What's new

Battle Arena 2 Winners Announced! Gameplay Footage Now Available

I voted for Bats and Wonder Woman last time because I thought about it logically. If I had gone for which I liked better, then honestly would've voted for Harley.

In THIS match-up, I looked at the first fight logically and my pick didn't go through and went for the one I actually LIKED better in the second match and he did win. Weird.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
It bothers me people are that boring.
I thought Batman was more interesting than Bane(bat bots, aa, all his options), plus I was voting on who I believe would win in a fight. I voted for WW too but I think Harley is far more interesting.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
It seems that Joker's special trick is he switches from the "Knife stance" to a "Crowbar stance." I assume one will allow for swift attacks while the other will allow for more brutal attacks with higher damage. I'm worried that his super special isn't going to be any good or a big part of the his game though. That pie seems pretty slow. It'd only be good if you can combo into it.

Everything is looking pretty damn good about this game so far, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed they wasted a character slot on Bane! Especially since we already have Grundy in the grappler role!

Everything is looking pretty damn good about this game so far, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed they wasted a character slot on Bane! Especially since we already have Grundy in the grappler role!
Did you not watch the Bane gameplay footage? Yes he has grabs, but he should be considered more of a brawler.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
What did we learn boys and girls?

Shazaam is Raiden and Smoke's love child
Lex was wise and copied Seth and Goku
Besides the wide scaled cinematics, the supers are kinda ass
Flash is still awesome
Aside from his crappy design, the joker kicks ass

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
It's okay to have multiple zoners and rushdown type characters, but it's wrong to have more than 1 grappler? I'm sorry, but I'm not getting you.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
By the way, at the end of the Joker/Luthor fight, what's-her-name says next week has a match-up of "one of the most noble heroes [and] one of the most vile villains". Superman vs. Doomsday. I'm sure of it.
Im at work and dont have time to read the rest of the comments so I'm sure its already been mentioned.. but I have a feeling it will be aqua man vs doomsday. My reasoning behind that is this.. they didnt pair batman and joker up right off the bat.. I dont think they will pair super man and doomsday up in the first round either. Calling it now. Aqua man vs doomsday!

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Lex looks like he has some dirty and tactical stuff, along with serious strength.

His pace/speed is a bit of a downer though. I guess they can't have it all.

I am hoping that some characters are just mental and random with no real pattern or thought, no matter how much you try to thinking, it won't matter, they will just be crazy.

Im at work and dont have time to read the rest of the comments so I'm sure its already been mentioned.. but I have a feeling it will be aqua man vs doomsday. My reasoning behind that is this.. they didnt pair batman and joker up right off the bat.. I dont think they will pair super man and doomsday up in the first round either. Calling it now. Aqua man vs doomsday!
Doomsday may have killed Superman, but he's not Superman's most well known villain. Likewise, they paired Batman up with Bane right off the bat, and Bane broke him once. So yes, I'm reasonably sure they'll do the same to Superman.

trufenix

bye felicia
It's okay to have multiple zoners and rushdown type characters, but it's wrong to have more than 1 grappler? I'm sorry, but I'm not getting you.
Allow me to translate his post for you;

"Wah wah, they put a character in the game I don't like, here's my limp-wristed attempt at validating my opinion."

Lex looks like he has some dirty and tactical stuff, along with serious strength.

His pace/speed is a bit of a downer though. I guess they can't have it all.

I am hoping that some characters are just mental and random with no real pattern or thought, no matter how much you try to thinking, it won't matter, they will just be crazy.
nah that sstupid, thatd be like 8 kung laos... noone wants a character that mr. combo 909 could win with. i like there to be thought in games

trufenix

bye felicia
What are the known character traits?

This is what I know

WW and NW = switch between stances
Cyborg = heals
Superman = Damage Buff
Flash = Bullet Time
Captain Marvel = Lightning Hands
Green Arrow = Switches Arrow Types (I think)
Batman = Electronic Bats
Bane = Armor (I think)
Lex Luthor = Shield
Arrow's trait actually shoots the arrows. He can hold it while walking around and jumping, then shoot it up, straight or down. The actual reloads are different buttons.
Bane looks like just a strength buff like Superman.
Lex = Hyper Armor
Grundy has multithrows that buff his stats
Catwoman = Autocombo (possibly unblockable)
Joker is unknown, it could be a random weapon pull (like Harley's only useful) it could have something to do with the Joker toxin bottles, or it could just be another special move, kinda like Catwoman's.
Deathstroke, GL, and Aquaman's are still totally unknown.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
You're missing the point. He said it was dumb to include Bane in a game full of DC characters, dude. Ignore the troll.

Allow me to translate his post for you;

"Wah wah, they put a character in the game I don't like, here's my limp-wristed attempt at validating my opinion."
Hey dumbass, i guess you missed the part where I said the "game is looking good". If people want to play that lame ass character, its a free world. But the only reason he even made it in is because of Chris Nolan. Otherwise it would have went to somebody a lot more interesting.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Arrow's trait actually shoots the arrows. He can hold it while walking around and jumping, then shoot it up, straight or down. The actual reloads are different buttons.
Bane looks like just a strength buff like Superman.
Lex = Hyper Armor
Grundy has multithrows that buff his stats
Catwoman = Autocombo (possibly unblockable)
Joker is unknown, it could be a random weapon pull (like Harley's only useful) it could have something to do with the Joker toxin bottles, or it could just be another special move, kinda like Catwoman's.
Deathstroke, GL, and Aquaman's are still totally unknown.
Hector mentioned in a stream chat that Deathstrokes was a focus skill that buffed his gun damage.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Doomsday may have killed Superman, but he's not Superman's most well known villain. Likewise, they paired Batman up with Bane right off the bat, and Bane broke him once. So yes, I'm reasonably sure they'll do the same to Superman.
I guess we will see. I hope I am right, as I'd like to see some more aqua man game play.. but aside from lex, what other currently playable character could rival superman? Doomsday! You are probably right though. I'm sure there was a little thought as to how the brackets were put together, but its not like they are trying to trick us either.