What's new

Strategy Batgirl Pressure and Mixup thread.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I use batarangs, and i try and space with b1 bit, im playing offline now so ill let you guys know what i figure out

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
If people are AAing you smoke bomb in the air and whiff punish them. Once they respect that you can get free jump ins. You can also charge bola and dash cancel forward while they are still thinking about blocking.
Very risky, but godly against the guys who know they can AA every time like Aquaman. I like this.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
How are you guys handling d+1 mashers? I find it hard to do anything to them right now as her mix-ups are quite slower than d+1s. I suppose f+21 xx BF3, but you can d+1 between the f+21 and BF3 on block. Wish her DB2 had accurate frame data!

Something useful I found for turning someone elses aggressiveness against them is to land a bola, b3-j3-113 and then immediately fire off antoher bola. the 113 string knocks them across screen and if they so much as try to sneeze on wakeup WITHOUT tech rolling the bola catches them. This sets you up for a free MB smoke bomb AND corner advantage in most cases, which will lead to even stronger mixups if you apply the vortex after MB smoke bomb.

I tested it in training mode by putting the dummy to jump forward and knocking him back with 113, it cant be jumped out of so they eat the bola for trying to escape.

In the event they tech roll and jump over the initial bola just smoke bomb them on their second jump attempt once the bola whiffs

UPDATE: If they j3 into 113 keeps whiffing due to strict timing, sub it with j3 into 2db2u. work the same and still offers enough cushion to catch that second jump attempt should the bola whiff due to tech roll

What are you guys doing in neutral game? Im most of the time jumping to get in and getting bopped for it, what strings are you guys using to get in?
I've personally have been using the B12 string to get in. I'm also going to start mixing in the B2D3. From far away I'll do the DB31 to close the gap and when they catch on to that I'll drop the occassional smoke bomb to throw them off. Throw in some dashing and you are getting in nicely.

joec0x

Noob
anyone figure out some good strings to open the opponent up for a bola? all ive got is b2 d3 xxbola but if they block once they're hit the bola wont catch them

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
A nice trick posted in another thread, pick the plaza stage with the robot car. If you activate the car then do a DD3 it's really, really difficult to get out of for the opponent. Right now it's my preferred stage for her.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
yue guise shud also use 12B3 as enders for the vortex +57 on hit and it doesn't poke them out of range like 111 and B2D3 does.

wut about her 212 string?
The whole point of the vortex is that the opponent can't reversal in any way, and you are in fact in range for the 50/50 after 111. Going for a knockdown, unless there's cross-up trickery to be had, is bad for oki in this case. I believe it's 11 that pushes them out pretty badly, so you might be getting that.

Its so good! When you have power knuckles out you can chip them like crazy. 2 is -3 21 is +2 while 212 is only -4 but dont forget you can link any special after 212. It becomes a guessing game for them when to poke out. At anytime you can throw out a special to combo them or a d1~Redemption that will combo or at the very least be +1 on block, if youre feeling lucky you can throw out your low/OH starters.

212 is all mid. Also you cannot poke out of 21~Redemption unless you are very much on point. 21, d1 becomes a frame trap. Its about conditioning them and making the right reads.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I've personally have been using the B12 string to get in. I'm also going to start mixing in the B2D3. From far away I'll do the DB31 to close the gap and when they catch on to that I'll drop the occassional smoke bomb to throw them off. Throw in some dashing and you are getting in nicely.
b2d3 is so good. everyone should be using it period. it hits overhead to low is +30 on hit and sets up the vortex for free. at the end of someone's life bar b2d3 into ffMB for the overhead cancel literally has never been blocked right against me so far and has finished so many matches when i've had 2 bars available.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
b2d3 is so good. everyone should be using it period. it hits overhead to low is +30 on hit and sets up the vortex for free. at the end of someone's life bar b2d3 into ffMB for the overhead cancel literally has never been blocked right against me so far and has finished so many matches when i've had 2 bars available.
b2d3 also give you a safe jump, only superman can get out with super and parries void because of a jumpin, so b2d3 cross up immediatly on hit and if you do it early it jails on the same side you hitso its a vortex with a cross up as well. posting video soon.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
how bad is b2d3 on block?

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
212 is all mid. Also you cannot poke out of 21~Redemption unless you are very much on point. 21, d1 becomes a frame trap. Its about conditioning them and making the right reads.
Yeah, it's true 21 is a mid, sorry about that ... I could have sworn when I was testing it, it was a high. My eyes need checking.

21 xx BF3 is actually tight enough you can't mash it with anything outside of Super.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
This is true, I've been using b+2d+3 more than b+2u+3, but as a mix-up I'm wondering what's to stop someone from fuzzy guarding high/low if they choose to block the vortex high? You still get the 50/50 initially but I think the low hitting is essentially just match-up inexperience right now, unless you go for like b+2 xx DB2D (which would be confirmed into DB2U into corner combo).

I don't know, just thinking out loud. I do agree it's worth the bar to go for that mix-up right now, both b+2d+3 xx BF3 MB and b+2d+3 xx MB f+3.

Well this is the pressure and mixup thread, b2, pause, b2,d3. Maybe b2, pause, b1 or b2~Redemption or b2, pause, Flying Bat. Batgirl literally has so many options. She forces you to hold block for that extra that lets you get in all kinds of extra moves you wouldnt otherwise be able to.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
You can literally use any string that's negative which I posted, and end in BF3, which will make it +1. Keep in mind that if you're against a KF/Batman they will parry you every time.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Options vs parry? Smoke Bomb, Babs Bola, Low, and throws?
Actually, if you think they're going to parry you on a negative move, you can just do smokebomb I think and it'd work, I'll have to test it.

I started using her B12 like Superman's F23, I'll do a string, back up a bit to bait something, and do it. It works wonders.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
You can literally use any string that's negative which I posted, and end in BF3, which will make it +1. Keep in mind that if you're against a KF/Batman they will parry you every time.
Just be careful - most of her strings leave a large gap between the final normal and BF3. I tested it out yesterday by having Lex reversal BF2 (6F start-up) against all her cancelable strings, and in many cases he whacked her handily before she got too close. Only 21 xx BF3 is a true frame trap in that regard (and b+2d+3 and some strings, which may go hand in hand with what DAH was suggesting above with b+2 > further mix-up, since you can't try to punish it without getting hit by b+2d+3).

I am right now testing against reversal Sword Flip (8F), which to me will dictate which of her strings are most able to be used and get away with.