What's new

Post Patch Batman MU chart Injustice 2

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
So after attending Absolute Battle, ECT, IPS, SCR and other tournaments after the patch and pretty much dropping most of my secondaries to put more time into Batman, this is what I think of his matchup chart now:

Aquaman 5-5 but Aquaman controls the pace of the match

Atrocitus 6-4

Bane 6-4 or 7-3

Batman 5-5 or 5.5-4.5 if it's my Batman

Black Adam 5-5

Black Canary 6-4

Blue Beetle 6-4 maybe 5-5

Captain Cold 5-5 or possible 4-6

Catwoman 5-5

Cheetah 6-4 or 7-3

Cyborg 6-4

Darkseid 5-5

Deadshot 4-6

Doctor Fate 5-5 or maybe 4-6

Firestorm 5-5

Flash 5-5 but Batman controls the pace of the match

Gorilla Grodd 6-4

Green Arrow 4-6

Green Lantern 5-5 or possible 6-4

Harley Quinn 4-6 could maybe be 5-5

Joker basically 0 matchup experience but considering their tools I'd assume Batman wins

Poison Ivy 6-4

Red Hood 4-6 this is Batmans hardest matchup in my opinion, he zones out Batman and he punishes B23 on block with lunge

Robin 6-4

Scarecrow 6-4

Starfire 5-5

Sub Zero 6-4

Supergirl 5-5 or possible 4-6, she def controls the pace of the match and her quick lasers get rid of Batman's trait easily. Threat of teleport and quick lasers doesn't let Batman zone and D2 keeps him from jumping in

Superman 6-4

Swamp Thing 6-4 or 7-3

Wonder Woman 5-5

Ask me any questions about any specific matchup if you want me to give details on why I gave it that number

Jugghead

Noob
Red Hood 4-6 this is Batmans hardest matchup in my opinion, he zones out Batman and he punishes B23 on block with lunge
@ForeverKing - What makes RH his hardest MU? He does outzone batman, but I think he's easier to get in on than Deadshot, GA, and Harley. I get the B23 punish, but if the best he can do is a lunge to punish, that's not that bad. I don't think not being able to use B23 outside of a combo is a big deal. I think RH only having parrys as invincible WUs is a big deal that evens the MU out. He does have the dive back, but if he's in the corner he's done. That can't be said about Deadshot, GA, or Harley.

kcd117

Noob
Brainiac is such a pointless matchup it is not even there lol.

But for real, what am I supposed to do in this matchup? His up batarangs can tag me from 3/4 of the screen and once he has a bat out he can just throw as many as he wants with little to no risk. I can never get my game going unless they mess up pretty bad. Trait helps but it's not that big of deal if batman has his trait up, which he has 24/7.

So after attending Absolute Battle, ECT, IPS, SCR and other tournaments after the patch and pretty much dropping most of my secondaries to put more time into Batman, this is what I think of his matchup chart now:

Batman 5-5 or 5.5-4.5 if it's my Batman

Ask me any questions about any specific matchup if you want me to give details on why I gave it that number
So if it's Nubcake's Batman then it is like 6-4 or 6.5-3.5 in favour of nub's batman))?!

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
What's your initial opinion on Manta even though I know it's early? I think Manta might 6-4 Batman.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Why do you think deadshot beats batman ? I mean he gets in for free with trait , mix him up for days . I always have very hard time vs good patient batman players. I know you lost many times vs foxy but I feel like its 5-5 or even a bit in batmans favour . For example madzin beats him with batman all the time. But from what ive seen he plays more patient . Or maybe im wrong and I just suck vs batman .

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I agree with Catwoman and Harley being even.
Honestly the more I play Harley ve Batman the more I feel it's even because he can really make up for having to get in once he is in.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
@ForeverKing - What makes RH his hardest MU? He does outzone batman, but I think he's easier to get in on than Deadshot, GA, and Harley. I get the B23 punish, but if the best he can do is a lunge to punish, that's not that bad. I don't think not being able to use B23 outside of a combo is a big deal. I think RH only having parrys as invincible WUs is a big deal that evens the MU out. He does have the dive back, but if he's in the corner he's done. That can't be said about Deadshot, GA, or Harley.
Harley's wake-ups are bad, she doesn't have any fully invincible wake-up.

Why do Red Hood players always bring up that "if he's in the corner he is free on wake-up" argument? I mean even characters with good wake-ups have issues when they are cornered and you know... there's always the option to not wake-up

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Yea I'd really like to hear thoughts on the Brainiac MU. Brainiac was kind of MIA in tourneys at the time when you made your last chart but he's become relevant enough that people are putting him high on their tier lists.

Jugghead

Noob

Why do Red Hood players always bring up that "if he's in the corner he is free on wake-up" argument? I mean even characters with good wake-ups have issues when they are cornered and you know... there's always the option to not wake-up
Haley has some invincibility on her grab, which is better than what RH has. Yes, being knocked down in the corner isn't a good position for anyone, but having WUs like Deadshot and GA has are much better options than RH.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I agree with pretty much everything here. I think he 6-4’s Cheetah. If she gets in once she either catches up or gains the life lead. Kinda like Flash in the sense that you could be winning then suddenly your life is gone. I feel like he definitely 7-3’s Bane. I’ve honestly changed my mind on Supergirl. I think it’s 5-5. Batman has to play extremely patient. Get the life lead and make Supergirl come to you. She can’t catch up on health by making you block air lasers all day lol. Bait her air dashes and if she moves forward for her B1 then send out the bats and it’s your turn. Batman can def turtle her. But when Batman has to he’s terrified to approach her

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Red Hood, GA, Harley and Deadshot are all losing in my opinion. Supergirl feels tough as well.

Curious as to what changed your mind with Harley.

I don't get the not fully invincible wakeup meme.
Do you people realize that you can time your wake ups at different times?

Red Hood, GA, Harley and Deadshot are all losing in my opinion. Supergirl feels tough as well.

Curious as to what changed your mind with Harley.
because the last couple times he's fought harley he won, and at SCR bio and him with even in the harley vs batman matchup... he only switched to deadshot for security

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I don't get the not fully invincible wakeup meme.
Do you people realize that you can time your wake ups at different times?
Yeah but that works better for characters with very feeew vulnerable frames like Dr. Fate and Green Lantern IMO, Harley has a lot of vulnerable frames. Not to mention you can just neutral jump against her when in doubt.