What's new

Battle Arena 2 Winners Announced! Gameplay Footage Now Available

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I see Marvel haters on the youtube comments hating and saying the outcomes are stupid and that wouldn't happen... Like really? Ok so Chun Li can beat the Hulk? gtfo

Tavaski

Get tough, or die
It's a game man, How does he live after getting nuked and still win the fight?
It looks hella dumb dude, NRS could have easily give weaker characters an alternate stage transition move. Maybe that would be too much work but it would look more "in character." Unless the story is about everyone getting hella strong or invincible???

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
What did we learn boys and girls?

Shazaam is Raiden and Smoke's love child
Lex was wise and copied Seth and Goku
Besides the wide scaled cinematics, the supers are kinda ass
Flash is still awesome
Aside from his crappy design, the joker kicks ass
I agree completely. Especially with the supers being kind of ass. Lex's and Flash's are both awesome supers.

But Shazam and Joker's are somewhat underwhelming for the following reasons:

Shazam's super starts off at a really great note. I like how he just completely pummels them in the stormy sky. It's flashy, and nice, but the final part with the whirlwind throw just struck me as weak. I thought we were going to aim for a bit more over the top with the super-fighting. Suggestion: If Shazam has instead grasped the opponent in a spinning Izuna drop to the ground as he yelled "SHAZAM!," and then cut wide-scaled into a massive lightning bolt explosion on the ground, that would have been so completely dirty. Shazam looks like a complete bad-ass, and this would have completed the character imho.

With the Joker, it's also kinda weak in the sense that he just beats the opponent senselessly with his special techniques in a single combo, and then pulls out a surprise rocket launcher. I admit, the rocket launcher is COOL, but we're going to be seeing a lot of these moves in his standard combos, so really it just looks like a combo you waste all your meter on.

That being said, it would have been nice to see the Joker pull something crazy from his bag of tricks. Maybe there was a trap he laid in advance that he could have taken advantage of in order to incapacitate the opponent, and then beat them senselessly with the crowbar while they're down? His Kryptonite Fear-Gas was AWESOME in the Injustice comic, so why not pull that out? I could see him just laughing and saying "Wakey wakey!" as he brings them out of their stupor with an RPG to the face.

That would have been SO over the top! If they can manage to use the time they have left to revise some of the cinematics, that'd be siick. But yeah, I know, that's unrealistic. I'm just a DC/MK fan here in the FGC speaking his mind.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I thought Deathstrokes Trait, was "Super Focus mode" for a small time, whenever he shoots it will hit the opponent, like for example when DS jumps in the mode, and the op is at 4 oclock, the bullets will connect, like auto aim if you will

I hope Banes is not Armor since Lex's is basically armor, i think Bane is like Hyper mode over the venom ,

as Shazams super i thought he was gonna beat them with a Storm of Lighting Bolts

EDIT
Wow watching it back just made me realize what Shazams Trait
Lightning Fist - make all his basic combo's to be chained into Command grabs pretty sweet, if thats true i found my main

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Anyone else sort of not impressed by these fights? Or am I the only one?
I was unimpressed until I was surprised that Lex Luthor found his way onto my "might play" list. I've made joke comments on who I'm going to main around the site but I seem to be one of the few that really has no idea who the hell his character is going to be. And John MechClane looks fun.

Did not see that coming. At all.

I bet next week is gonna be Superman Vs Doomsday; and Catwoman Vs Deathstroke?
Could be.
It has to be Superman in the match, since she was talking about one of the most noble heroes.

It's funny how some people here suggest Green Lantern. Shows how much they know about comics :-|
Hal Jordan is not noble. He fucked a child! He's a pedophile hero! And no I'm not kidding. And no, the retcon of the story doesn't make it any better, Reedoms.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Could be.
It has to be Superman in the match, since she was talking about one of the most noble heroes.

It's funny how some people here suggest Green Lantern. Shows how much they know about comics :-|
Hal Jordan is not noble. He fucked a child! He's a pedophile hero! And no I'm not kidding. And no, the retcon of the story doesn't make it any better, Reedoms.
Wait what?! Elaborate, because you're blowing my mind right now.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Could be.

So did Deathstroke, and Freddy Kruiger.

WTF NRS.