What's new

Battle Arena Semi Finals Voting is LIVE!

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
You say that like Batman wouldn't be moving in slow motion the entire time he went for his belt. Flash can beat him to that. He moves so fast not only do people appear stopped, but you do realize he vibrates through objects right? Flash can also...you know...dodge.

Flash would take him out before he could move. Dodge anything in his way to that. Vibrate through anything he was too bored to go around. And he would still have time to repaint the Batmobile Red with his own symbol across the hood afterwards before Batman had moved an inch.

Seriously...Flash beats everything the way he is written. He evacuated an entire country before the nuke finished exploding. He's gonna beat a guy going for his belt or whatever to a pulp.

However, like I said Batman winning is a meme that beat Wonder Woman in a vote so Batman will win due to that. However he only wins in a vote. He loses pathetically in any fight versus The Flash. No Contest.
Flash could always beat Batman by running backwards in time to the night Bruce Wayne was conceived and hose down his parents.

Just saying.

Batman can't beat time travel.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
But that is science. Humans have already created around 20+ new elements artificially.
Saying Lantern rings aren't magic is like saying that scene in Iron Man 1 where Tony Stark creates a fucking mech suit in a terrorist's cave is science.*

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Exactly. The point is it might as well have been.
I understand what you're saying here, but it seems kind of irrelevant to whether or not Green Lantern's ring emits mystical energies as such that it would work as something Superman is vulnerable to, which I can only assume this debate is about.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I understand what you're saying here, but it seems kind of irrelevant to whether or not Green Lantern's ring emits mystical energies as such that it would work as something Superman is vulnerable to, which I can only assume this debate is about.
Oh God no. Are people insane? It's Superman.

Kryptonite or GTFO.

EDIT: btw, I never thought Batman's canonical power was "strategic badass." I always thought it was that he gives 110% less fucks than anyone else on Earth at any given moment. Like, his 'kryptonite' is supposed to be loved ones, right? No matter how many times his loved ones are killed, maimed or threatened, mofo NEVER stops not giving a fuck and just continues on not actually apprehending criminals.

Batman is a terrible superhero, really.

Reactions: RYX

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Voted for Flash and Green Lantern just because I don't want the obvious from the start Batman vs Superman finals. But I doubt any vote really matters, #VotingIlluminati!

TAS_DASH

Mortal
These are funny, Jim F'ing Lee and Geoff Johns reluctantly admit that Batman's power is that he can't be beaten. Whether we like it or not, Batman is DC's god. I agree that in a pure fight Flash wins, but if we are talking a Batman VS anyone, Wayne wins. I also agree that taking away Batman's plot armor and gadgets is like taking away the Flash's speed, superman's powers, Bane's venom, Deathstroke's heightened senses and healing, Wonder Woman's powers, etc. None of this logical... it's a comic book.

Now the real question is GL vs. Superman bc the Lantern's strength truly depends on the Lantern's will (and battery life). Hal Jordan has overcome everything due to his will, and DC is beginning to transcend Jordan to a level of the "Holy Trinity." He's not quite there yet, but he's gaining ground. Hal could win this fight... and then lose to Batman of course. To make a long story short, a DC character's strength is based on that character's popularity. Batman is currently the most popular, so he will have enough plot armor to win.

In terms of logic in a one on one fight Hal Jordan, Teth-Adam, Supes, Doomsday, or Billy Batson would win. They all are all invulnerable except Hal, but his will power + that ring is top tier. And even when Hal dies, he becomes the most powerful DC character The Spectre. I objectively don't think Flash can compete with these few. They may not be able to touch him, but he can't continuously hurt them. Hal can just use the ring to make the planet uninhabitable while floating above.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
It's not "Kryptonite or GTFO", Supes can be hurt by anything if it's strong enough/hits him hard enough. Magic simply blows through his resistance to damage and kryptonite makes him ill, not a complete nothing. Think of the worst cold/flu you've ever had: your body aches, you can barely move, your breathing is erratic, etc.... but you can still get up if need be just like Superman can still use things like heat vision while exposed to kryptonite but just in a reduced state.

Reedoms

Champion
Oh God no. Are people insane? It's Superman.

Kryptonite or GTFO.

EDIT: btw, I never thought Batman's canonical power was "strategic badass." I always thought it was that he gives 110% less fucks than anyone else on Earth at any given moment. Like, his 'kryptonite' is supposed to be loved ones, right? No matter how many times his loved ones are killed, maimed or threatened, mofo NEVER stops not giving a fuck and just continues on not actually apprehending criminals.

Batman is a terrible superhero, really.
His kryptonite is Joker dying. He'll sacrifice Gotham itself if it means saving his husbands life.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
True dat. Don't look at me though; I hate me some Batman.

Honestly, I think Batman and Superman both deserve to lose at every turn because they've got it in their heads that it's a good idea to wear capes to fist fights.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
It's not "Kryptonite or GTFO", Supes can be hurt by anything if it's strong enough/hits him hard enough. Magic simply blows through his resistance to damage and kryptonite makes him ill, not a complete nothing. Think of the worst cold/flu you've ever had: your body aches, you can barely move, your breathing is erratic, etc.... but you can still get up if need be just like Superman can still use things like heat vision while exposed to kryptonite but just in a reduced state.
Does he get a runny nose too?

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
Like, if he were serious about righting the wrongs of the world, the focus of all his vigilante efforts would be Arkham Asylum's security staff.

Because those people really suck at their jobs.
Yep, since he pretty much learned every fucking martial arts skills known to man, and he has detective skills above Sherlock Holmes, it would pretty much be a cake walk for guarding the asylum.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Yep, since he pretty much learned every fucking martial arts skills known to man, and he has detective skills above Sherlock Holmes, it would pretty much be a cake walk for guarding the asylum.
I've just always been lost as to why the protocol for Batman rogues post-arrest wasn't padlocked straight jackets and a fire-hose of thorazine. That would pretty much solve... every problem.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Stretching his "power" to much just breaks the stories. No one wants to read about how Batman defeated the 5th dimensional god using a paperclip, a straw and a rubber band all by himself while the rest of the JLA got shit on. It's silly.
Idk, that sounds a lot like McGuyver... and I loved that show.