What's new

Strategy Batgirl Pressure and Mixup thread.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
unfortunately doing a j2 after bola into 50/50 still won't work as aquaman's trait will last long enough for him to be able to block the second hit of b12 and b2u3 (assuming he activates it only after he gets hit by bola).

also, shouldn't aquaman be able to block b3 after bola if he activates trait upon getting hit by bola?

i really am not a fan of this match-up.
No, he can't block the b3, but it ends the vortex. From B3 you can go JI3, D3,db2 but you can't continue your vortex. You can also grab but I think you get more damage off the B3.

Celerity

Lab Monster
unfortunately doing a j2 after bola into 50/50 still won't work as aquaman's trait will last long enough for him to be able to block the second hit of b12 and b2u3 (assuming he activates it only after he gets hit by bola).

also, shouldn't aquaman be able to block b3 after bola if he activates trait upon getting hit by bola?

i really am not a fan of this match-up.
(Correcting myself) ah yeah, it looks like he can't trait out if you use Bola after a launcher, although he can do it out of a raw Bola. As for the matchup itself...

He basically nullifies everything Batgirl does except for Smoke Bomb, but you can still zone him semi-effectively using hit-and-run tactics, and try to force him into the corner. Once he's in the corner, his trait won't help him as much. Other than that, you pretty much just have to rely on long blockstrings, frametraps, and MB special moves to get your damage, and only use B2 sparingly or inside of vortex.

Oh, on that note, I've been trying to practice hitconfirming B2 into U3 so I can enjoy the +0 on block when it fails. The window is a lot longer than a lot of strings, so it's definitely possible, but very difficult. Let me know if you guys have any luck witht his, it could be a really useful technique especially vs characters who can punish B2U3.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
(Correcting myself) ah yeah, it looks like he can't trait out if you use Bola after a launcher, although he can do it out of a raw Bola. As for the matchup itself...

He basically nullifies everything Batgirl does except for Smoke Bomb, but you can still zone him semi-effectively using hit-and-run tactics, and try to force him into the corner. Once he's in the corner, his trait won't help him as much. Other than that, you pretty much just have to rely on long blockstrings, frametraps, and MB special moves to get your damage, and only use B2 sparingly or inside of vortex.

Oh, on that note, I've been trying to practice hitconfirming B2 into U3 so I can enjoy the +0 on block when it fails. The window is a lot longer than a lot of strings, so it's definitely possible, but very difficult. Let me know if you guys have any luck witht his, it could be a really useful technique especially vs characters who can punish B2U3.
I can kinda do it offline, but not online. The window is slightly more lenient then some other strings (but it's still very tight).

Celerity

Lab Monster
I can kinda do it offline, but not online. The window is slightly more lenient then some other strings (but it's still very tight).
I figure it's viable at least if you see them crouching after pressing B2. Off of a vortex though, I can't really do it.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I figure it's viable at least if you see them crouching after pressing B2. Off of a vortex though, I can't really do it.
True, vortex is muscle memory programmed into me and hit confirming that shiz is not gonna happen. Although I could try and re-programme lol.

astronout

see you at the top.
Against Aquaman's trait, You can also do crossup J3, D3 for the hard knockdown shenannigans/ambiguous crossup.
I've played Tom Brady a lot looking for ways around aquaman's trait and can confirm that crossup j3 is nullified by pushblocking. However, if you're willing to spend 2 bars, you can mb through his pushblock with FF3.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
End vortex in 12b3, dash in for cross-up. pretty ambigous if they don't know which side
Just another mix-up option, nothing too major. :)

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
i might be playing it wrong, but i think batgirl really can't deal with the whole f23/ice breath craziness due to her slow normals and high-risk reversal move (flying bat).
I was playing casuals with a buddy of mine yesterday and he plays Superman. I was able to sneak in a D3 after blocked F2, 3. I don't know if it's because my buddy was too slow or what, but it worked for me. Also, Bat Evade works ok. IMO Batgirl eliminates Superman's bullcrap shenanigans to a large degree, hence this is a good match-up for her. 5-5 at worst.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I was playing casuals with a buddy of mine yesterday and he plays Superman. I was able to sneak in a D3 after blocked F2, 3. I don't know if it's because my buddy was too slow or what, but it worked for me. Also, Bat Evade works ok. IMO Batgirl eliminates Superman's bullcrap shenanigans to a large degree, hence this is a good match-up for her. 5-5 at worst.
Reversal bat evade is the way to go IMO. It's a free out of any f23 pressure as long as you're not in the corner.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
How would you describe this character's mid-game? Been scanning this thread, trying to think of ways to pressure/play footsies instead of just going for vortexes everytime.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So far, my thinking is B1 into BF3, D1 into BF3(You can MB both for vortex), J2 crossups, F212 or F21 into Cartwheel options. Is there all there is? What about characters that can parry cartwheel?

I feel like Batgirl's pressure is meant to force mistakes/ bait into vortex set-ups. I played on BG on PSN that ended a lot of strings with the Flying Bat move(I think the notation is DF2). Is this safe on block? Lots of batwheel usage mid-screen and jumping as well.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
So far, my thinking is B1 into BF3, D1 into BF3(You can MB both for vortex), J2 crossups, F212 or F21 into Cartwheel options. Is there all there is? What about characters that can parry cartwheel?

I feel like Batgirl's pressure is meant to force mistakes/ bait into vortex set-ups. I played on BG on PSN that ended a lot of strings with the Flying Bat move(I think the notation is DF2). Is this safe on block? Lots of batwheel usage mid-screen and jumping as well.
You definitely don't want to end combos with df2. There are better enders for damage/positioning/frame advantage.

VOR

Noob

That's most of it. The jumping and batwheel usage is to make up for the fact that her midrange game is not as strong as certain characters. One thing i've been trying to do more is hit confirming 11. On hit you can do 111 for a free raw vortex and on block you can for 11u23 to be at +1. I think anything into bf3 is interrputable, but if you have someone scared into blocking (which you should because of the threat of d1 batwheel) you'll be at +1. Her pressure is meant to open people up.

You definitely don't want to end combos with df2. There are better enders for damage/positioning/frame advantage.

It sucks for damage, but it gives the most hit advantage of all of her specials except cartwheel side kick.

Cartwheel side kick knocks them across the screen though.

I'm still working on alternative mixups outside of vortex.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
It sucks for damage, but it gives the most hit advantage of all of her specials except cartwheel side kick.

Cartwheel side kick knocks them across the screen though.

I'm still working on alternative mixups outside of vortex.
They only reason it gives you a ton of hit advantage is because it is a launcher. If you end a combo with it you really don't have that much advantage because you have to wait to recover from the move itself too. I really don't think it is a good idea.

If d1 is blocked bf3 can be interrupted.
He's saying B1 not D1. B1->BF3 is a blockstring.

They only reason it gives you a ton of hit advantage is because it is a launcher. If you end a combo with it you really don't have that much advantage because you have to wait to recover from the move itself too. I really don't think it is a good idea.

Advantage is calculated as the difference from when you recover to when they recover. So if BF3 didn't knock people so far away, I'm sure Batgirl would be punished for it.

I'm pretty sure the number is also not considering tech rolling, which changes numbers by a fair amount.

Even still, there are alternate ways to finish her combos to get better setups. BF3 and DB2U just knock them hella far.

Midscreen DB2D at least gives you a jump in opportunity.

Why is superman a bad matchup for batgirl? He can't air dash or air laser without eating a smoke bomb.
Superman can't even regular laser against batgirl.. A trick I use on distance is to spam d, until they do something, and press 3 for smokebomb. You can react to loads of zoning moves in the game, including doomsdays MB "teleport", supermans lasers, Grundys zombie hands, Batmans batarang, Marsian manhunters teleports (and the projectile from the sky), Nightwings spark (not in staff mode) etc etc. So in theory you're totally removing these characters zoning ability. Forcing them to get up close :) Never seen anyone using this tactic, but it is amazing. Im owning up every Superman there is online because of it. And I agree with the guy saying Black Adam is a great partner for Batgirl, they cover about half the cast each in terms of matchups. Another similar tactic is to jump backwards to avoid the faster zoning tools, and always buffer dd mid air so u can react with 3 if they whiff. Not as effective as standing still and spaming d, you need to have some luck with the jumping version, but it is an option..