What's new

Match-up Discussion Batman Match-Up Discussion

Unfortunately I have never played against Batman yet, weird right? I have no idea on the MU. Maaaaannnnn I would have been free to w1nter warz if we would have fought at Toryuken.
lol, just block low except for his overheads and don't jump in on batman when he has trait. There I just told you how to handle the average batman lawl.

so ive discovered you can actually punish b23. chars with a fast foward dash like supes can dash foward right after the overhead of b23 avoiding the explosion and putting u close enough to batman to hit him. epic fail. my char has so many holes in his blockstrings ><. grrrr lol wont help us in any matchup

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Do you guys think nightwing is a bad match up for bats?
I've played some really good ones but never felt "outgunned" by them, rather just outplayed by those that would beat me. Tools for tools, seems even so far. Time will tell. Btw ggs yesterday, despite lag. Nice use of b23 I gotta do that more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Do any of you here want to pratice online? My psn is resevil67. I need to get more used to this input lag, im coming from tekken tag 2 which had a tremendously good netcode, lol =).

xQUANTUMx

Do any of you here want to pratice online? My psn is resevil67. I need to get more used to this input lag, im coming from tekken tag 2 which had a tremendously good netcode, lol =).
not at my ps (@ work), but add me dude, Im down

N.B. my mic is down. Need to buy a new one.

blues686

Black lantern
I've played some really good ones but never felt "outgunned" by them, rather just outplayed by those that would beat me. Tools for tools, seems even so far. Time will tell. Btw ggs yesterday, despite lag. Nice use of b23 I gotta do that more

Yea ggs! B23 is awesome for applying pressure. We should play some more. Get that mirror match practice in ( even though i hate mirror matches cant avoid them for ever lol)

xQUANTUMx

Yea ggs! B23 is awesome for applying pressure. We should play some more. Get that mirror match practice in ( even though i hate mirror matches cant avoid them for ever lol)
Defs. Send me a FR and ill add u 2nite when I get home from work

Sent an add =). Mirrior matches are good practice =). Also if you guys need practice against a nightwing ill play ya. I main both bats and nightwing equally so im as decent with NW as I am with bats

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Man...I am so tired of Superman.

So tired.

What the hell. What in the even hell can we do against this guy? You guess wrong, and take a huge chunk of life. Or, he can get some damage in and use eye lasers to keep you back. Believe me, I've tried dashing in between volleys. Could be net code, but I think either I'm mis-timing it or the window for those fucking beams is really tight. Bats can help, but they only go so far.

Seriously. This guy is an asshole.
I hate you.
I hate Superman.

^ It actually most likley is the netcode. Unlike Tekken Tag 2 or persona 4 arena or hell even SF4, The team at NRS cant make a netcode to save there lives. Mortal Kombat and Injustice are the worst online experience ive had with fighters so far. Im really hoping NRS sends out a patch to fix the netcode a bit cause this is just downright absurd with the input lag in some matches. In TTT2 or P4A online literally feels like offline, but its a different game ingeneral with online and offline in NRS games. Honestly I didnt have a gripe with the online until the patch that just recently came out, i mean it wasnt great but most matches were playable. Since the recent patch with the lobo pack i feel like onlines gone downhill a bit instead of uphill

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Man...I am so tired of Superman.

So tired.

What the hell. What in the even hell can we do against this guy? You guess wrong, and take a huge chunk of life. Or, he can get some damage in and use eye lasers to keep you back. Believe me, I've tried dashing in between volleys. Could be net code, but I think either I'm mis-timing it or the window for those fucking beams is really tight. Bats can help, but they only go so far.

Seriously. This guy is an asshole.
I hate you.
I hate Superman.
Block High, if he goes for his low grab as his combo starter then he won't be doing much damage to you. Least do that online lol You could try to Up Batarang him out of lasers before it even goes by predicting it. And yeah, Bats are really the only thing that don't make me pull my hair out against Supes.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
If anyone also plays on PSN, feel free to add me Ana-R-chY. Currently Batman's my main and always will be, but I can help you guys learn match ups with Bats. I second a lot of characters and can use them fairly well. I can play Green Lantern, Superman, Nightwing, and Bane but lol who needs help against Bane. I'm in the process of learning Catwoman, Green Arrow, and Black Adam. I have a mic too and very easy going. I regularly play against a good Raven, Superman, Doomsday, and Aquaman. My goal is to be prepared for every match up.

Having trouble with Superman. He'll retreat and do lasers all day or air dash mix up into a combo. What options do i have when he's full screen because i always use my bats to get while he can just jump laser to avoid em. I also cannot punish his laser jump because he can do it just fast enough. I wish i could batclaw punish.

^ I always try to save a bar and armor out of those doomsday elbow drops. That tactic works pretty well online. You can also cancel the kick after the armor absorbs the attack by dashing and open him up with an even better combo, cause he is HIGHLY unsafe on the elbow drop. They will chill out with the elbow drop after they get punished on a few of them. Its easy enough to build bar in injustice that you shouldnt have to worry about expending some meter to get him to stop the spam. Worst place to be at by far vs a doomsday is in the corner. He will spam that one attack that hits overhead and low in the same attack to keep you pinned down. You have to read him right and sucessfully wakeup with slide to avoid that. Against the body splash if they keep spamming it, throw out a sky grapple once in a awhile to catch him, and enhance it to make him eat a 35-40% damage combo off of an anti air.

Dooms also has a throw move off of one of his strings. If you read the string right you can poke him out of the throw for a free combo followup. Try to block high more then low vs him, he has a combo starting low but its fairly easy to see coming. His overheads are way more damaging.

But yeah you might eat a few elbows at the very start of the match especially online where its hard to dodge, but once you get some bar you will be fine. In my opinion dooms has the advantage in this matchup especially online, but batman does have the tools to deal with him. If he gets you in the corner and baits out your wakeups though, then its game over. You DONT want to let him get you in a corner, ever.
spending a meter to punish doomsdays fall from the sky is just a waste, its not hard to dash out of and full combo punish, even online. you just have to get the timing right.

Batarang him and bait him into MB supernova and dodge punish. If hes close he might go into body splash then sweep. Use block escape! Itss useful

Mouseke

Noob
What do I do about Green Lantern I play a friend of mine and last night he won 30 matches over 10 against me. He does a decent job of zoning and is all about spamming the lifts and using the low starter that moves GL forward which he lands in a combo or sometimes in a overhead. Any good tips against such player. I've read this whole thread and found this but I do not understand this.

- Air missle be sure to punish him with b2 EX sky

But b2 is the starter for the b23 string what has it do with punishing the air rocket, I understand when I land EX sky I can fully combo him.
What about release trade when he does a air rocket I heard somewhere when someone does an air move he is always punishable when landing on the ground, same as us whiffing our double jump dive kick and that other one.

- Lantern's might is punishable

Any good strings I thought about forward 23, but I cannot extend that one I believe.

I am really struggling with green lantern as well. Most I play zone the shit out of me and when I approach I am catious but still get caught in one of his lifts. Any tips. Seems like a bad matchup for Bruce.

What do I do about Green Lantern I play a friend of mine and last night he won 30 matches over 10 against me. He does a decent job of zoning and is all about spamming the lifts and using the low starter that moves GL forward which he lands in a combo or sometimes in a overhead. Any good tips against such player. I've read this whole thread and found this but I do not understand this.

- Air missle be sure to punish him with b2 EX sky

But b2 is the starter for the b23 string what has it do with punishing the air rocket, I understand when I land EX sky I can fully combo him.
What about release trade when he does a air rocket I heard somewhere when someone does an air move he is always punishable when landing on the ground, same as us whiffing our double jump dive kick and that other one.

- Lantern's might is punishable

Any good strings I thought about forward 23, but I cannot extend that one I believe.
Latern's might is punishable. You've got to bait him out on doing it and always block low because you can't tech roll from laterns might

I am really struggling with green lantern as well. Most I play zone the shit out of me and when I approach I am catious but still get caught in one of his lifts. Any tips. Seems like a bad matchup for Bruce.
Block Low , Crossover heaps. Don't jump or he'll laterns might you

What do you use as a punisher, what do you mean by crossover heaps, do you mean cross him up when I can ?
I do B113 , 11 then up batclaw for hard knockdown so then he cant tech roll away from me and then crossup into 112 , J2 , 223 , B3 , B23. also they might do overhead missiles , you'll just have to learn to block that but after every laterns might knockdown always crouch or else you'll get double punished.