What's new

General/Other Batgirl confirmed in Xbox Live Downloadable Content Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neclord

Noob
See - and this is what most of you guys defending NRS with ur lives, like they give a shit about you or me think about. Thinking with ur dicks not your brains ^^
Have fun jerking off - i wonder how i can turn the notifications of this thread off coz it's not worth the bother - anyone?

I just deal with it. I played enough games in my life to realise, that some things won't change. You know, developers want to make money and sometimes you just have to respect their decisions. Besides, I like the game, I am happy with the 24 characters we have in the game. Enjoyed over 200 or 300 matches online already and I will still play it for some time. The only dlc character I will buy is Batgirl.

If Batgirl didn't make it and it would be Black Canary or Powergirl instead, I would be fine with their decision as well, because I like the game already and I know they would do their best to make every character unique and fun.

You guys may hate the inclusion of Batgirl now, but who knows, some of you might main her in the end. :p

tazzmission

Banned
I just deal with it. I played enough games in my life to realise, that some things won't change. You know, developers want to make money and sometimes you just have to respect their decisions. Besides, I like the game, I am happy with the 24 characters we have in the game. Enjoyed over 200 or 300 matches online already and I will still play it for some time. The only dlc character I will buy is Batgirl.

If Batgirl didn't make it and it would be Black Canary or Powergirl instead, I would be fine with their decision as well, because I like the game already and I know they would do their best to make every character unique and fun.

You guys may hate the inclusion of Batgirl now, but who knows, some of you might main her in the end. :p
i can flat out say i wont use her hell i dont even use batman

big deal she has tits and ass instead of drooling over a pixelled chick go out and get yourself a real one

jordan ezman

Hail Jordan
Considering I have a lot of likes on my posts, maybe multiple people think you guys are dipshits and I'm actually not the problem here. Like I said, stupid people can't help themselves and now I feel like a bully. Your throwing rocks at a man w/a machine gun, this is only going to get worse for you so I'm sorry. Really, I am. You may now go back to your mindless ranting you won't have me quoting your posts anymore or pointing out crystal clear logic to you anymore. Carry on

Dude, get over the hard on you have for yourself. You act like ppl liking posts is the ultimate form of approval. I bet for every one like you have, you have 5 quotes on how fucking stupid you sound/are, how much you love hearing yourself talk and think your the smartest person ever. I see a lot of quotes calling you out on how fucking retarded you are, how no on likes you, and how you should go leave and get on with your old, sad, depressing thing you call a life. P.S. i bet your wife is ugly judging how fucking pathetic you are. Go choke on her over sized hemorrhoids.

tazzmission

Banned
Fan service isn't gonna bring in sales that a big name would and a villain from an unproven movie may not generate the sales of a big name.
lobo will since he has a cult following. now zod can go either way based on how man of steel does at the movies and fans

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Freddy outsold a CoD map IIRC, there was no second round for MK9. Also, if the idea is to generate as many sales as possible for more DLC then why is Zod/Lobo here?
At least you seem to be a smart guy so I don't mind debating w/you

NRS needs to have a careful balance of making money and pleasing hardcore fans (IMO). I think (keyword, my opinion, I think) Batgirl is a recognizable name, especially among the female demographic and she would be downloaded (or expected to be) a lot. Lobo, however, is much more suited to the hardcore audience as well as somebody like MMH. I think the entire roster did a great job of having recognizable chars as well as pleasing hardcore fans

FuryofFrog

the Neon Night Rider
The difference is that they said eventually there was only going to be 4 dlc characters for MK9.

With Injustice (on the front page even) is confirmation is that Ed Boon doesn't really know how many DLC characters will be made in total and that he is probably counting on a positive response to make such a thing happen.

Also in regards to character choice, its obvious that Lobo/Zod/Batgirl were internal choices due to developer love, movies, and pressure from WB. Poll had no factor so perhaps in the future we may get a second round.

tazzmission

Banned
Considering I have a lot of likes on my posts, maybe multiple people think you guys are dipshits and I'm actually not the problem here. Like I said, stupid people can't help themselves and now I feel like a bully. Your throwing rocks at a man w/a machine gun, this is only going to get worse for you so I'm sorry. Really, I am. You may now go back to your mindless ranting you won't have me quoting your posts anymore or pointing out crystal clear logic to you anymore. Carry on

Mikayel: Show me the post where I said I like Batgirl please. If you are going to argue w/people at least have your facts straight. I've listed very solid reasons why she makes sense in the game. I don't plan to buy her no like her but I'm smart enough to see NRS needs to make money as well
big deal if you have alot of likes it dosent change the fact you are being a asshole with a idiotic agenda

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
At least you seem to be a smart guy so I don't mind debating w/you

NRS needs to have a careful balance of making money and pleasing hardcore fans (IMO). I think (keyword, my opinion, I think) Batgirl is a recognizable name, especially among the female demographic and she would be downloaded (or expected to be) a lot. Lobo, however, is much more suited to the hardcore audience as well as somebody like MMH. I think the entire roster did a great job of having recognizable chars as well as pleasing hardcore fans

Lobo is one to appease hardcore fans and that's it (as far as DLC apparently) with three casuals (including Zod as it's a MoS tie-in thing). If they're trying to maximize profits for a potential second round of DLC then they should have the most well-known or recognizable people that casuals will buy: Lobo/Zod are wild horses; Batgirl, again, is not gonna bring in a significant amount more than Martian Manhunter; Scorpion will sell.

lobo will since he has a cult following. now zod can go either way based on how man of steel does at the movies and fans
"Cult following" does not equal great sells.

NRS are geniuses when it comes to marketing. Scorpion will keep the MK players in once the capcom/namco crowds drop this game in a month or two. He will be the only chaarcter in the game with a block button. Zod will promote the new Superman movie. Lobo is promoting Rob Zombies venemous rat regeneration vendor , I'm sure ed boon and zombie hang out or someone at wb/nrs are huge zombie fans, and batgirl will bring in millions of dollars in sales. Geniuses

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
im honestly more surprised that people are defending and supporting NRS more than i am about the poor DLC choices, i mean they knew what the fans wanted and ignored that plus these arent even the characters who would sale the most so that cant be the reason but the worst part is they teased power girl they teased martian manhunter they even had a damn silhouette for the guy then said nope you get zod and scorpion 2 people nobody asked for, same with Batgirl. i mean people like those characters sure but everyone has fans hell theres a guy here hellbent on starro being playable (no offense just using an example). this is just them using who they wanted to use. maybe dc whispered to nrs that bat characters sell better and man of steel is coming out but Batgirl and Zod could be skins theres no reason for them to take up character slots none at all so people acting like they didnt just shit on and flip off their fans with this is crazy to me, sure its my fault for buying the pass but usually when someone says theyre all about fans and even hints towards thing i kinda think they would do it and not the complete opposite.
the worst part is this is probably the best fighting game ever made but its tainted because of poor character selection....shoulda known better when killer frost showed up.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Lobo is one to appease hardcore fans and that's it (as far as DLC apparently) with three casuals (including Zod as it's a MoS tie-in thing). If they're trying to maximize profits for a potential second round of DLC then they should have the most well-known or recognizable people that casuals will buy: Lobo/Zod are wild horses; Batgirl, again, is not gonna bring in a significant amount more than Martian Manhunter; Scorpion will sell.

"Cult following" does not equal great sells.
I don't think Batgirl will outsell MMH either, but I strongly believe MMH will be one of the last ones announced (this might be NRS's way of keeping people interested and in suspense). At least, I'm hoping cause I really don't like Batgirl nor Scorpion in the game even though I get it

trufenix

bye felicia
Sure, we'll drop it. I'll just end it with this:

People say "the first time I heard about x was through a movie/cartoon and now I'm a huge fan" so why can't this happen for video games?
Can't is a big word. Do I see your scenario happening "some day"? Honestly, I hope and pray. I love games as a medium and as a way of life. But we're not there. Not even close. That'll be the day when IGN has commercials on tv and billboard level pop stars make songs about about lolcat memes. People who know games (especially niche genres like fighters) are already part of (or pretty closely related to) nerd culture. The hypothetical millions who will be exposed to a character through Injustice, are already highly probably to do so by virtue of one of their other obsessions.

Now compare that to your mom, or your cousin, or your kid sister who are going to find out about comics in a big way for the next 2-3 months just because of the movies coming out. Think of all the grandmas and muslims and homeless people who would NEVER enter a comic book store or even consider buying an xbox of their own accord, but won't be able to buy a pack of cigarettes or lottery tickets at a gas station without walking by an endcap full of Iron Man 3 Fruit Snacks or Man of Steel Zebra Cakes.

In short, when it Kratos or Master Chief in your kids cereal bowl, gamers will be ready to swing pop culture.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
NRS are geniuses when it comes to marketing. Scorpion will keep the MK players in once the capcom/namco crowds drop this game in a month or two. He will be the only chaarcter in the game with a block button. Zod will promote the new Superman movie. Lobo is promoting Rob Zombies venemous rat regeneration vendor , I'm sure ed boon and zombie hang out or someone at wb/nrs are huge zombie fans, and batgirl will bring in millions of dollars in sales. Geniuses

MK players will play if they like the game, Scorpion's inclusion will just keep casuals on for another month or so; Yes, he will; I don't even; no she will not. Batgirl would need to sell 200,000 to get a million and that ain't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.