What's new

Batwoman TV Show First Trailer & Discussion

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain

Almost a 1 to 3 like to dislike ratio. Ughhh. That's a bad start.

I wonder if the reason is the final line: "I'm not about to let a man take credit for a womans work". Which is especially ironic considering that she stole his suit, tech and persona.

Colares

Noob

Almost a 1 to 3 like to dislike ratio. Ughhh. That's a bad start.

I wonder if the reason is the final line: "I'm not about to let a man take credit for a womans work". Which is especially ironic considering that she stole his suit, tech and persona.
If you look at the comments the majority is people that don't know the character and is spewing some kind of sexist/homophobic shit.

Colares

Noob
I'm looking at the comments right now and I really don't see any homophobic shit. Sexism works both ways.
The second comment is bashing her for being a butch woman.
Sure sexism works both ways but there isn't any in the trailer but the comments are full of it.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
The second comment is bashing her for being a butch woman.
That's one idiot in the midst of a legion of people, who are complaining about something else entirely.

Sure sexism works both ways but there isn't any in the trailer but the comments are full of it.
I'm honestly confused right now. Do you actually believe that the dislikes come from Kate looking "masculine" and being a lesbian? You can't possibly believe that, right?

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I read the Blackman/Williams III Batwoman comic for the duration of their run. I'm excited to see what the show will bring to the character.

Shame about the incels in the comments.

Colares

Noob
That's one idiot in the midst of a legion of people, who are complaining about something else entirely.

I'm honestly confused right now. Do you actually believe that the dislikes come from Kate looking "masculine" and being a lesbian? You can't possibly believe that, right?
You said that you didn't see any I gave you one of the most upvoted now you change your discourse.

I never said that was the specific reason you just like to cut around where is convenient for your points and act condescending. So I'm done with you.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
My thoughts exactly. This movie is not for me and it may turns off more audience, mainly male I presume. And that's fine. I may watch an episode or two because girl on girl action is always fun, but that's not gonna cut in the long run. On the other hand, she does look like a guy, so I don't know. Everyone enjoy the show.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
You said that you didn't see any I gave you one of the most upvoted now you change your discourse.
Wanna play a game? You copy/paste the comments, which complain about Kates sexuality and I post the comments, which complain about the hyper-aggressive feminism. I wonder who will have more material. Actually I don't, because I know the answer to that question and you know the answer to that question as well.

I never said that was the specific reason you just like to cut around where is convenient for your points and act condescending. So I'm done with you.
Well yes, but actually no.
You lied. You tried pretending that the comments come from people not knowing Kate and complaining about the homosexuality. Which is not true. Even when you try to back that up by pulling out a one-in-a-hundred comment, who complains about the way Kate looks. The vast and overwhelming of other comments complain about the hyper-aggressive feminism.

I'm not taking anyones side here. I'm just stating facts. And those facts result in the trailer having 3 times more dislikes than likes. Usually people dislike something, when something triggers them. And the trailer there clearly triggers a good number of people, for kindaaa obvious reasons. No point in lying about it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Will pass. More sjw crap. Did they not learn from Captain Marvel? Seriously? I have no issue with the fact that shes a lesbian, as she's gay from the comics. However I do hate the fact that shes suffering from man hater syndrome, and that shit needs to stop seriously. Is WW the only thing in comics now who did this well while not putting men down constantly? Batwoman, Captain marvel, Supergirl all suffer from the same Bullshit. I say itll last at most 2 maybe 3 seasons.

Last edited: