What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane's living MU Chart (v1.06/v.1.07)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
But if you are waiting for the drop kick then you aren't punishing the normal.
What did you not understand from "Wait until he drops down and the phase where he can MB is over where he is STILL punishable"?

Oh and after playing around with the move, I can just D2 to punish you either way with a 35% combo, if you spend the bar you also lose it as well.

Reactions: RYX

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
And again, I can play you online if you want and give you a preview of the matchup.

If it gives you any comfort Joker does not have any strict timed unblockables or even d2 teeth combos online.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What did you not understand from "Wait until he drops down and the phase where he can MB is over where he is STILL punishable"?

Oh and after playing around with the move, I can just D2 to punish you either way with a 35% combo, if you spend the bar you also lose it as well.
Yeah, you did it in the corner where the stagger which makes it safe wasn't a factor. Hence why I said "show me a video of you punishing it at mid-screen".

Also, thats incredibly incredibly doubtful.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah, you did it in the corner where the stagger which makes it safe wasn't a factor. Hence why I said "show me a video of you punishing it at mid-screen".

Also, thats incredibly incredibly doubtful.
I'm not gonna argue if you're not gonna listen, go to training mode and learn the properties of your own character's moves SMH.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm not gonna argue if you're not gonna listen, go to training mode and learn the properties of your own character's moves SMH.
I know the properties of my character's own moves, but you don't and thats why you shouldn't argue. Not because of what you think of you, but because of how little you actually know about Bane.

Charge is -11, yet its completely safe. Know why? Stagger.
VU MB is also mostly safe barring armored responses, why? Stagger, and the fact that if you try to d.2 me you'll still end up eating the dropkick on the way down.

macro

Eezeepeezee
I know the properties of my character's own moves, but you don't and thats why you shouldn't argue. Not because of what you think of you, but because of how little you actually know about Bane.

VU MB is also mostly safe barring armored responses, why? Stagger, and the fact that if you try to d.2 me you'll still end up eating the dropkick on the way down.
Qwark28
Do you need some ice for that burn?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

It wouldn't kill for you to do some research on your own character before misinforming everyone. Here you go, "guru".

Qwark28
Do you need some ice for that burn?
No, do you?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It wouldn't kill for you to do some research on your own character before misinforming everyone. Here you go, "guru".

No, do you?

Good job, you punished a venomless MB uppercut.

You can check your other topic, I made a video of trying to punish a realistic one. You know...
The ones with venom?

Qwark, I'm not arguing at all that there's options against it. If you can show me a d2 mid screen on a venomed one then hey, I'm all for it. But if you're throwing out unvenomed uppercuts then somethings wrong. Of course if can be MBf3/B3 punished, everything Bane does pretty much can haha.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
I've been getting destroyed by ares since the patch. The teleport changes really seem to make things a pain in the ass.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I've been getting destroyed by ares since the patch. The teleport changes really seem to make things a pain in the ass.
You should try using the f.2.d auto-correct, its pretty godlike against his wake-ups and at level 3 its auto-pilot because he can't do anything to stop it.

haketh

Noob
2,2 not whiffing at any range is a godsend for Ares in the footsies battle against Bane, near maxrange it had a habit of whiffing on him of all characters and B1,3 is still an underutilized tool in nuetral for most Ares'. New teleports helpt out a good bit against Bane, makes his oki game not autopilot but the MU is probably still 6-4 Bane IMO.

What changed to make people think Bane loses to Zatanna? I remeber people thinking bane beat her pretty free.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
2,2 not whiffing at any range is a godsend for Ares in the footsies battle against Bane, near maxrange it had a habit of whiffing on him of all characters and B1,3 is still an underutilized tool in nuetral for most Ares'. New teleports helpt out a good bit against Bane, makes his oki game not autopilot but the MU is probably still 6-4 Bane IMO.

What changed to make people think Bane loses to Zatanna? I remeber people thinking bane beat her pretty free.
The fact that his teleports are ares ports on meth, full screen 40% punishes, and fast hitting armor breakers so we can't just go in for free.

Also at level 3, it's pretty much auto-pilot due to the f.2.d auto corrections. Especially if he is cornered and we end it with MB VU- dash back into f.2.d his only
Options are to block or block.

On block its not, not even old superman's super could hit it and that was a 2-frame move.
it is, i got punished by ares super just the other day. as for nrs and its frame data, no doubt, it's about as unreliable as it gets. tym's frame data says ares' super is 14 frames, but who knows how many patches ago that information is from at this point.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
it is, i got punished by ares super just the other day. as for nrs and its frame data, no doubt, it's about as unreliable as it gets. tym's frame data says ares' super is 14 frames, but who knows how many patches ago that information is from at this point.
Where was the charge hitting from? I know it wasn't the front, maybe... A cross-over one that was blocked? If so, yeah pushback might have a little something to do with it but it still provides a lot of blockstun so I dunno. I'd need to test it.

Where was the charge hitting from? I know it wasn't the front, maybe... A cross-over one that was blocked? If so, yeah pushback might have a little something to do with it but it still provides a lot of blockstun so I dunno. I'd need to test it.
it was just a normal frontal charge, nothing tricky. my opponent had saved up super, which is obviously rare for an ares, specifically to punish the charge.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
it was just a normal frontal charge, nothing tricky. my opponent had saved up super, which is obviously rare for an ares, specifically to punish the charge.
But on block? I have to question that one... Lemme try it and Ill get back to you because I remember even 2 framez couldn't hit us and Ares is quite a bit slower.

And

Regardless of how its done, its still too slow. That's off of a blocked cross-up charge AND a normal one on block. Maybe you blocked low on instinct or pressed something afterwards, but as it is Bane is safe after charge from Ares Super.

I'll need to test its block advantage, since it seems that they changed something about it though.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Bane's Charge is -5 on block. It seems Superman super can just-frame punish it. No one else can manage it.

Of course, doing a 123xx charge on block blows that up.

On reversed charge (blocking a cross-up charge off of a b.23 fast stand, for example) its -8 or so. Too fast to punish by Aquaman's super (9 frames) but too slow to avoid the likes of Hawkgirl (7 frames)

Thanks for the test, how bizarre. It's kinda like how I tested Bane v Bane raging charge v raging charge for like half an hour and never saw a single instance of them colliding and bouncing backward, but I later saw that in the one Bane v Bane match I've played in this patch. So I didn't see it despite testing it hundreds of times in training mode, and then I did see it despite only doing three or four simultaneous charges in a real match.

I'm beginning to suspect that this game has the same problem Mortal Kombat did: versus mode and training mode are just different games.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
When your in training mode, its set to a 5 bar connection.
When your online and even in verses, the game has to process more inputs and bandwidth so scenarios like that happen where its compensating for any form of minor lags. Like how in SF4 sometimes even when you jump a fireball its still a hit because the game reads the fireball in your location before it reads the jump

When your in training mode, its set to a 5 bar connection.
When your online and even in verses, the game has to process more inputs and bandwidth so scenarios like that happen where its compensating for any form of minor lags. Like how in SF4 sometimes even when you jump a fireball its still a hit because the game reads the fireball in your location before it reads the jump
It's not just that though. I knew Ares' super was an overhead so I was definitely just holding backward when he did super. Did the game just eat my block input? Maybe. But how else can I explain missing the bounce collision between two raging charges after hundreds of tests in training mode, and then seeing it after just a few in a versus match? That's possible but prrreeettty unlikely to happen just by chance. When I get home tonight I'm gonna try to see if I can find more differences between versus and training modes.