What's new

Tech Batgirl Combo Thread. (Original Thread; Out of Date)

Hey guys. I'm kind of new here, but I just did this Batgirl combo video and I wanted to get the word out. I thought this would be the best place to share. Enjoy!

Primiera yeah damn that one doesnt even cost meter. I just dont like the consistency of f23 but thats just my own problem. How much does this combo up when you add meter into? The more ways to save meter while doing as much damage as possible is the way to go, awesome stuff.

EDIT: That combo is definitely my new BnB cor corner combo. 41 and 40 off the OH/Low mixup starts, practically safe on block and you can throw them in the vortex if you want.

It's the scaling. Both BF1 and DD3 destroy scaling - it's almost worthless compared to doing BF1 > dash > J2 > 111, which does 15%. The main problem with spending meter on a BF1 starter is that you can't go into the vortex (only one BF1 trap per combo) or get good damage outside of corner.

You have to wonder, is 20% + a hard knockdown better than 15% + unstoppable 50/50 reset + saving a meter?
It is if you're full screen because yoU don't have enough time to land a jump 2

Celerity

Lab Monster
Primiera yeah damn that one doesnt even cost meter. I just dont like the consistency of f23 but thats just my own problem. How much does this combo up when you add meter into? The more ways to save meter while doing as much damage as possible is the way to go, awesome stuff.
Read my post, literally one post above yours lol.

I think the optimal version is 45% meterless and 49% with meter, not totally sure.

I just checked it. Good for max damage but I prefer consistency. Batgirl is getting better by the day man. lol. Give me faster startup or safe smoke bomb and Batgirl is OP : D

EDIT: Explored your combo some more, if you do f23, f23, MB~Flying Bat, f23, Bat Wheel Up you lose 1% but its super consistent.

Not sure if this is posted and I can't remember the damage, but I did this high damage combo off of F3 in the corner earlier:

F3, f23,f21,f23~df2 MB, f23, db2u

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I came back to edit. I just never saw up in the other characters I've seen. Forgot she has them in her combos. Thanks for your tolerance.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
How are you guys getting the b3 to hit after MB bf3??
It's pretty easy. Basically you b+3 around the end of her BF3 when it looks like she's still recovering - I land it about 90% of the time offline with this method, it's not bad at all.

SN64

Noob
hey guys found that in the corner u can combo into bola in a juggle using 2,3 instead of d2 for more damage
i did b2u3, 23 bola......then whatever else. just another option :)

I went ahead and played around with this new find, and unfortunately it doesn't seem to be that useful. The idea of getting around the need for d2 and the extra scaling it brings is sound, but the thing here is that the 23 XX Bola only seems to work after either a single b2u3 or a grounded string canceled into bf3~MB.

In the case of the b2u3 starter, you get these options into Bola:

b2u3, 23 XX bf1, j2, 111 (28%)
b2u3, b2u3, d2 XX bf1, j2, 111 (28%)

They both do the same damage, but the old standby actually has easier timing (especially in the corner) than the new find.

For the bf3~MB case, here's some combos and damage numbers:

b2d3 XX bf3~MB, f3, d2 XX bf1, j2, 111 (28%)
b2d3 XX bf3~MB, 23 XX bf1, j2, 111 (28%)
b1 XX bf3~MB, f3, d2 XX bf1, j2, 111 (27%)
b1 XX bf3~MB, 23 XX bf1, j2, 111 (26%)

Again, it's either the same damage or actually 1% worse in the case of the b1 starter. However, one thing the 23 XX Bola variation has going for it in this case is consistency. The f3 in these combos sometimes causes Batgirl to cross over the opponent, meaning the following d2 XX Bola ends up going the other way (out of the corner) unless you delay the d2 long enough for them to bounce back over Batgirl's head. The 23 XX Bola variation doesn't have this issue, at least on medium sized characters like Batman.

The other big knock against 23 XX Bola is that it doesn't work in any of the other corner starter situations. b1 XX db2~u, f21, d2 XX Bola works, but 23 XX Bola doesn't. b12, f23 XX df2~MB, d2 XX bf1 works, but 23 XX Bola doesn't.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
I went ahead and played around with this new find, and unfortunately it doesn't seem to be that useful. The idea of getting around the need for d2 and the extra scaling it brings is sound, but the thing here is that the 23 XX Bola only seems to work after either a single b2u3 or a grounded string canceled into bf3~MB.

They both do the same damage, but the old standby actually has easier timing (especially in the corner) than the new find.

For the bf3~MB case, here's some combos and damage numbers:

b2d3 XX bf3~MB, f3, d2 XX bf1, j2, 111 (28%)
b2d3 XX bf3~MB, 23 XX bf1, j2, 111 (28%)
b1 XX bf3~MB, f3, d2 XX bf1, j2, 111 (27%)
b1 XX bf3~MB, 23 XX bf1, j2, 111 (26%)

Again, it's either the same damage or actually 1% worse in the case of the b1 starter. However, one thing the 23 XX Bola variation has going for it in this case is consistency. The f3 in these combos sometimes causes Batgirl to cross over the opponent, meaning the following d2 XX Bola ends up going the other way (out of the corner) unless you delay the d2 long enough for them to bounce back over Batgirl's head. The 23 XX Bola variation doesn't have this issue, at least on medium sized characters like Batman.

The other big knock against 23 XX Bola is that it doesn't work in any of the other corner starter situations. b1 XX db2~u, f21, d2 XX Bola works, but 23 XX Bola doesn't. b12, f23 XX df2~MB, d2 XX bf1 works, but 23 XX Bola doesn't.
ya i didnt think that it would be anything ground breaking but at least another option and who knows what it can evolve to. Thanks for the testing :)

Celerity

Lab Monster

Actually, neither of those combos is optimal.

B2U3, F23, D2 xx BF1, J2, 111 = 31%
B2U3, B2U3, B2U3. D2 xx BF1, J2, 111 = 33%

I use the former because it's more consistent, but there's really no reason to be using only two reps of B2U3.

I messed around a bit to see if I could get 23 xx Bf1 to connect after F23, it's really close, but I don't think it quite works.