 handles. I played with a few different fighters, and they hall handled different (Superman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Bane, Green Arrow) I had the most fun with Green Arrow - from a single match standpoint. The game looks and feels very polished.

Someone ahead of me managed to hit the eject button on the 360 demo unit we were playing on. I noticed once the console went to the dev window that the executable for injustice was named "-retail" at the end. Not trying to start a crazy rumor, but it seemed to me that it may be the final build just with parts locked out :)

I don't know if this is known information at this point, but to smack someone into a "stage transition" you must hold (Away +
A) This seemed to be universal for everybody. I do not know if it combos at this point. If not, I wouldn't expect to see it happening many times in matches due to the amount of time it takes to pull the move off since it's a charge move. The (Away + A) command can also be used to bounce the opponent of the "edge of the screen" into a juggle.

I got to meet Hector, Brian, Derek, and they all signed my copy of Mortal Kombat! (Thanks guys!) They seemed like very nice guys, Thanks for putting together my favorite fighting games Netherrealm. I'm looking forward to playing Injustice in a month.

If you guys want to know anything, that I might be able to answer, just gimme a holler.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Thanks for the info, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it!

AFAIK, you can definitely combo into transitions using meter. The "raw" transition you mention is supposed to be difficult to land because it's armored and free, I think. The explanations I've received in regards to this have been kind of blurry.

I'm really happy to hear that the characters feel varied straight off the bat.

CRKFIEND

Apprentice
I dunno how much light I can really shed on him at this point. He reminds me of Zangief the way he walks, and I remember he had a few different grab moves. He walks slowly. I didn't do it myself but I believe I saw a dash (special) come out of him from watching. His "Ultra" was one of my least favorites. When you have dude's running across the world, and others uppercutting you to space. A dude getting an uppercut into the gut into a face smash onto the pavement just looks weak.

CRKFIEND

Apprentice
Thanks for the info, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it!

AFAIK, you can definitely combo into transitions using meter. The "raw" transition you mention is supposed to be difficult to land because it's armored and free, I think. The explanations I've received in regards to this have been kind of blurry.

I'm really happy to hear that the characters feel varied straight off the bat.
The (Away + A) was not armored... Maybe you could have powered it up with an EX, but nope. No armor.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
is stage interactions unblockable?

This message is brought to you by The Hateocracy
Hey i2 -- some of them are, some of them aren't. It seems to depend on how big/powerful of an impact the interaction causes, and also whether it's an anti-air interaction (like that missile- launching APC). A lot of the ones that aren't blockable are easy to dodge, but you can play some mindgames, like throwing out a ranged attack and then jumping for the stage interaction when your opponent tries to counter.

And since you can be comboed into certain ones, it leads to interaction setups. Seems like it'll take some time to flesh out all the possibilities.

trufenix

bye felicia
Hey i2 -- some of them are, some of them aren't. It seems to depend on how big/powerful of an impact the interaction causes, and also whether it's an anti-air interaction (like that missile- launching APC). A lot of the ones that aren't blockable are easy to dodge, but you can play some mindgames, like throwing out a ranged attack and then jumping for the stage interaction when your opponent tries to counter.

And since you can be comboed into certain ones, it leads to interaction setups. Seems like it'll take some time to flesh out all the possibilities.
is the Asylum pig unblockable? This is a very important part of my stage selection plans.

trufenix

bye felicia
LOL, I didn't get to try that one out -- the hype it's bringing is hillarious, though.
More seriously tho, can you give us an example of some of the unblockable ones? I'm guessing all the jump in the air overhead slam types are, but what about like the dumpster in Gotham or the barrels in batcave? I think they blocked the "freeze pipe" in arkham on stream, which is one I would have assumed was free.

Also, are ones like the Insurgency tank gun and Solitude portal gun (the gun, not the corner teleport) available outside of juggles?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
More seriously tho, can you give us an example of some of the unblockable ones? I'm guessing all the jump in the air overhead slam types are, but what about like the dumpster in Gotham or the barrels in batcave? I think they blocked the "freeze pipe" in arkham on stream, which is one I would have assumed was free.

Also, are ones like the Insurgency tank gun and Solitude portal gun (the gun, not the corner teleport) available outside of juggles?
I can't remember which was which, and I don't want to guess and be wrong. But that would be a good question for colt.

trufenix

bye felicia
I can't remember which was which, and I don't want to guess and be wrong. But that would be a good question for colt.
If he hasn't answered it yet, he ain't gonna. I can wait. I haven't heard a single person say they don't work in practical application or that the game is anything less than hype, so as long as the character balance holds out we have a fucking winner on our hands. A winner that lets me put Batman's face through a Green Lantern brick wall construct or fire him off the watch tower and into outer space. Actually, did you see that transition? The Watch Tower one where they wind up in outer space from the Lex Trailer? I think its one of the few that's yet to be seen in entirety.

Either way, big ups to your coverage and what not out there, bro. For the next 2 weeks, you're my hero.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Yeah that asylum pig looked so cool, i can already imagine all the hype stuff that will come from this, mad props for whoever invented that.

CRKFIEND

Apprentice
Also, I noticed the times I played Injustice there was absolutely no background music. I'm sure this will be remedied/enabled by the time we play... (I hope)