What's new

Strategy Batgirl Pressure and Mixup thread.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Just be careful - most of her strings leave a large gap between the final normal and BF3. I tested it out yesterday by having Lex reversal BF2 (6F start-up) against all her cancelable strings, and in many cases he whacked her handily before she got too close. Only 21 xx BF3 is a true frame trap in that regard (and b+2d+3, which may go hand in hand with what DAH was suggesting above with b+2 > further mix-up, since you can't try to punish it without getting hit by b+2d+3).

I am right now testing against reversal Sword Flip (8F), which to me will dictate which of her strings are most able to be used and get away with.

Yeah you're exactly right. I've just been practicing whatever vs Zaf, just to get a feel for how she's played in matches. We'll most likely get away with free pressure like that if people don't know about the gap, but it'll be figured out quick.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Just tested it.

b+1 xx BF3 is a BLOCK STRING and combo on hit, this might actually be better than b+12 in most cases and gives her a great footsie tool since she basically gets a frame trap after BF3.
21 xx BF3 is a frame trap, can't interrupt.
12 xx BF3 has about a 7F gap, just barely stops Deathstroke's SF, too bad it starts on a high.

Everything else gets raped by mashing.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
I'd say from my experience J3 is her jump-in of choice by and large. She gets enough frame advantage on block to easily get an air-tight b+1 or b+2, no escape possible. J2 gives this but you have to hit really, really deep, though I'd say J2 is one of the best A2A jumping normals in the game.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
what are all batgirls resets?
Do you mean the mix-ups after 111 or ways into the reset?

Mix-ups = mainly b+1 (b+1 xx BF3, b+12) or b+2 (b+2u+3 or b+2d+3 xx BF3). You can take a step further and do f+3, which is blockable on reaction but will hit its fair share of times, or you could dash and throw when they're caught off guard.

Ways into it = any combo into d+2 xx BF1 > J2 > 111. The most common routes into this are something > b+3 > J3 > d+2 etc, or something xx DF2 MB > d+2 etc

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Do you mean the mix-ups after 111 or ways into the reset?

Mix-ups = mainly b+1 (b+1 xx BF3, b+12) or b+2 (b+2u+3 or b+2d+3 xx BF3). You can take a step further and do f+3, which is blockable on reaction but will hit its fair share of times, or you could dash and throw when they're caught off guard.

Ways into it = any combo into d+2 xx BF1 > J2 > 111. The most common routes into this are something > b+3 > J3 > d+2 etc, or something xx DF2 MB > d+2 etc
wait, how do u use f3 in the mix ups? are u talking about the 2 bar meterburn version?

from the sound of this....Batgirl sounds like scorpion on crack >.>

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
wait, how do u use f3 in the mix ups? are u talking about the 2 bar meterburn version?

from the sound of this....Batgirl sounds like scorpion on crack >.>
You can use it right after 111 and it will be in range. Yes, you can also do something like b+2d+3 xx MB f+3 for a high/low/high.

Main reason it can work in the reset is it counters an opponent attempting to fuzzy guard b+2d+3 via blocking high into low by default, regardless of your actions.

Celerity

Lab Monster
Just tested it.

b+1 xx BF3 is a BLOCK STRING and combo on hit, this might actually be better than b+12 in most cases and gives her a great footsie tool since she basically gets a frame trap after BF3.
21 xx BF3 is a frame trap, can't interrupt.
12 xx BF3 has about a 7F gap, just barely stops Deathstroke's SF, too bad it starts on a high.

Everything else gets raped by mashing.
Based on this, can we conclude that the frame data is wrong and BF3's startup is actually ~17F?

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
is b2d3 x bf3 a true blockstring, though, or can it be interrupted? bf3 has a pretty long start up
None of it is a block-string depending on if the opponent was standing or crouching, and the delay between d+3 xx BF3 is very large.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
is b2d3 x bf3 a true blockstring, though, or can it be interrupted? bf3 has a pretty long start up
At work so I cant test, but I'm pretty sure it's interruptable. This is a string I usually use only once a match to shake things up a bit.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
A nice trick posted in another thread, pick the plaza stage with the robot car. If you activate the car then do a DD3 it's really, really difficult to get out of for the opponent. Right now it's my preferred stage for her.
Plaza? Are you referring to the floating car in Metropolis?

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Yep, Hall of Justice's "Plaza" section. You can easily get a 40% combo if the car/tank hits and you juggle with DD3, and unless the opponent has a move with multiple pieces of armor or some air special it seems pretty damn hard to avoid getting hit by one or both of them.

Thinking the same thing, just wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, haha

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Im starting to have more success off solid frame traps. 21, f212 / 21, d1~Redemption / 21, 111. All these leave you with the ability to confirm into a combo if they get hit by the frame trap. Once they respect these you can go into other mind games with your strings, just be creative and remember you gotta throw out that Redemption or Flying Bat to let them know they could get blown up at any second for trying to poke out.

Also starting to like using 3 on block because it spaces you enough to where people want to jump in on you which allows you to use smoke bomb if you have good reactionary skills or flying bat for a definite punish. You also have many options after a 3 but only Bat Wheel and MB Batarang is a guaranteed.

Characters who dont have 6f normals or specials are gonna have a helluva time stopping Batgirl up close when the game evolves I think.

tax

Noob
hi all, i didn't see a matchup thread so i thought i'd share this here instead: aquaman with trait activated will always be able to block the 2nd hit of b12 or b2u3 even if the first hit connects... so essentially there's no mixup. any thoughts on how to overcome this?

Aquaman can also trait during the bola as well and be able to block any follow up. Might be a bad MU for her because of this. Fortunately her mixup starters are safe on block and even +1 on block if you use Redemption.

EDIT: You could do b2 into Throw since they expect the b2u3 or b2d3. Fighting Aquaman it may be beneficial going into some pressure strings instead of her OH/Low starters.