What's new

General/Other Batman Nerf?

If it happens I hope NRS reduce the cooldown for his Bats to restock. Right now it takes around 15 seconds for all 3 Bats to restock. They need to trim it down to 8-10 seconds if we're only going to be able to use 3 at once.
I agree. Being able to activate the bats mid-combo would be a great help too.

Im trying to stay relaxed about this at the moment. Like someone else said, the only real viable thing they could nerf at the moment is his trait. I do believe in the trait nerf at this moment, but the only thing else that could come down the pike for bats is buffs. If netherrealm started nerfing his strings after nerfing the bats is when i start calling them clueless morons. Like what if in turn of the bat trait 223 got buffed so its a full blockstring with no holes? or f2 got a faster startup for better punish with its range? Then the nerf doesnt look so bad. If they nerf his bats without buffing anything in his lackluster movestring, then batman falls to a mediocre character. The other rushdowners like Nightwing and Catwoman can do the job better then him in general, but the bats are what makes him better at it, due to added pressure. If they dont buff any of his movestrings after nerfing his bats, then there literally is no reason to use him over someone like doomsday, nightwing, or catwoman. All 3 of which can do a better rushdown job if they take bats' bats away, Especially catwoman, she literally has NO holes in her strings, whereas IIRC Nightwing and Dooms have 1.

Edit: Hey when is this patch supposed to drop anyway? weve been discussing nerfs and rumors of nerfs but i havent seen any patch yet, and its been over a week xD...

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Batman's dash would also need to be trimmed a few frames if he's going to be without Bats for long periods. His is one of the longest dashes in the game. It made sense because the Bats could cover him and help in his footsies.

Slow walk speed + long dash + short range = horrible footsies.

well I guess we will know tonight/ tomorrow morning xD. Im surprised with being so close to release theres nothing solid to go off of yet

yeah thats kinda what im thinking. I dont mind the nerf as long as we get some type of buffs to counteract it alittle bit. Just a nerf that size with no buffs in return is just gonna kill the character. Even as a batman main i agree that his trait needed a nerf, but i was thinking more cooldown time per bat. Going this far is alittle extreme. Especially if they dont reduce the cooldown for the bats to come back.

dust.

Noob
How would you buff Bats? Extend his t-rex arms? It doesn't seem like he was designed to be a footsie-based character and he still wouldn't be able to compete with the likes of Aquaman or Nightwing if his trait was nerfed like that.

How would you buff Bats? Extend his t-rex arms? It doesn't seem like he was designed to be a footsie-based character and he still wouldn't be able to compete with the likes of Aquaman or Nightwing if his trait was nerfed like that.
hmmm make f2 faster. and take the hole out off 113. maybe decrease the cooldown on bats just a little. make some of his moves safer. make his dash go a bit farther maybe. idk. but his bats are a little broken right now. he always has them and even though he needs them for range they do need to be nerfed

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
hmmm make f2 faster. and take the hole out off 113. maybe decrease the cooldown on bats just a little. make some of his moves safer. make his dash go a bit farther maybe. idk. but his bats are a little broken right now. he always has them and even though he needs them for range they do need to be nerfed
What about the hole in 223 also? Batman has too many holes in his strings and weaknesses like the "t-rex arms" to even think about nerfing his Bats. If they nerf the Bats without making up for his other weaknesses then he will be a fail character.

Lol they aren't gonna buff anything for Bruce. It's NRS. They take years to buff. They are gonna nerf bats and buff him when no one plays anymore.

What about the hole in 223 also? Batman has too many holes in his strings and weaknesses like the "t-rex arms" to even think about nerfing his Bats. If they nerf the Bats without making up for his other weaknesses then he will be a fail character.
22 is plus 8 so i guess i understand why there is a hole in that string but i don't get why 113 has a hole. and yeah he does need his bats. but he doesn't need them 24/7 like he has them now.

Im trying to stay relaxed about this at the moment. Like someone else said, the only real viable thing they could nerf at the moment is his trait. I do believe in the trait nerf at this moment, but the only thing else that could come down the pike for bats is buffs. If netherrealm started nerfing his strings after nerfing the bats is when i start calling them clueless morons. Like what if in turn of the bat trait 223 got buffed so its a full blockstring with no holes? or f2 got a faster startup for better punish with its range? Then the nerf doesnt look so bad. If they nerf his bats without buffing anything in his lackluster movestring, then batman falls to a mediocre character. The other rushdowners like Nightwing and Catwoman can do the job better then him in general, but the bats are what makes him better at it, due to added pressure. If they dont buff any of his movestrings after nerfing his bats, then there literally is no reason to use him over someone like doomsday, nightwing, or catwoman. All 3 of which can do a better rushdown job if they take bats' bats away, Especially catwoman, she literally has NO holes in her strings, whereas IIRC Nightwing and Dooms have 1.

Edit: Hey when is this patch supposed to drop anyway? weve been discussing nerfs and rumors of nerfs but i havent seen any patch yet, and its been over a week xD...
I've been telling people about Catwoman and Wonder Woman for weeks in how those two characters are going to be OP character problems because of their moves sets and almost uninterruptable strings. They need to nerf Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Nightwing, Doomsday, Killer Frost and Superman. Not Batman or Deathstroke.