What's new

General/Other Behold mine spikes of villainy! - Ares General Discussion

He's a zoner? I am dissapoint. Ill still give him a try, but I doubt ill main him. Although I respect it, zoning isnt my style lol.

Neclord

Noob
I'm usually not someone, who mains a male character (only male character I played in MK9 was Quan-Chi), but Ares could be my Quan-Chi in Injustice. I really like his design.

Mosp

Noob
I plan on maining Ares, I just hope he has some kind of rushdown game or he might have to be my pocket char.

Down 2

Noob
I hope in his super he charges at you head first and then gores you like a bull with those horns... No? ok :(. Ares is looking amazing though and he's definitely going to be my second choice if I don't like Bane.

Suzumebachi

For hearts long lost and full of fright
If his super is anything less than commanding innumerable battalions of legionaries to stampede his opponent 300-style or flooding the area with an inescapable avalanche of weaponry, I'll be a tad bit disappointed.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Who said anything about fear? It's about being a god and not having to. Because you're a god.

But if you want to be technical, all warmongers are cowards.

No, only Jesus.
Please. Thor is a god too, and he mostly engages into fist fight. Tyr (who is basically Ares in Norse Mythology) as well. You're acting like every god is the same. Each has his own personality and way of fighting. I am not saying that zoning Ares is lame, because DC Ares hasn't shown anything impressive upclose, just stating that usual "God of War" stereotype is all about pummeling your face into the ground. But whatever.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
This kind of looks like MK9 all over again, at first zoning seems strong, then everything gets nerfed into oblivion and all the good characters are going to be rushdown for a bit when an unexplored character gets exploited for ultimate zoning madness and glitches.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Only if they still plan to make early balance decisions based on Twitter bitching.

I doubt they're really just going to remake all their old mistakes.

I know Jack Shit about this guy or the comics he's in but I have no problem seeing him being a zoner.

If Shao Khan can chuck a hammer then this guy can throw an ax. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he he was a mash up of Shao Khan's fighting style and someone else/something new mixed.

How can you be god of war if you're afraid to encounter your opponent face-to-face ?
War isn't always fought head on, lots of battles are fought and won that way but a lot are also fought and won by using strategy. Guys like Kratos like to use the former, this guy might be a war strategist and sees zoning as the most brutal and effective way of winning.

Don't think of him as a brute simply cause he's a god, he might be more like a general, plotting his moves in war like a game of chess.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Ares is the inspiration for war, not the engine. His presence generates the anger and hate necessary to facilitate that.

Ever listen to a guy who just lost to your zoning on 360? Same shit. #accuratelyrepresented

Darren

Noob
I don't know much about DC Ares but if he is anything like his mythology counterpart pre- New 52 then I think it matches him. Ares was most of the times a coward in Greek mythology. He only fought if it was him doing the slaughtering. Like one time he was barley wounded and he retreated and told Zeus to destroy his enemies for him and Zeus told him to shut up. The fact that he stays away sometimes matches him in my opinion.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
My expectation/hope for Ares was that he'd have this ridiculously large Nightmare-style zweihänder, and his trait would be to shift stances between slow, powerful sword-in-hand stance and a faster telekinetic sword stance where it works like Eddie's Shadow/Carl Clover's automaton.

It never once occurred to me that a god would engage in brawler style combat.
Good one. Just because that idea you have sounds hella interesting, it won't happen. I had similar hopes and ideas for Raven, but they didn't happen. I still have enough confidence that he won't be boring.
I'd think the telekinetic sword stance would work more like Zappa's sword, if anything.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Yeah but he isn't just a mindless brute like Kratos is he? War is also fought with strategy like a game of chess. I always imagined a god of war would also be like a general, telling his army what, when, who and where to attack.
He won't be fighting with an army though, and in the wonderwoman movie he fought her face to face.
Him fighting up close does not have to equate to him fighting like a brute.