What's new

General/Other Batman Nerf?

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I'm thinking. Its not his bats, its the fucking B23 string that allows him to be so pressuring.

Slap a few recovery frames on it so he can't stay on your face after knockdown and we've got a resonable nerf.
How about they not nerf him at all because hes fine and already has a lot of problems?

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
How about they not nerf him at all because hes fine and already has a lot of problems?
Well, either they buff 90% of the cast to be up with him, or nerf him down to be more like everyone else. I'd prefer buffs, but that's just not reasonable. You can't deny that Batman, along with Superman and Aquaman are among the best of the best.

Crathen

Death is my business
I'm thinking. Its not his bats, its the fucking B23 string that allows him to be so pressuring.

Slap a few recovery frames on it so he can't stay on your face after knockdown and we've got a resonable nerf.
And i even made a thread about this.... do people still check out subforums for strats or they just jump in for drama and combos?

http://testyourmight.com/threads/how-to-counter-batman-b23.31640/

No one even replied it. #Cool

You can thank me later :)

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
Well, either they buff 90% of the cast to be up with him, or nerf him down to be more like everyone else. I'd prefer buffs, but that's just not reasonable. You can't deny that Batman, along with Superman and Aquaman are among the best of the best.
Omg shut up, stop acting like you know what u r talking about.
Batman has a lot of trouble vs some chars.

JaredL

And i even made a thread about this.... do people still check out subforums for strats or they just jump in for drama and combos?

http://testyourmight.com/threads/how-to-counter-batman-b23.31640/

No one even replied it. #Cool

You can thank me later :)
Its not the part about him on block. Its the part on hit, it allows him to stay in your face, or to slink away in the back on the screen with his bats.

IMO it should be one or the other instead of having option for both.

Omg shut up, stop acting like you know what u r talking about.
Batman has a lot of trouble vs some chars.
I'm giving my opinion. Sorry for offending you, but you need to lighten up.

Crathen

Death is my business
Its not the part about him on block. Its the part on hit, it allows him to stay in your face, or to slink away in the back on the screen with his bats.

IMO it should be one or the other instead of having option for both.
What? So because he can choose to dash forward or back after a knockdown after a combo ender he needs a nerf? Should deathstroke be nerfed on sword flip because he can choose to dash in and pressure or chill out and zone you fullscreen?

What you're saying has no sense.

JaredL

What? So because he can choose to dash forward or back after a knockdown after a combo ender he needs a nerf? Should deathstroke be nerfed on sword flip because he can choose to dash in and pressure or chill out and zone you fullscreen?

What you're saying has no sense.
Batman is a pressure character. His trait and his moves define that.

His B23 allows for obscene pressure, of two kinds. If it was of one kind, I think that would be fair.

Crathen

Death is my business
His trait defines that? How? Last time i checked he can use it for zoning options , whiff punishing , covering his gaps , hell what is the bat spin if not an Anti air ( if this isn't defensive... ) , sure they can also be used for pressure but it doesn't mean he's just a pressure character.

Actually he's an all around character who lives and dies with his bats.

And tell me how people are always getting hit with b23 since it's a mid into an overhead other than being whiff punished?

Also this crazy pressure can be pushblocked.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Everyones entitled, i think, whether you agree or not.
In the grand scheme, the bats are important.
If hes going to get nerfed, NRS will nerf something reasonable (or nerf something reasonably).

JaredL

His trait defines that? How? Last time i checked he can use it for zoning options , whiff punishing , covering his gaps , hell what is the bat spin if not an Anti air ( if this isn't defensive... ) , sure they can also be used for pressure but it doesn't mean he's just a pressure character.

Actually he's an all around character who lives and dies with his bats.

And tell me how people are always getting hit with b23 since it's a mid into an overhead other than being whiff punished?

Also this crazy pressure can be pushblocked.
Killer frost has zoning options.

Having zoning options does not make her, at heart, a zoning character.
Same with Batman, having options, does not make him best at his options. He is best at rushdown and cross ups and pressure.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
1. And tell me how people are always getting hit with b23 since it's a mid into an overhead other than being whiff punished?

2. Also this crazy pressure can be pushblocked.
1. Thats a really great question, actually o.o

2. Truer than the blue sky.

arydious

Noob
I think this all stems from REO playing Batman. I really can't think of a character he has played that people didn't cry nerf on You had Mileena at EVo against Perfect Legend although REO lost everyone cried Nerf Mileenas D4. Then Reo went on to Dominate with Kabal, yes CD JR and REO had quite the rivalry but it was REO's Kabal people wanted nerfed.

Now REO plays Batman at some tournaments and bam bring on the nerf bat. Come on! I guess next is superman.

I do not post much but I am with the people who say let the game play out. You CAN NOT call something imbalanced till you have had time to develop tech and measures around it. It is far to early in the game for anyone to have explored all the tech. I find new things with Harley DAILY. I originally hated Deathstroke, guess what now I love fighting deathstroke he just can't keep up with me.

Just be patient and see how things play out.

Crathen

Death is my business
Killer frost has zoning options.

Having zoning options does not make her, at heart, a zoning character.
Same with Batman, having options, does not make him best at his options. He is best at rushdown and cross ups and pressure.
So you are saying that even having zoning / rushdown options he shouldn't have a way to set them up after a knockdown ( in this case the b23 one )?

Having more recovery on hit would nerf both of those options , he's a versitile character with frame traps and he also has batarangs for some zoning ( wich let's be real , it's decent for keepaway or to chip someone out but he will never be a Cyborg / Sinestro / DS type of character ).

It's just that your opinion about b23 is totally random.

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
This would be a bad move for NRS. After playing a little more with Batman he has huge holes in his combo starters (223 etc). I was constantly being D1'ed out of my pressure strings. Without Bat's to cover that gap any player who knows Batman well will eat him alive.

Don't even get me started on the "nerf his B23" junk. If you nerf B23 or his Bat's then he lost all of his offense and defense. Batman can't zone or rush down as well as other characters. He is strong because he is good at both while others at great at one or the other. How about they just leave all the characters the hell alone until 6 months or later when we actually know who and what is broken.

If Batman gets any nerfs I'll start an official petition to nerf:

- Superman (F23, Trait and Super)

- Aquaman (Trait)

- Deathstroke (Just because everyone thinks it's cool to nerf him)

- Grundy (60% combos from a grab LOLZ)

- Black Adam (Dive Kick and Trait)

- Hawkgirl (Swooping-mace-to-the-face-attack that is safe on block)

- Nightwing (Every one of his 70 + on block attacks)

- Joker (Crowbar)

- Doomsday (Trait, Jumping Body Smash, and the stupid high/low special)

- Cyborg (Spammer)

Obviously I'm kidding (or am I?) but EVERY character has a move or moves that are over powered. Stop the whining and play the damn game. You people only encourage NRS to nerf crap.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Batman's horrendously overrated. He needs those bats as they are now.

Actually Batman needs his bats buffed up so that he can activate them mid combo and also making his bats able to withstand a hit and not be knocked away after a hit.

JaredL

Actually Batman needs his bats buffed up so that he can activate them mid combo and also making his bats able to withstand a hit and not be knocked away after a hit.
This is what batman mains actually believe.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Batman doesn't have any super powers yet he needs to be nerfed? Everyone is just jelly of Bruce wayne. He gets the best comic book, movies. rouge gallery, costume, car, side kicks, women, trait.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
If it happens I hope NRS reduce the cooldown for his Bats to restock. Right now it takes around 15 seconds for all 3 Bats to restock. They need to trim it down to 8-10 seconds if we're only going to be able to use 3 at once.