What's new

Batman matchup chart Injustice 2

Dr4che

i will fix the bug ;)
I feel like Superman and Joker are 5/5, while Firestorm is 6/4.

I'm also glad that someone else sees Green Arrow as a potential bad MU. Very tough to get through fire arrow zoning, even with trait.
green arrow is extremely underrated in my opinion especially his zoning. if he is able to get somehow life lead gl and hf trying to get sth going

Jugghead

Noob
I think its fair to put the Cheetah match-up at 7-3 (Batman's favor). I think its one of his best. You can zone her out with batarangs (straight and up), then run in when you want with full meter and trait.

Agreed about Deadshot and Harley being 4-6, and Scarecrow and Robin being 6-4.

Couldn't agree more about Green Arrow. Even when you get through the arrows, his bow has decent range, and he's got safe and multi-hitting wake-ups.

I think Wonder Woman is a 6-4 (Batman's favor). Her lasso and shield just don't have enough range.

@ForeverKing Can you explain Poison Ivy? I have a tough time getting through her zoning.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
@ForeverKing Can you explain Poison Ivy? I have a tough time getting through her zoning.
My take on this MU is to just walk in and take the chip. Ivy's zoning is pretty one dimensional, and you can react to her MBing the pillar. If she has her trait active, just wait it out.

Once Batman gets in, he can jump for free and she has no threatening wakeups. Trait heavily outfootsies everything Ivy has, so don't use bat too early. Patience is the key, and every hit you land will do a lot more damage.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Adding the extra chip to fire arrows and batarangs no longer hitting mid pushed this match from batmans favor in Inj1 to Arrows favor in 2. I really like the arrow changes.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
This actually seems like a pretty honest MU chart considering that King made it.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Can you give us your reasoning for cheetah being 6-4 and not worse? No trolling... I just think your input can help put the debate to rest.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Can you give us your reasoning for cheetah being 6-4 and not worse? No trolling... I just think your input can help put the debate to rest.
I don't play the matchup enough to know exactly how bad it is, I just know it's bad so I put 6-4.

But Cheetah is one of the characters in my opinion with untapped potential, being able to cancel any string into the pounce and MB into command grab is pretty insane and I don't see many Cheetah players doing that. Or just his tick throws in general

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
What's wrong with #4-7? Aquaman and Black Adam for sure number #1 and #2, then Deadshot or Catwoman most likely #3
I think aside from struggling with Aquaman he is grossly under-valued in the tier discussion. Yes Black Adam hits dumb hard and Aquaman has the best defense, but Batman is equally solid on the offensive and ease of "opening you up" spectrum. Nevermind his respectful zoning capabilities.

He has no glaring weaknesses and an SSS tier trait. I think BA, Aqua, Atrocitus, Batman, and possibly Catwoman/Deadshot round out the Top 5. Batman just sticks out to me because he is so well-rounded and doesn't rely on one easily exploitable characteristic to be ridiculous.

I'll probably get a lot of disagreement, but I would say he's #1 or #2. As a character vs the whole cast he is the complete package. Once BAs damage is normalized it's going to be hard to argue that Bats isn't Ferrari tier.

Wigy

There it is...
At least when it comes to range. Batman's only long range normal is F2. When it comes to frame data I don't know, I don't know Joker's frame data
Only move jokers got which has any range is b1 and d3. Everything else has no range at all or gets horribly low profiled. Batman has the same thing but once hes in he can be like +34 or whatever it is and has decent stagger pressure with 12 and b1 stuff.

Batmans f3 and b3 albeit slow are pretty useful, jokers are pretty garbage.

Joker also cant jump on you as his jump ins are bad and j2 from batman is hard to AA with joker cause his d2 (though its hitbox is ace) is slow.

I think from first inspection you could say joker edges it slightly on range but when all the normals come together batmans way strong in the normal department from what i've seen.

I'd be surprised if some of the more experienced jokers would disagree with me.

Last edited:

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Inb4 i get completely demolished in the corner
Is there some substantial number of characters in this game who do just fine when the opponent has them cornered under pressure?

Surely a well-timed MB roll, calling your ever-present trait with no recovery frames, or a simple double jump would help out...

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I still feel like the Atrocitus matchup is 6-4 Batman. Batman's zoning is tough to get in and trying to counter zone with puddle will get full combo punished if blocked. This leads to Batman always having a meter advantage to pushblock trait and use EX batarangs to bully him with pressure up close. With trait Bats can punish most of Atro's pressure without trait and with trait he'll have enough meter for MB B3s. Batman outdamages him most parts of the screen except probably the corner. It's certainly winnable but Batman has a solid advantage IMO.

Cold is at least 6-4 Batman, maybe worse. Trait stops any of his stagger pressure and can get bats out of grenade field shenanigans. Cold's zoning doesn't really compare to Batmans and he'll be forced to throw up a bunch of walls fullscreen. He also gets bullied up close. The only saving grace is Batman can't j2 for free and can't oki for free, but he still outclasses Cold.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Is there some substantial number of characters in this game who do just fine when the opponent has them cornered under pressure?

Surely a well-timed MB roll, calling your ever-present trait with no recovery frames, or a simple double jump would help out...
What? Yes lol. There are plenty of characters in this game with a solid wakeup game or good pokes or both. Batman has neither. Yolo wakeup up batarang for the win. And if you really think it's as easy as "lol just mb roll out of the corner with bats" then the Batman hate is beyond real. Even the god Batman himself who made this thread gets trapped in the corner