What's new

Battle Arena Semi Finals Voting is LIVE!

D

Deleted member 5032

Gotcha!...Well if he wasn't meant to carry out the plans then i dont see how Batman could beat the Flash
Here's a panel where Prometheus, who is basically an evil Batman, takes down Flash and Green Lantern at the same time. While the Green Lantern thing is a little screwy, he manages to neutralize Flash simply by lying about motion detectors that will set off bombs if Flash moves faster than a normal person:

Killzone

Warrior
Tara Strong: "I'm gonna go with Batman!"
Wayne Brady: "Does Wayne Brady have to choke a bitch?!"

It's also funny that a guy like Bas Rutten, who has taken over 20 million punches and kicks to his head throughout his MMA career is capable of answering the questions, while others fail miserably and talk non-sense.

D

Deleted member 5032

The thing about Batman is that when he was designed back in 1939, he wasn't meant to fight anyone even remotely super-powered. Almost all of his villains were psychological, with the exception of a few "tough guy" types. If he's to be able to compete with any other member of the JLA, his one power (basically, being a strategic badass) has to be taken as far as any of the other members.

For instance, Flash really only has one power: Super Speed. That one power has been stretched about as far as possible, from "vibrating" through solid matter to time travel. Without taking that one power to its limits, he wouldn't be able to stand up to the same threats as characters like Superman.

The thing is, even with how creative the writers got with Super Speed, they've stretched it about as far as it can go. But a power like "Strategic Badass" can really be stretched indefinitely. This is what makes Batman essentially the most powerful member of the JLA, because such a power gets absolutely ridiculous when it's stretched that far. It's almost like magic, because he can literally have a plan for anything, and he's got the gadgets and physical prowess to put those plans into action. And that's the way it has to be; otherwise he would just be a liability to the rest of the team.

D

Deleted member 5032

Terrorism != winning. Flash still wins the fight, he just kills a bunch of innocents. Which presumably there aren't in a straight battle.
Eh? Flash doesn't win anything; he gets straight-up shot in the chest. Prometheus only loses due to some questionable writing involving Catwoman and, I believe, Batgirl trading costumes to confuse him, allowing them to beat him in close-combat. No actual members of the JLA are involved in taking down Prometheus because he beat them all.

Here's a panel where Prometheus, who is basically an evil Batman, takes down Flash and Green Lantern at the same time. While the Green Lantern thing is a little screwy, he manages to neutralize Flash simply by lying about motion detectors that will set off bombs if Flash moves faster than a normal person:

good argument...i guess it all comes down to if batman has time to prepare for the fight or not

randomdude

Master
but what people don't think is that all he has when he's gonna fight somebody without prep is his belt, that belt carries a lot of stuff but not amazon repellent, not speed force disruptor, not a magic bag of weapons that can be used againts anyone, only batarangs, zip lines, that kind of stuff, and a little bit of kryptonite sometimes that wouldn't even work againts superman because of heat vision/super speed mind.

Reedoms

Champion
The thing is, even with how creative the writers got with Super Speed, they've stretched it about as far as it can go. But a power like "Strategic Badass" can really be stretched indefinitely. This is what makes Batman essentially the most powerful member of the JLA, because such a power gets absolutely ridiculous when it's stretched that far. It's almost like magic, because he can literally have a plan for anything, and he's got the gadgets and physical prowess to put those plans into action. And that's the way it has to be; otherwise he would just be a liability to the rest of the team.
Stretching his "power" to much just breaks the stories. No one wants to read about how Batman defeated the 5th dimensional god using a paperclip, a straw and a rubber band all by himself while the rest of the JLA got shit on. It's silly.

D

Deleted member 5032

but what people don't think is that all he has when he's gonna fight somebody without prep is his belt, that belt carries a lot of stuff but not amazon repellent, not speed force disruptor, not a magic bag of weapons that can be used againts anyone, only batarangs, zip lines, that kind of stuff, and a little bit of kryptonite sometimes that wouldn't even work againts superman because of heat vision/super speed mind.
That's true, but if that's the case, there's absolutely no rule that Batman is going to wait around to get his but kicked. His entire "power" revolves around the need to fight on his terms, so if he is caught off guard in a situation he's not prepared for, there's no rule that says he can't fall back to collect himself.

That's definitely not an air-tight argument, as evidenced by the few times he has been beaten by the likes of Bane and Wonder Woman, but it's still the same as saying "if Flash doesn't have access to his Super Speed, he probably won't win the fight".

D

Deleted member 5032

Stretching his "power" to much just breaks the stories. No one wants to read about how Batman defeated the 5th dimensional god using a paperclip, a straw and a rubber band all by himself while the rest of the JLA got shit on. It's silly.
That's true. His power isn't a crutch for bad writing. All I'm saying is that for Batman to even exist in the same world as the other JLA members, his "power" has to be taken as far as theirs. Basically, his "strategery" is on the same power level as Superman's bullshit, Flash's speed, and Plastic Man's plasticity.

Reedoms

Champion
That's true. His power isn't a crutch for bad writing. All I'm saying is that for Batman to even exist in the same world as the other JLA members, his "power" has to be taken as far as theirs. Basically, his "strategery" is on the same power level as Superman's bullshit, Flash's speed, and Plastic Man's plasticity.
That's my point. He shouldn't be at their level. You don't see Nightwing running around space and shooting Gods with guns or killing white martians by himself. They should just stick him in Gotham and keep him on the Justice League as purely a reference.

D

Deleted member 5032

That's my point. He shouldn't be at their level. You don't see Nightwing running around space and shooting Gods with guns or killing white martians by himself. They should just stick him in Gotham and keep him on the Justice League as purely a reference.
I think that's the issue, though: Nightwing isn't on the JLA, so he's not meant to battle the same types of threats. And I'm not arguing whether or not he should be on the JLA; all I'm saying is that the Batman that is on the JLA and the Batman that's fighting in Injustice is the Batman whose power of being a badass has to be on par with all of the other crazy powers that exist in that world.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Not to kill the hype out of this, but only Batman with prep or Flash with some crapshoot luck is going to take down Superman.

Perhaps the only other person who could have taken out Superman was eliminated by Aquaman first round because people are fucking stupid. Cybrog could just teleport Superman wherever and whenever, same with Aquaman. The dude is OP.

EDIT: If they were to have put Scarecrow in this game like they should have (not too late!) he could beat Superman. Fear beats everything, except Batman...with prep.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I'm voting for Flash and GL to get more gameplay out of them but LBSH they Both are getting 10-0'd in terms of the voting, ain't nobody beating Bats n Supes in a popularity contest...

D

Deleted member 5032

Not to kill the hype out of this, but only Batman with prep or Flash with some crapshoot luck is going to take down Superman.

Perhaps the only other person who could have taken out Superman was eliminated by Aquaman first round because people are fucking stupid. Cybrog could just teleport Superman wherever and whenever, same with Aquaman. The dude is OP.
I honestly don't know a great deal about the Flash, but couldn't he pull something crazy like vibrating his hand through Superman's brain, or some equally ridiculous feat?

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I honestly don't know a great deal about the Flash, but couldn't he pull something crazy like vibrating his hand through Superman's brain, or some equally ridiculous feat?
I don't think its as free as it sounds. Otherwize the Justice League wouldn't need anyone else to do anything.

If Superman was sleeping, Flash could probably kill him free. Superman awake and fighting, not so much I would think.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

EDIT: If they were to have put Scarecrow in this game like they should have (not too late!) he could beat Superman. Fear beats everything, except Batman...with prep.
Flash beats Superman all day any day. The character is busted, however he will probably lose the popularity contest every time because all he does is "run fast".

Edit: It would be hard for him every time, but he would still win lol.