What's new

General/Other Batman Nerf?

I was actually thinking the bats need a nerf/change after watching Tom and REO fight each other, but I also felt Aquaman's trait needs one too.
I main Batman and it can be really tough to get close to some characters without the fear or actual use of bats. I personally would prefer a longer cooldown for each bat, rather than waiting for all 3 bats to recharge. One bat is good for stopping zoning to a degree, but more importantly for people who can zone in the air. They at least have to respect the possibility of a combo from fullscreen with 1 bat hitting and getting caught with a straight grapple. If only 3 bats were allowed then you will see a lot of people abusing his inability to properly counter from fullscreen until bats recharge.

REO

Undead
UsedForGlue, I wasn't implying this thread was made because of that. I just read someone mention in this thread that I was dropping Batman because of nerfs. That's not true, aside from the Kabal point I made earlier. I am drifting off Batman because I dislike a character who relies mainly on his trait. I rather look for a more complete character that doesn't need to rely on any one thing.

Are you one of those guys who always 100% of the time all the time has to pull out his bats after a b23 knockdown?

Batman was designed to play while using his bats. That's like saying try playing Cyborg and not relying on fireballs. If I want to play solely on footsies, then I will opt to play a character that excels in that department like Superman, GL, or Aquaman.

REO are you going to main DS now? cause I can see a lot of holes on his gameplay already!
He seems kinda weak to me tbh and I dont even like or use him.
Yes. I feel more comfortable settling with Deathstroke now that the nerf demands have subsided.

Sent from my mobile

UsedForGlue, I wasn't implying this thread was made because of that. I just read someone mention in this thread that I was dropping Batman because of nerfs. That's not true, aside from the Kabal point I made earlier. I am drifting off Batman because I dislike a character who relies mainly on his trait. I rather look for a more complete character that doesn't need to rely on any one thing.

Batman was designed to play while using his bats. That's like saying try playing Cyborg and not relying on fireballs. If I want to play solely on footsies, then I will opt to play a character that excels in that department like Superman, GL, or Aquaman.

Yes. I feel more comfortable settling with Deathstroke now that the nerf demands have subsided.

Sent from my mobile
i wish i could like this a billion times just for the 2nd paragraph alone

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
i think he does need a more viable anti air
Who's to say he already doesn't? Nobody went into MK9 thinking D1s would go on to create as much leeway for AAing as they did.

I'm just looking from the outside in when I say this, but it seems way too many players are simply trying to throw out their fastest jab whenever someone leaves the ground and deem it too slow or non-viable if it doesn't catch them 10 for 10.

loads of popular characters got pointless nerfs near the beginning of MK9, JC (F32 nutpunch, still one of my favourite things in MK9)
I hope you realize it was a glitch in the first place lol

ValeDJ

Noob
Who's to say he already doesn't? Nobody went into MK9 thinking D1s would go on to create as much leeway for AAing as they did.

I'm just looking from the outside in when I say this, but it seems way too many players are simply trying to throw out their fastest jab whenever someone leaves the ground and deem it too slow or non-viable if it doesn't catch them 10 for 10.

I hope you realize it was a glitch in the first place lol
JC's hit box for the NP was bullshit anyway, off a f4 juggle, you could 21f2,f3,exNP ... and thats pretty much sweeping distance

Back on track...Batman, he's fine as is, but a full charge to 3 Bats before you can use again is fair play

Then if its all a rumor created/fabricated by REO just to mess with people than that guy is an asshole 100% for starting up shit.
Actually my mistake everyone. REO didn't start this rumor it was someone else one, of the game testers with inside info. REO just happen to publicly announce he was putting aside Batman thus adding coincidental fuel to the fire . I am sorry REO for calling you an asshole.

I understand what you're saying. The point I was bringing up to Soul whatever his name is that from the footage I've seen of you in tournament play is you don't need bats 100% of the time to get shit done. You're pressure without the bats is miles ahead of the batmen crying about the trait nerf and they should really be studying your tournament play rather than complaining about this or that.

Game is way to young to cry about crap anyways. I want to see the really broken shit not read threads about people complaining about DS spam or Batman bats being op when all they do is "call bats, run in j2 like a hero".

Actually my mistake everyone. REO didn't start this rumor it was someone else one, of the game testers with inside info. REO just happen to publicly announce he was putting aside Batman thus adding coincidental fuel to the fire . I am sorry REO for calling you an asshole.
no, hes not an asshole, but he DID start the rumor. before he even said he was putting batman aside

if you're on xbox live id be more than happy to play you and show you how bad i am :) . i mean obviously im just a j2 223 batman player. should be easy for you to beat me
PSN here

I won't be able to show it if you show it but if you wanna go on the XBL streams and shit, I check those out regularly. Last Batman was this guy called Nightmare and he was pretty damn good.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I'm thinking. Its not his bats, its the fucking B23 string that allows him to be so pressuring.

Slap a few recovery frames on it so he can't stay on your face after knockdown and we've got a resonable nerf.