What's new

Batwoman TV Show First Trailer & Discussion

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Was reading some rumors today it may get redone or shelved lol due to the horrible backlash of the trailer alone. More dislikes than likes ehh never a good thing.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Oh I don't know lol wait a COD game had more dislikes than likes? Ok that's news to me, lol I stopped following COD post Modern Warfare 2 lol. I read they're rebooting it now apparently. Hey worked for MK lol
Search cod inf warfare trailer LmAo one of the most disliked videos in Yt

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I’m about to get roasted for this but this is an opinion forum..

The trailer was cringey as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Like can’t she be a badass woman lesbian superhero without the show having to remind us 20 times..

Actions speak louder than words

MKF30

Man, all I have to say is if this gets the green light for years while they canned Swamp Thing that's bs.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I read the Blackman/Williams III Batwoman comic for the duration of their run. I'm excited to see what the show will bring to the character.

Shame about the incels in the comments.
Yeah people are just bitching to bitch at this point. I loved the Elegy graphic novel which was a really amazing read.

MKF30

Yeah people are just bitching to bitch at this point. I loved the Elegy graphic novel which was a really amazing read.
Yeah, the books are always better than the shows(most of the time) though I do think Preacher and Flash do a damn good job of the transition. Some shows just do a 180 completely.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yeah, the books are always better than the shows(most of the time) though I do think Preacher and Flash do a damn good job of the transition. Some shows just do a 180 completely.
that's true, I don't understand how The CW can make good shows like The 100 then write crap like Supergirl.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Am I the only one who started this "CW Binge watching" Because of arrow? iMo he is the Iron man of the CW universe:p
also, even if Bat-woman is SUPER SjW or just bad in general, I will give it till season 2 or 3 till I decide whether I hate or like it.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I honestly wish they made this show a DC Universe Stream exclusive so they could've pushed the more Violent, R-rated nature of Batwomans New 52 run. To be honest, I'm really not feeling the CW shows. They have what I feel could be the perfect batwoman and yet I feel like 90% of the CW shows are a watered down version of what a lot of these characters are meant to be.

I'm probably not going to bother to be honest.

@Vslayer you have a great taste in comics by the way. The New 52 as a whole was a let down but there was quite a few diamonds in the rough and the rucka run, as well as William's work with batwoman was exceptional. Her Rebirth isn't that bad either.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I honestly wish they made this show a DC Universe Stream exclusive so they could've pushed the more Violent, R-rated nature of Batwomans New 52 run. To be honest, I'm really not feeling the CW shows. They have what I feel could be the perfect batwoman and yet I feel like 90% of the CW shows are a watered down version of what a lot of these characters are meant to be.

I'm probably not going to bother to be honest.

@Vslayer you have a great taste in comics by the way. The New 52 as a whole was a let down but there was quite a few diamonds in the rough and the rucka run, as well as William's work with batwoman was exceptional. Her Rebirth isn't that bad either.
I really hope it's gritty and more violent and the showed they can do that, just look at The 100, so there's no reason they can do it with Batwoman. They got a great cast and I hope they have great writers to match regardless of what we saw so far.

Thanks! I did follow her rebirth until issue 12 I think, but my LCS stopped holding them and I didn't wanna order them online and pay the shipping all the time. Elegy is still my favorite graphic novel of all time.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I haven’t read Batwoman, maybe I need to before I make judgements about the character as a whole but I didn’t like her at all in the rebirth Detective Comics. I don’t like that Batman let’s her get away with murder (literally) but he goes and beats the living shit out of Red Hood for doing the same thing. She just thinks she’s the shit, but imo she’s as annoying and edgy as Red Hood but without any of his many redeemable qualities, not as cool as Nightwing, not as smart as Tim, I just found her to be underwhelming.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I haven’t read Batwoman, maybe I need to before I make judgements about the character as a whole but I didn’t like her at all in the rebirth Detective Comics. I don’t like that Batman let’s her get away with murder (literally) but he goes and beats the living shit out of Red Hood for doing the same thing. She just thinks she’s the shit, but imo she’s as annoying and edgy as Red Hood but without any of his many redeemable qualities, not as cool as Nightwing, not as smart as Tim, I just found her to be underwhelming.
I'm okay with cocky, but as you said she needs redeeming and relatable qualities. What I read of the Detective Comics run was good, but I read like maybe 20 or so issues before my LCS closed. I think the earlier versions of her are way better, anything by Rucka is good. And as I mentioned, Elegy is amazing, dark, creepy and gritty. It's a great read.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player

Damn you just straight roasted her ass lmao. I see what you're saying though. After the whole penguin "incident" in red hood rebirth, batman really went hard on Jason and even ripped the bat symbol off him. Like really? Jason gets more respect from other members of the justice league in comparison to the respect he gets from batman.

They should really make a Red Hood and the Outlaws Show. Of course, they would have to put that on DC's streaming service.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I'm okay with cocky, but as you said she needs redeeming and relatable qualities. What I read of the Detective Comics run was good, but I read like maybe 20 or so issues before my LCS closed. I think the earlier versions of her are way better, anything by Rucka is good. And as I mentioned, Elegy is amazing, dark, creepy and gritty. It's a great read.

Yeah they aren't really doing her much justice in rebirth, specifically detective comics, as opposed to her new 52 introduction. Her rebirth is decent but not on rucka or William's level lol

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I watched arrow until like idk season 4 or 5 and it just started to get annoying.
Flash was really good and I was pretty caught up until the last season or so.
I actually didn't mind Supergirl, but only watched like the first 2 seasons cause netflix sucks and doesn't have up to date stuff.
Never watched legends of tomorrow

Basically, since I don't have tv, I'm behind on all of them and don't remember the exact episodes I left off on and so it's kinda hard to get back into them. Too lazy to click an episode and wait until I can recognize having seen it and then go to another and I don't wanna accidentally watch one that's like 5 episodes past where I am or something and have it make no sense. lmao

But I've liked all of them. I'm not too hard to please in the superhero show regard. So I would probably like batwoman too.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I watched arrow until like idk season 4 or 5 and it just started to get annoying.
Flash was really good and I was pretty caught up until the last season or so.
I actually didn't mind Supergirl, but only watched like the first 2 seasons cause netflix sucks and doesn't have up to date stuff.
Never watched legends of tomorrow

Basically, since I don't have tv, I'm behind on all of them and don't remember the exact episodes I left off on and so it's kinda hard to get back into them. Too lazy to click an episode and wait until I can recognize having seen it and then go to another and I don't wanna accidentally watch one that's like 5 episodes past where I am or something and have it make no sense. lmao

But I've liked all of them. I'm not too hard to please in the superhero show regard. So I would probably like batwoman too.
Netflix should make a deal with the CW and stream episodes the day after they air like what they do with Jane the Virgin and The 100. I usually wait until it's on Netflix and binge it all.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I usually wait until it's on Netflix and binge it all.
NO DON'T DO IT! THAT'S WHAT GOT ME INTO THIS MESS TO BEGIN WITH!

I hate not having the next episode, so I'd wait and wait until there's a couple seasons worth on netflix, but then I'd forget where I was lmao

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
NO DON'T DO IT! THAT'S WHAT GOT ME INTO THIS MESS TO BEGIN WITH!

I hate not having the next episode, so I'd wait and wait until there's a couple seasons worth on netflix, but then I'd forget where I was lmao
I don't mind waiting after a season ends, it just means I have more time to game lmao