What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane's living MU Chart (v1.06/v.1.07)

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
What does Bane do against machinegun-happy GL's? Is there time to dash in a punish between back-to-back MGs?

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Stand outside of it's range and then charge as soon as you see it come out. If you're fast enough, you'll punish it, but most of the time they'll block it. But it does get you in and GL can't do anything about it. Go to training and record GL doing minigun mixed with MB minigun, missile and other buttons/specials and try to get the timing down.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
What are your thoughts on the Catwoman MU? I had an 11-game win-streak going and then went into a new lobby vs an incredible Catwoman player who beat me 10 times straight (with many incredibly close matches that I just couldn't finish off). I know her cat dash is full-combo punishable, but when the CW is smart it seems like Bane can't really get in safely.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What are your thoughts on the Catwoman MU? I had an 11-game win-streak going and then went into a new lobby vs an incredible Catwoman player who beat me 10 times straight (with many incredibly close matches that I just couldn't finish off). I know her cat dash is full-combo punishable, but when the CW is smart it seems like Bane can't really get in safely.
Body press, and abuse the fact that all of her "stay away" options are within DP range or are unsafe on block. Maxintensity25 plays 16 bit's CW a lot, so he can probably give some solid advice.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Body press, and abuse the fact that all of her "stay away" options are within DP range or are unsafe on block. Maxintensity25 plays 16 bit's CW a lot, so he can probably give some solid advice.
Hmm, I tried BP as an anti-wu pressure, and her CD blew through it. Must have done it too early.

GGA Max

karaokelove

You charge at her when you're close... she won't be able to jump back 2 which is one of the best whiff punishers in the game. It also blows up all her footsies besides mbb3.

Also armored attacks beats all her wake ups quite easily.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
karaokelove

You charge at her when you're close... she won't be able to jump back 2 which is one of the best whiff punishers in the game. It also blows up all her footsies besides mbb3.

Also armored attacks beats all her wake ups quite easily.
Thanks! What would you saw are the best options after a blocked charge?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
How do you guys see the BG matchup? I would think it would be really hard to get in from full screen and charge couldn't be used much at all from a distance even with armor because of her teleport. I haven't played it too much with my BG yet, but just wanted to see what the consensus is.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
How do you guys see the BG matchup? I would think it would be really hard to get in from full screen and charge couldn't be used much at all from a distance even with armor because of her teleport. I haven't played it too much with my BG yet, but just wanted to see what the consensus is.
It's not the toughest MU I've fought with Bane, but I was definitely having some issues against the single talented BG I played (though a lot of that was just lack of BG experience in general). Her wakeup cartwheel is a pain and yeah the teleport is annoying, but overall I don't think it's too bad. Bane can punish a blocked TP pretty hard, and her zoning is kind of slow.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
5-5, according to most sources. We can't play our usual game, but honestly she can't open us up for going to level 3 so its essentially the Raven MU only with her having good Wake-ups and not as much chip.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
6-4 bane

Better footsies, damage/meter ratio (better meter build too), and BG has to risk losing all of her life if she loses the lead

Teleport isn't worth shit in this MU

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
6-4 bane

Better footsies, damage/meter ratio (better meter build too), and BG has to risk losing all of her life if she loses the lead

Teleport isn't worth shit in this MU
If you think teleport is how she vortexes, you're in for a surprise when you fight a good batgirl.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Post gave me that impression, if she doesn't have to teleport it's not a con at all actually.

Bane still has to deal with better normals and her vortex
Kind of is since she can't open us up/catch us after level 3 venom.

We can deuce on her wake-up and her normal attacks have no range, on top of her dash being slightly under decent in contrast to what actually gives us trouble.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Post gave me that impression, if she doesn't have to teleport it's not a con at all actually.

Bane still has to deal with better normals and her vortex
"Better" is kind of iffy

BG is definitely faster but Bane has more range and she's basically dead zoned at d.1/d.2 range

Her wake up can be stuffed with proper timing, although it is hard to time (right now).

I believe at worst this is even.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Kind of is since she can't open us up/catch us after level 3 venom.

We can deuce on her wake-up and her normal attacks have no range, on top of her dash being slightly under decent in contrast to what actually gives us trouble.
Her dash is great and recovers fast

Her normals reach almost as far as BA B2 and start a vortex.

She doesn't need to have a teleport to catch you on lvl 3, if she does open you up you're eating 55% into another guessing game.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
"Better" is kind of iffy

BG is definitely faster but Bane has more range and she's basically dead zoned at d.1/d.2 range

Her wake up can be stuffed with proper timing, although it is hard to time (right now).

I believe at worst this is even.
Bane only has more range with special, d1 and d2 zone is where her normals reach you.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Her dash is great and recovers fast

Her normals reach almost as far as BA B2 and start a vortex.

She doesn't need to have a teleport to catch you on lvl 3, if she does open you up you're eating 55% into another guessing game.
Yeah, that's nice and all, still gets her d.2'd from 1/3 screen.

Yeah, that's not as good as actually reaching that far. Also... like... no? Still gets her d.2/d.1'd before she can do fuck all.

Yes she does, believe it or not our normal attacks DO still work and outrange her.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah, that's nice and all, still gets her d.2'd from 1/3 screen.

Yeah, that's not as good as actually reaching that far. Also... like... no? Still gets her d.2/d.1'd before she can do fuck all.

Yes she does, believe it or not our normal attacks DO still work and outrange her.
So according to your logic, batgirl needs a counterzoning teleport to get in and will never get in because D2.

also, her sweep reaching vortex starting normals are useless against bane.

I wonder if all these work in tournament or just online/theory.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So according to your logic, batgirl needs a counterzoning teleport to get in and will never get in because D2.

Her teleport being useless doesn't help her in the department since our backdash is the literal best in game. And never say "never" but it isn't easy by any means.

Unless her options are faster than 12 frames, yeah. Which, to my knowledge, none of them are that reach as far as d.2 (which, by the by, is farther than most everything she has in total.

Works better offline.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

you're arguing with the two biggest theory fighters on the forum and you're expecting something other than theory fighting

lol qwark

d.2 is faster than all her reaching normals unless sweep is faster

but even then you're gonna have to hold that armor ;)