What's new

Battle Arena Week 4 Winners Announced, Gameplay Footage is LIVE!

Seapeople

This one's for you
I don't know if anyone noticed this but supermans super is ridiculous. It looks like raidens ex superman. In the vid the super absorbed siniestros projectile so it must have armor? In the Evo vid it did 53%. Imagine that. A 53% super full screen with armor and looks fast. Probably mid hitting too
They've probably toned down the damage by now like they did with Xrays in MK9. Hawkgirl's super looked similar but maybe a little slower. They're both looking like Sub Zero/Reptile style supers.

VOR

Noob
If Sinestro is good, that is my character. I REALLY want Darkseid in the game though. Also really liked Hawkgirl.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Why does Dr Fate/Mystery person on the right have computers above the tubes while the characters in the left tubes don't?
If you look above them and below them you'll notice their monitors broke off and are on the floor(directly in front/below WildCat).

---

Fucking Sinestro god damn.

The fortress of Solitude stage is amazing, the transitions are the best in the game so far.

Oh and Green arrow didn't beat Hawkgirl, Darkseid just completely destroyed her.

Darkseid wins by Technicality.

If you look above them and below them you'll notice their monitors broke off and are on the floor(directly in front/below WildCat).

---

Fucking Sinestro god damn.

The fortress of Solitude stage is amazing, the transitions are the best in the game so far.

Oh and Green arrow didn't beat Hawkgirl, Darkseid just completely destroyed her.

Darkseid wins by Technicality.
Ah, okay that explains it then. I was like wtf lol

Seapeople

This one's for you
By the way what happened at 1:18 in the Green Arrow video? Was that just his dash? It looks ridiculously fast.

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
Here's m thoughts...
Sinestro vs. Superman: From what I saw Sinestro has a nice reset combo (at 1:30 in the video), it seemed to be pretty reliable. Superman's combos seemed a little "Off" as in they didn't seem very long or to have good re-set value except in corner situations. IMO Sinestro is a better choice.

Hawk Girl vs. Green Arrow: Sadly Hawk Girl is outmatched simply due to ranged attacks. She seems to have pretty good normals but her air-juggle combo (from what I could tell) requires to much set-up. Green Arrow has an extremely fast dash speed (witch makes NO sense compared to The Flash). Green Arrow's combo mix-ups seem very effective no doubt he'll be top tier, seconded only by Grundy ;).

As I see it Hawk Girl will probably be mid-tier at best (sigh*). Sinestro seems very capable of being higher ranked then Green Lantern IMO, simply due to the combos, resets and abilities presented in the fights we've seen so far.

Feel free to discus...

trufenix

bye felicia
Here's m thoughts...
Sinestro vs. Superman: From what I saw Sinestro has a nice reset combo (at 1:30 in the video), it seemed to be pretty reliable. Superman's combos seemed a little "Off" as in they didn't seem very long or to have good re-set value except in corner situations. IMO Sinestro is a better choice.

Hawk Girl vs. Green Arrow: Sadly Hawk Girl is outmatched simply due to ranged attacks. She seems to have pretty good normals but her air-juggle combo (from what I could tell) requires to much set-up. Green Arrow has an extremely fast dash speed (witch makes NO sense compared to The Flash). Green Arrow's combo mix-ups seem very effective no doubt he'll be top tier, seconded only by Grundy ;).

As I see it Hawk Girl will probably be mid-tier at best (sigh*). Sinestro seems very capable of being higher ranked then Green Lantern IMO, simply due to the combos, resets and abilities presented in the fights we've seen so far.

Feel free to discus...
How could you possibly come to any of those conclusion from this. NOBODY EVEN BLOCKED.

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
How could you possibly come to any of those conclusion from this. NOBODY EVEN BLOCKED.
They never do in these videos, but just looking at the combos and mix-up potential is where I was coming from.

Cruz

Banned
I noticed there's a New Regime table with 9 chairs, 4 on each long side and one bigger in the middle.
This means 9 members for the New Regime, the big chair in the middle is no doubt Superman.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
They never do in these videos, but just looking at the combos and mix-up potential is where I was coming from.
well we don't know how much these combos do. I honestly think/hope Green Arrow's damage is ass to compensate for insane zoning and his freeze arrow set-ups. Whether he'll be top tier or not depends on what he can do other than zoning(if he's good at CQC or defense outside of the arrows, or if the arrows are even safe on block/whiff) and how well other characters can get around it.

Hawkgirl has a lot of mobility, I really hope there's flight cancels and she's able to avoid zoning easily with flying otherwise there isn't much hope for her.

We can't say if Sin actually has a reset or not since nobody blocks. One of those things we'll have to test because NRS doesn't want to show us anything other than combos, supers, and stage transitions.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
The shitty popular characters win again.

What a fucking surprise.
well seeing as the votes are done in a popularity contest sort of manner thats how it should be. you think people are using logic to debate which fake hero wins in a theoretical fight? no. theyre using "herp derp hes my fav cuz hes cool"

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
Looks like the characters I'll be using first will be Lex Luthor, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, Sinestro.

EDIT: Sinestro's gimmick takes FOREVER. Looks cool, though.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Hawkgirl's super was underwhelming. I really like Green Arrow and I thought Sinestro looked awesome.
I disagree with Hawkgirl. I think her super was quite awesome.

My LEAST favorite super has got to be Grundy, but it's whatever. I think everything else about him might make up for it.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
in the background on the Hall of Justice part it looks like the second statue on the left is Green Arrow (looks like he has a quiver and a beard), this plus seeing him fight with Nightwing makes me think he might end up joining the regime

EDIT: nvm there's a Batman statue too

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
She hits Green Arrow twice with her mace.. Didn't look too devastating to me
You're leaving out the part where she takes her opponent to the sky and does all of this damage as they're falling. IMO it's pretty awesome.

CRUM

Noob
You're leaving out the part where she takes her opponent to the sky and does all of this damage as they're falling. IMO it's pretty awesome.
If you're admiring the fact that it's being done in mid air, I'll take Superman's, The Flash's and Shazam's over Hawkgirl's any day of the week