What's new

Match-up Discussion Batman Match-Up Discussion

JoeX0rX

Noob
My friend plays bane and we play matches alot, after a while he figured out he can spam venom x 1 and spam special moves on knockdown. So it boiled down to dashing away or he gets hit with wake up slide kick. Its not a good matchup for batman, the nerf is going to make it worse. Granted you can parry banes charge. But if bane gets close to batman and knocks batman down theres a 50/50 chance your losing a life bar.

dust.

Noob
My friend plays bane and we play matches alot, after a while he figured out he can spam venom x 1 and spam special moves on knockdown. So it boiled down to dashing away or he gets hit with wake up slide kick. Its not a good matchup for batman, the nerf is going to make it worse. Granted you can parry banes charge. But if bane gets close to batman and knocks batman down theres a 50/50 chance your losing a life bar.
Well that's kind of Bane's gameplan against anyone. Get in, make them guess wrong and make them pay for it. But Batman can do a great job at keeping him out since his batarangs are multi-hitting moves that will break armor. I mean when Bane has his trait leveled up you have to be a bit more careful but I still feel that it is a great matchup for Bats.

so i played pig of the hut (the sinestro main) the other night. we played about 40 games and the games went in my favor. sinestro just wants to zone you out and look for time to call in his trait. in this mu, you just have to pick and choose when you want to dash and jump. be careful when jumping though because the over head rock will hit you out of the air. duck the fear blast but be aware of his overhead rock thing. when he starts to do the over head this is your time to dash in. if you dash, it will miss you. when he has his trait out, there isn't much you can do about it. but it takes a long time for him to call it out though. he'll start charging it mainly when he gets you in shackles. when bat man has his trait out you can trade with his projectile from far away and hit confirm the grapple. where you really want sinestro in this mu is the corner, he will eventually push himself there. when you get him in the corner KEEP him in the corner. the corner is his weakness. if you keep him there, he's dead

and also just adding, if you have your super available, you can almost alwayss get him with it. quite a few of our matches ended with me landing my super on him. you can counter pretty much everything he does with the super. which is kind of big actually. it can be a game changer.

JoeX0rX

Noob
Would you find the matches could have gone differently with the change comming to batmans trait? Did you find yourself using alot of single or double bats??

Would you find the matches could have gone differently with the change comming to batmans trait? Did you find yourself using alot of single or double bats??
yes. i was using my bats a lot, which actually made me think batman had a pretty good advantage in this match up. i prolly could of won with out having them all the time though. listen guys, if batman gets this trait nerf we'll be fine. we are going to have to just actually think a bit more because we wont have a bat every second of the match. bat man needs his bats sure. but he doesn't need them every second

What, wait. Bats is getting a nerf on his trait? Is this confirmed or rumor?????

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Seapeople

This one's for you
Grundy feels like a definite advantage right now, how does everybody else feel in this matchup? Batman has all the tools in the world to deal with him imo.

Grundy feels like a definite advantage right now, how does everybody else feel in this matchup? Batman has all the tools in the world to deal with him imo.
definately. no question about it. ive played that match at a pretty high level a good bit. there is no reason why batman wouldn't be at advantage. like you said, he has everything he needs.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
I'm starting to feel more comfortable in the Superman match up. I might even dare say, it could be in the dark knight's favor.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Ok guys....

Harley:
I got the idea of blocking low, but I don't know how to punish anything in this MU so i just get block stringed and mixed-up to death. How are you guys approaching this match up in general?

Raven-
How the fuck do you get in on this bitch? Does batman have any thing he can use to check that force squeeze move when blocked at a distance?

HALP lol.

raven. hmm. whats keeping you out? well, you always have your bats. you'll have them throughout the whole match. so thats a big help. he doesn't really have anything to check her force squeeze move with from a distance. you just want to get in close where batman excels. the same basic rules of getting around zoning in any mu applies to this one too. you just block her attacks and get in.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Ok guys....

Harley:
I got the idea of blocking low, but I don't know how to punish anything in this MU so i just get block stringed and mixed-up to death. How are you guys approaching this match up in general?

Raven-
How the fuck do you get in on this bitch? Does batman have any thing he can use to check that force squeeze move when blocked at a distance?

HALP lol.
zaf

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
raven. hmm. whats keeping you out? well, you always have your bats. you'll have them throughout the whole match. so thats a big help. he doesn't really have anything to check her force squeeze move with from a distance. you just want to get in close where batman excels. the same basic rules of getting around zoning in any mu applies to this one too. you just block her attacks and get in.
Yeah, its probably something I need to work on overall is blocking and dashing the recovery to get in. The thing that gave me the most trouble was getting read on when I was bringing my bats out and eating a squeeze. Meh, im still getting used to back-to-block so I've been eating attacks thaty I shouldnt be lol.

xQUANTUMx

I think you can call out bats immediately after blocking anything no? so if she does a soul crush and you block (hold down for example), call those fuckers out right away, or trait cancel into a forward dash to cover more ground

You can actually force raven to come mid range because you will out zone her full screen, your projectile hits mid you can crouch under her's she has to come force push range. Make her want to push you, you block then call bats then the match is free. Know what strings u can counter, dash block more, and execute properly and you should be fine.

Loth Ryo

of house Ryo krypton
Any MU advice for doomsday? Good punishes? And how should I be trying to open on him, after a block or knockdown

Loth Ryo

of house Ryo krypton
ive only fought a few, but everytime, max damage every chance. Hit confirm F23 into trait if you can. His shoulder rush covers a huge amount of distance. If you see him activate his trait, turn yours on and blow through his armor. Doomie AND Superman are both epic in the corner, so its anyone's game there. Just depends on who corners who first
Well I appreciate the insight.....however this is the batman MU section lol

xQUANTUMx

ok so for batman.....ya, tough. I run away when his trait is active, it seems like it goes on for ever. B23 to create space. Bats out AT ALL TIMES, even one. Im usually half decent at making a read on when they want to jump in so I'll sky grapple into combo, or air MB batarangs to bounce and b3 combo. Big character, easy to crossup j2, just dont get greedy with it, they are waiting to air grab you. And he's deceptively faster than I thought. Anyone else with more doomsday matchup exp?

GGA Jeremiah

Loth Ryo

of house Ryo krypton
ok so for batman.....ya, tough. I run away when his trait is active, it seems like it goes on for ever. B23 to create space. Bats out AT ALL TIMES, even one. Im usually half decent at making a read on when they want to jump in so I'll sky grapple into combo, or air MB batarangs to bounce and b3 combo. Big character, easy to crossup j2, just dont get greedy with it, they are waiting to air grab you. And he's deceptively faster than I thought. Anyone else with more doomsday matchup exp?

GGA Jeremiah
Any dope punishes for his tele jump?