What's new

Battle Arena Week 4 Winners Announced, Gameplay Footage is LIVE!

Here's what I've taken from HawkGirl thus far:
At the beginning when she swings her mace and Arrow was shooting an arrow at her, That mace had so much priority that HG was able to just blast right through it.

Next at :26 she had her mace swinging for a couple of seconds, fired it at GA, and had all day to confirm a combo afterward.

She seems to be reliant on combos that have her opponent in the air as evidenced by certain normals of hers that appear to be jump cancelable. Look at 1:05

She has a command grab (the izuna drop special up close)

She has a wake up attack @ 1:20

A very ambiguous cross up overhead at 1:45 that appears to be a decent oki mixup.

An anti air that whiffs at 1:55

And a Dive kick at 2:11 (properties unknown)

She looks like she's at home in the air with her special trait (as expected) and that she will have decent priority in general from the things that appeared to be used. NRS did a decent job on her concept overall. I just wonder how much damage she can put out.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I didn't care for Sinestro at first, but after seeing some if his stuff, I just gotta say wow. Might have to give him a try.

I will say, Darkseid really didn't like the unexpected hero showing up by boom tube.

And also...that is such a freaking stupid name for a teleportation device. Boom tube. Sheesh.

So now that we can rule Darkseid out as a remaining 5, who is left? These are the rumored characters that have not been shown.

1. Martian Manhunter
2. Robin
3. Ares
4. Doomsday
5. Black Adam
6. Raven
7. Captain Cold
8. Some people say that Aquaman is talking to Ocean Master is his reveal trailer.

Honestly if Manhunter and Black Adam come, I could care less about the rest. I'm now starting the campaign for DLC. Blue Beetle, Starfire, Spectre, Black Canary, Sportsmaster (Young Justice look), Circe, Spectre, Huntress, Chesire, Dr Fate, Zatanna, Manchester Black, and Black Manta.

Amazo could play like a Shang Tsung style character.

This is my pool. I just want a diverse cast. I think these will add diversity. I know people want Swampthing. Although I don't want him, but he does add diversity. As much as I love the Red Hood, he would play similar to a hybrid Batman / Deathstroke. This why I don't want Robin. I could see the argument against the Huntress, in this regard, playing very similar to Nightwing. I love Power Girl, but she's just too similar to Superman.

Justice

Noob
I have a couple of things to say about these videos:
  1. Sinestro = Cyrax. Calling it now.
  2. Supes looks big and slow to compensate for his immense power.
  3. I really liked the Hawkgirl/Green Arrow fight. It was full of hype and it looked like it could go either way at any moment.
  4. Speaking of Hawkgirl, I'm so impressed with her that I am now confused about my main....
  5. Fans of Darksied don't dispair. Remember that NRS loves their unplayable bosses ;)
On a side note, it seems that people are talking and wanting to main the losers in these fights more than the winners...

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I voted for Hawkgirl, but holy shit I laughed like hell when Green Arrow was just like "Oh, right. I'm the Green Arrow" and just kept anti-airing her. They did a really good job with that match, the winner wasn't obvious to me for a while.

Was sad to see Sinestro lose, even though I knew he would. Got dat Gradius option. If nothing else happens, I've found hype for a character rather than just an awesome looking game.

Superman's showing was proof of concept that they really hold back on the winner's first line-up. Nothing but background interactions, a very super Superman super, and stage transitions. I'm hoping to see him do some actual stuff next match.

'Cause I just got trolled by Superman before I can even play against Superman.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
So now that we can rule Darkseid out as a remaining 5, who is left? These are the rumored characters that have not been shown.

1. Martian Manhunter
2. Robin
3. Ares
4. Doomsday
5. Black Adam
6. Raven
7. Captain Cold
8. Some people say that Aquaman is talking to Ocean Master is his reveal trailer.

Honestly if Manhunter and Black Adam come, I could care less about the rest. I'm now starting the campaign for DLC. Blue Beetle, Starfire, Spectre, Black Canary, Sportsmaster (Young Justice look), Circe, Spectre, Huntress, Chesire, Dr Fate, Zatanna, Manchester Black, and Black Manta.

Amazo could play like a Shang Tsung style character.

This is my pool. I just want a diverse cast. I think these will add diversity. I know people want Swampthing. Although I don't want him, but he does add diversity. As much as I love the Red Hood, he would play similar to a hybrid Batman / Deathstroke. This why I don't want Robin. I could see the argument against the Huntress, in this regard, playing very similar to Nightwing. I love Power Girl, but she's just too similar to Superman.
tbh all of them are probably in except robin he's not and ocean master might be a skin

trufenix

bye felicia
I have a couple of things to say about these videos:
  1. Sinestro = Cyrax. Calling it now.
  2. Supes looks big and slow to compensate for his immense power.
  3. I really liked the Hawkgirl/Green Arrow fight. It was full of hype and it looked like it could go either way at any moment.
  4. Speaking of Hawkgirl, I'm so impressed with her that I am now confused about my main....
  5. Fans of Darksied don't dispair. Remember that NRS loves their unplayable bosses ;)
On a side note, it seems that people are talking and wanting to main the losers in these fights more than the winners...
1. No bombs, no Cyrax
6. Everyone loves the underdog.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Great gameplay from both, Sinestro looks better than I expected, the stage in the KG vs GA match was pretty interesting, a little too busy but I liked the different stage options. The little robot that blew up was nice. HG herself looks pretty cool, not my kind of character but definitely deserving of her spot and unique enough from the rest of the females.

Death

Noob
I don't know if anyone noticed this but supermans super is ridiculous. It looks like raidens ex superman. In the vid the super absorbed siniestros projectile so it must have armor? In the Evo vid it did 53%. Imagine that. A 53% super full screen with armor and looks fast. Probably mid hitting too

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Boring!!!! Lame!!!!!

Can see why ya thought the first match alright, but the second match?

What the fuck do you want to see that makes it not what you call boring? Do you want 100 combo chains with Flashy colours surrounding when they do it?
sorry man, i have to agree with firebreather, this game looks so damn good how can anyone find this boring, especially this week...even my friends think it looks great and are gonna get it even tough they dont like fighters...

Justice

Noob
1. No bombs, no Cyrax
6. Everyone loves the underdog.
1. I was more referring to the broke-assed resets than the bombs...
6. I just think it's funny that the community votes for the winners and the popular ones win but it's the losers that are kool and mainable ;)