What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane's living MU Chart (v1.06/v.1.07)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Her teleport being useless doesn't help her in the department since our backdash is the literal best in game. And never say "never" but it isn't easy by any means.

Unless her options are faster than 12 frames, yeah. Which, to my knowledge, none of them are that reach as far as d.2 (which, by the by, is farther than most everything she has in total.

Works better offline.
You know what?

Instead of ignoring you, I accidentally followed you.

So I will hold dat and not un-follow.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I can't really explain how I felt when I still got the notif for the reply, thought to myself that I might have made a horrible mistake and then saw a pug staring at me from the right corner of my screen
That's a unique way of realizing it.
On an off note, I also feel cheated.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
What the fuck is Bane supposed to do against GA? Just played against the first really good GA I've seen, and he just seemed to completely control the match from all distances. Our final score was 11/20. His arrows can catch Bane before he can dash between them and his footies are too fast for Bane to deal with. I couldn't even get out a throw after b23 without being interrupted. If he got me in the corner, that was pretty much game over because nothing I had was fast enough to stop his pressure. He also can't be pressured on WU. Any advice on this MU would be greatly appreciated. I was raging harder than I ever have before.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
What the fuck is Bane supposed to do against GA? Just played against the first really good GA I've seen, and he just seemed to completely control the match from all distances. Our final score was 11/20. His arrows can catch Bane before he can dash between them and his footies are too fast for Bane to deal with. I couldn't even get out a throw after b23 without being interrupted. If he got me in the corner, that was pretty much game over because nothing I had was fast enough to stop his pressure. He also can't be pressured on WU. Any advice on this MU would be greatly appreciated. I was raging harder than I ever have before.
We win this match-up lol

Okay, let's see...

Footsies:
Bane's favor. Bane is stronger, has armor and more range. Abuse d.1 and d.2 in pressure. You're getting interrupted between b.23 and throw because you're not doing it to the frame; throw is 5 frames (after being +5 from b.23) and his d.1 is 6. Make them respect follow-ups like VU, DP, do cancels and not cancels to confuse him. Everything after his d.1 can be armored through easily. Green Arrow is honestly really easy to AA, his jump sucks, make him scared to use that option because his arc is shallow enough that avoiding charge is difficult

Wake-up:
You absolutely can pressure him on wake-up. More often than not you want to use Raging Charge until they stop doing that annoying little jump back shit, naked RC or buffered off d.2, it doesn't matter. On level 3 f.2.d will straight snatch him out of it regardless, cancel into RC for easy chip damage

Arrows:
I honestly just armor and dash. It's probably online that's screwing with you, but you can dash his stuff, jump it, all that good stuff. If he has an ice arrow loaded then it's even easier getting in because it's slow and recovers slower (if i remember right, the second may not be true).

it's 6-4 Bane, possibly 7-3. it's just kind of awkward at first

Doombawkz
Jimmypotato

is this an accurate description of Bane's side of the MU? I can't say I've played the best GA's or played him often but it's definitely in Bane's favor, this is just how I usually play it.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I remember reading it's in Bane's favor, but as far as I could tell I was totally out-matched in every respect. I think you're right about online messing me up, because I couldn't dash after a whiffed arrow without getting hit by the next one mid-dash. RC wasn't doing shit for me except getting me blown up, though. If he read the charge, he would jump and use the 3 downward arrows. If he didn't do that, he would just block and there wasn't any way for me to follow it up.

As far as footies, I could maybe get out a d1 after a dash, but once he started his shenanigans, it was over. I was having a lot of issues blocking the overhead-low-overhead string (probably due to online, because I know how to block it, I just couldn't seem to do it). Whenever I was in footsie range, it just seemed like nothing I had was fast enough or had the correct spacing.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm in practice mode and I can't find a consistent way to pressure GA on wakeup. RC is blocked if you don't do it early enough against the ground shot, but it gets blown up if you do it too early against the slide. Jd3 whiffs against slide and bow spin. Bow spin blows up every other option. I'm also not seeing any option selects that get through his wakeups.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'm in practice mode and I can't find a consistent way to pressure GA on wakeup. RC is blocked if you don't do it early enough against the ground shot, but it gets blown up if you do it too early against the slide. Jd3 whiffs against slide and bow spin. Bow spin blows up every other option. I'm also not seeing any option selects that get through his wakeups.
double punch then

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, DP won't reach. VU can blow up bow spin if timed correctly or MB'd. Double Punch can blow up the slide if you don't do it too early, but then you might as well be doing RC.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
So after losing 19/1 to Mr Aquaman Ares, I have a few questions about this MU. What the hell is Bane supposed to do? Not only does Ares have more than adequate zoning to deal with Bane, but his strings are too fast for Bane to get anything out up close. Ares's d1 interrupts every single pressure string I can throw out after bodysplash. I could barely get out a throw after b23 without being interrupted and combo'd. Not only that, but his far-back-TP allows him to completely ignore Bane's wu pressure. Even anticipating the TP with a backward bodysplash would cause me to whiff and eat a full-combo punish. I always heard Ares's weak point was his wu game, but against Bane that shit did nothing but net him wins. Any thoughts?

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
R
bane should have some bone breaking hits that cause crumples

would have been so cool
Real talk? Maybe give him a special where he cracks you in the gut and you drop slowly. Can be used to setup combos. Not saying he needs this, but would have been cool

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
So after losing 19/1 to Mr Aquaman Ares, I have a few questions about this MU. What the hell is Bane supposed to do? Not only does Ares have more than adequate zoning to deal with Bane, but his strings are too fast for Bane to get anything out up close. Ares's d1 interrupts every single pressure string I can throw out after bodysplash. I could barely get out a throw after b23 without being interrupted and combo'd. Not only that, but his far-back-TP allows him to completely ignore Bane's wu pressure. Even anticipating the TP with a backward bodysplash would cause me to whiff and eat a full-combo punish. I always heard Ares's weak point was his wu game, but against Bane that shit did nothing but net him wins. Any thoughts?
first off you had a wonderful connection, i think offline its even and maybe ares favor, but I lose bad to banes online when timing is off. im still mixed about the MU

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
first off you had a wonderful connection, i think offline its even and maybe ares favor, but I lose bad to banes online when timing is off. im still mixed about the MU
I know a big issue is that I just don't play any Ares playes (good or otherwise), so I'm very unfamiliar with the MU. I kept thinking I was blocking correctly, only to get blown up, but a lot of the time I had no idea how to block or when to counterpoke. Same against your Aquaman's crazy jump loop. That was the first time I've encountered that. I tried reversing my wu inputs but it didn't seem to do anything. But regardless of MU experience, fighting that Ares was unlike any other match I've played. When I can't pressure up close or during wu, and can't safely charge even from 1/3 screen distance, I just don't know what to do.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
sup man, i played you online. im a bane player and my GT is ReV x Smith, any tips for my bane? really good ares:)
more cowbell, and idk bane, he seems like a flowchart kind of character so Idk, I am a shananigans kind of guy, MORE SHNNANIGANS

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

I'm surprised BiPolar hasn't come in and educated you guys on this match up.

Don't RC Arrow on Wake up unless you know he is only going to Savage Blast, then fuckin have at it, you need to talk to Bi Polar about the meaty Armored shit he does to stuff all the options. It's a fuckin guessing game for me honestly, like a 3 way guessing game. You can even stuff Hurricane Bow.

Slide is probably my best wake up because it lowers my hitbox and I can MB for a second quick hit, but this can be stuffed as well, it all depends on the knock down you are doing when you are trying to kill the wake up.

We win this match-up lol

Okay, let's see...

Footsies:
Bane's favor. Bane is stronger, has armor and more range. Abuse d.1 and d.2 in pressure. You're getting interrupted between b.23 and throw because you're not doing it to the frame; throw is 5 frames (after being +5 from b.23) and his d.1 is 6. Make them respect follow-ups like VU, DP, do cancels and not cancels to confuse him. Everything after his d.1 can be armored through easily. Green Arrow is honestly really easy to AA, his jump sucks, make him scared to use that option because his arc is shallow enough that avoiding charge is difficult

Wake-up:
You absolutely can pressure him on wake-up. More often than not you want to use Raging Charge until they stop doing that annoying little jump back shit, naked RC or buffered off d.2, it doesn't matter. On level 3 f.2.d will straight snatch him out of it regardless, cancel into RC for easy chip damage

Arrows:
I honestly just armor and dash. It's probably online that's screwing with you, but you can dash his stuff, jump it, all that good stuff. If he has an ice arrow loaded then it's even easier getting in because it's slow and recovers slower (if i remember right, the second may not be true).

it's 6-4 Bane, possibly 7-3. it's just kind of awkward at first

Doombawkz
Jimmypotato

is this an accurate description of Bane's side of the MU? I can't say I've played the best GA's or played him often but it's definitely in Bane's favor, this is just how I usually play it.
K I'll just type a few things on this, RXY is wrong on a few things, but accurate on others. All arrow shots have the same start up and recover the same, but Ice arrow does travel slower. Electric is the fastest with fire and normal behind that. Also Arrows D1 is 7 frame start up. But honestly, you shouldn't really give a shit about arrow damage because you should be venomed like 90% of the time, the only time you shouldn't be venomed is when you are in debuff.

You have to be able to block the F2D1 string, so that could have just be online for you.

You have to Blow up D1 on block or even on read with Armor.

If he trys to pressure you after he blocks your charge move you can armor a move before he even hits you.

The last time me and BiPolar played this match he was level 3 at least 4 times each match and thats doing it right if you ask me. 6 seconds cool down is fuck all against a character that does less then average damage in this game unless he has super. And he shouldn't have super if he is using MB Dead On on your charges and shit.

If he is waking up Hurricane Bow alot, you can just block, that move is super unsafe. Savage blast can be blown up by Armor as well even on wake up.

You should be able to dash after blocking an Arrow then be able to A) block again or B)Armor a move depending on how far away he is.

You have to play this match up like a tank, and when you get in and get hits venom up and make that shit hurt,

11/20 means he wasn't running train on you by any means,

Think of it this way, he has to open you up probably about 20 times to win, you only have to open him up 4.

And honestly, don't be afraid to turtle with the life lead, chip on Arrows if fuckin ass, and even worse when you are venomed. He will have to come to you, and that is always in your advantage.

Do you know what it's like to be Arrow and have to go in on Bane??? lol