What's new

Match-up Discussion Batman Match-Up Discussion

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I believe his batarangs beat his armor moves, I know they beat all of Bane's armor even at level 3 venom. Be careful with jump ins because of his AA grab but you could try faking a jump in with his scatter bombs. Scatter bombs feel under rated imo, they cause a nice hard knockdown which lets you set up pressure and it beats a good amount of air normals. You can also use the scatter bombs to delay your landing if your afraid of those hands from the earth Grundy summons. Hope this helps
Scatter bombs is not a hard knock down, they can tech roll.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
I like your strategy about throwing the grapple out with the Bats still on as protection in the case its blocked. I'd like to play against you online if your on Xbox 360. Welcome to the boards. I'm fairly new as well but its a great community here.
I'm on PSN, unfortunately though. And yeah I started using that because I noticed a lot of ranked players like to play the lame game and I'd be on one side of the screen with bats out then I realized he could send the bats after a grapple. But there is an odd glitch I found, if the last bat hits after the grapple reaches them, then Batman will fall out of the combo literally. lol

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
One of the things that is personally bothering me is it seems so many characters have moves that they can just abuse vs Batman if he doesn't have bats out. IE green lanterns lift - shazams superman - flashs superman (sorry i dont know the official move names yet). Sometimes 113 punishes both Shazams and flashes, sometimes they don't reach and since the first 1 can be ducked if it whiffs you just get poked into a combo..... As a Reptile player it just annoys me. I went from playing a character who had great reach but the slowest normals but was able to punish pretty much everything with his dash and now I have a 6 frame normal and I can't even use it and can constantly be checked with unsafe moves from almost any distance but point blank. While Batmans trait is very good its going to get very frustrating since I feel like the strat vs him is to see bats = run away, no bats = pressure the shit out of him. The bat rotation is critical to his gameplay.

Lab sessions must needed lol
Its just being unfamilar with stuff being week 2 and all, letting people use unsafe moves. Won't be as big as a problem once youre used to the punish timing/spacing

You can punish things either at a decent range (GL lift outside jab range) or things with pushback (like flashes torpedo) with F2 xx Straight grapple. It's much like using F2 xx forceball with reptile ;)

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
This is off topic, but I'm noticing a lot of you Batman players also used Reptile lol is there a reason for this? I played MK9 but only casually.

RapZiLLa54

Its just being unfamilar with stuff being week 2 and all, letting people use unsafe moves. Won't be as big as a problem once youre used to the punish timing/spacing

You can punish things either at a decent range (GL lift outside jab range) or things with pushback (like flashes torpedo) with F2 xx Straight grapple. It's much like using F2 xx forceball with reptile ;)

haha yea. b2 actually reaches on flashes torpedo for a little more damage.

But yea I need to eliminate 11 and 22 as anything other than punishers. More f3, b23 and b11

RapZiLLa54

This is off topic, but I'm noticing a lot of you Batman players also used Reptile lol is there a reason for this? I played MK9 but only casually.
idk I guess a lot of Reptile fans are big batman fans. I'm a tremendous Batman fanboy so regardless of how good or bad he was he'd be by main just like Reptile lol

dust.

Noob
I'm on PSN, unfortunately though. And yeah I started using that because I noticed a lot of ranked players like to play the lame game and I'd be on one side of the screen with bats out then I realized he could send the bats after a grapple. But there is an odd glitch I found, if the last bat hits after the grapple reaches them, then Batman will fall out of the combo literally. lol
BTW this doesn't sound like a glitch. Sounds like the bats are just interrupting the grapple and cancelling it out.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
BTW this doesn't sound like a glitch. Sounds like the bats are just interrupting the grapple and cancelling it out.
I only called it a glitch cause of the way Batman's body reacts when it happens, he literally bounces off the ground like someone swept his legs out lol

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
idk I guess a lot of Reptile fans are big batman fans. I'm a tremendous Batman fanboy so regardless of how good or bad he was he'd be by main just like Reptile lol
I used Reptile back in the day with MK 2, and UMK3. I've also used a variation of the names at times on message boards. Orion came from the Japanese anime Grandizer that I watched as a kid (back in the 1980s). The main character was named Orion Quest.

But I'm also a Batman fanboy as well. I knew when Injustice was announced he'd be one of my mains.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Went from Scorpion to Batman ... no real correlation there I think.

But my main in GG^C+ was Order Sol, and I can see a lot of similarities between HOS and Bats gameplay-wise.

EDIT: Also, on a unelated note, it seems like there is no such thing as a hard knockdown in this game according to practice mode. Was actually expecting sweep and MB Batarang to have untechable knockdowns. Have not tested it with B112 yet.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Those were the two people I played most in MK9 too lol, I'm a Bat fanboy myself though so I had to pick Bats. I'm also maining/seconding Green Lantern/Nightwing/Bane and I plan to learn Black Adam.
No kidding. I got supes and GL in mah poketz

Add me bro, you're on psn right? Same as my tym handle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

don't know if i just don't have enough experience in the mu, but aquaman is looking like bat man's worst mu. that trait is a problem

dust.

Noob
Yeah his trait is frustrating but try to launch and air juggle whenever he activates trait. The trait doesn't work when he's getting hit in the air. Also, jumping against Aquaman is not a great idea since his d2 is amazing.

yeah i know. he just seems to have that trait any time i touch him. it really seems like he has the advantage in this mu. and he isn't too easy to touch in the first place because of the range of his attacks vs batmans t rex arms. batmans f2 and back 1 has some range though. and also jumping on him is always not a good idea. but when you finally do open him up, he has that trait. and it sucks. i feel like im working over time to win while aquaman is just sitting there being a cunt. i really feel like aquaman has the advantage. maybe i just need more experience in this mu.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I believe his batarangs beat his armor moves, I know they beat all of Bane's armor even at level 3 venom.
Um... Level 3 venom Bane would be immune to your rangs, he is immune to most everything actually. Its the only thing we have to protect us :oops:
You must've fought some pretty bad Banes in your time, we are a... dying breed :(

Anyways if you guys have any questions or need any elseworld commentary on the Bane/Batman MU, feel free to tag me and I'll answer any questions and whatnot you might have. :cool:

Um... Level 3 venom Bane would be immune to your rangs, he is immune to most everything actually.
You must've fought some pretty bad Banes in your time, we are a... dying breed :(

Anyways if you guys have any questions or need any elseworld commentary on the Bane/Batman MU, feel free to tag me and I'll answer any questions and whatnot you might have. :cool:
batman has 0.99 problems and bane isn't one of them :p lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
batman has 0.99 problems and bane isn't one of them :p lol
I've met many people who say the same thing about Bane, then they realize the huge problem in the room of "what do I do now?"
Its better to know and be safe, than assume and be broken in half for 71%. I'm just saying if you need anything though lemme know. Any information is good information, after all.