What's new

Battle Arena Week 4 Winners Announced, Gameplay Footage is LIVE!

trufenix

bye felicia
1. I was more referring to the broke-assed resets than the bombs...
6. I just think it's funny that the community votes for the winners and the popular ones win but it's the losers that are kool and mainable ;)
1. Just sayin, Cyrax is Cyrax cause at any point he can lay an unblockable 30-40% damage combo at your feet and your only option is move, and sometimes just jump. I don't really think that degree of reset dirtiness has ever existed elsewhere.

6. I don't think you'll find a shortage of mains for any of the winners. Losers just always bark the loudest. Unless he turns out to be absolutely terrible, there is no way the first tournaments (and the entire online experience) isn't just one big Batman party.

trufenix

bye felicia
I thought he'd be a real part of the game. I'm honestly astounded that he isn't.
Did you not watch the footage? There is nobody else in that throne room, and he put Hawkgirl out in a serious hurry. He is obviously on some serious chillmode shit, gearing up to spark a bowl and watch the dunk contest or have a lava-light fap session or just catch up on game of thrones.

On the real tho, does getting involved in Superman's little spat with humanity really sound like the kinda thing Darkseid (a god) would get involved in? If anything, he'll wait til the heroes all wittle themselves down to the bone, then just march roughshod over the planet.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Green Arrow is going to be a zoning monster. He can shoot arrows while crouching, standing, and in the air. He can also shoot in multiple directions in different states. Ontop of that, it looks like the fucker can charge the arrow and cancel the move altogether. It's like a zoning mix of Liu Kang, Stryker, and Sindel....Bet that gets annoying.

Courtney

Burn in my Light
Did you not watch the footage? There is nobody else in that throne room, and he put Hawkgirl out in a serious hurry. He is obviously on some serious chillmode shit, gearing up to spark a bowl and watch the dunk contest or have a lava-light fap session or just catch up on game of thrones.
Never laughed so hard in my life

I don't know if anyone noticed this but supermans super is ridiculous. It looks like raidens ex superman. In the vid the super absorbed siniestros projectile so it must have armor? In the Evo vid it did 53%. Imagine that. A 53% super full screen with armor and looks fast. Probably mid hitting too
All Supers have a few frames of armor -- this is confirmed.

All transitions appear to have few frames invincibility or armor too.

Aquaman video says all supers have armor. Shazam / Flash video seems to indicate power shots can be meter burned for armor.
This, Pako I believe has unofficially stated transitions have armor, they should, as they cost IIRC 2 bars of meter, and for them not to would be kind of unrewarding.

The key word here is ARMOR, not INVINCIBILITY, that means you can negate it by having a move that has multiple hits. So don't freak out saying "Omg Super and Transition SPAM".