What's new

Bane Pre-Release General Discussion Yhread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I'm not too hype for him, I think they did a great job, it's going to be scary to fight him, but he didn't do it for me.
Liked cap most out of all this stream.
That's a shame :(

Captain Cold definitely stole the show a bit. It's a shame that the air platform is an ability move though

Thingy

Retired account
So Bane had a 6 second debuff off of lvl 1 roids....dude, with the slowed movement and more damage taken, they really need to buff that before release or Bane is going to get raped by zoning characters.

Here are some numbers I noticed after going back and watching again:

All levels last 6 seconds each.
lvl1: +10% dmg, 3 second debuff
lvl2: +25% dmg, unknown debuff time (6-9 seconds?)
lvl3: +50% dmg, 12 second debuff, -70% dmg on debuff, ~+50% dmg received on debuff

Last edited:
Reactions: JDM

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
We're better than that
Thank you, SneakyTortoise. I legit lold ;).

I'm hurt I wasn't tagged as I was top 100 on the 360 ladder with bane for the first half year ;). I for one am super excited us Bane players will actually have to manage Venom now. I'm excited to actually have to sort of think. (so good riddance to safe overhead special and piddly debuff for level 3)

I hope Ring Toss is more useful now though. We never got to see it used on stream.

Last edited:

RYX

BIG PUSHER
a couple things I noticed

debuff seems to be way more punishing and his throws are a lot faster -- kind of a double nerf from IGAU where he could at least stall a huge part of his debuff if he MB'd his command grab. not going to happen anymore, looks like. Might mean that level 3 is going to be a lot more rare and we'll still around levels 1 or 2 unless we can turtle really well.

I have a feeling that his pressure game is going to hinge on whether or not his elbow overhead is safe. It looks like that's going to be his primary mix-up. 112 cancel is nice but he has a REALLY big dash, so I don't think it's going to be that strong.

my only complaint is that he went from the sort of grappler/brawler hybrid to full-on grappler. I love that he has more grabs but it feels a little excessive.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I cant believe you fools can watch all those throws and not be hyped. New options off F2D and 112 are amazing. Punishing projeciles from fullscreen with super his huge. His fucking WALKSPEED is godlike.

I love that they made debuff effects greater as a way to balance him out. Hes still Bane from I1 with new options on top and universal buffs like walkspeed and smaller hurtbox. Of course there has to be a drawback and this way is much more dynamic especially with the mb breakers if you get opened up in venom or debuff. The only way to maintain the feeling of being the best in the game at level 3 and have meterless armor is to have to be the worst in the game at level 3 debuff.

Only thing I didnt like was no classic Knightfall gear got shown. Im surprisingly ok with back breaker being gear right now because of how hype the power bomb and rko are and F2D throw mb still lets me collect spines.

Last edited:
I cant believe you fools can watch all those throws and not be hyped. New options off F2D and 112 are amazing. Punishing projeciles from fullscreen with super his huge. His fucking WALKSPEED is godlike.

I love that they made debuff effects greater as a way to balance him out. Hes still Bane from I1 with new options on top and universal buffs like walkspeed and of course there has to be a drawback and this way is much more dynamic especially with the mb breakers if you get opened up in venom or debuff.

Only thing I didnt like was no classic Knightfall gear got shown. Im surprisingly ok with back breaker being gear tight now because of how hype the power bomb and rko are and F2D throw mb still lets me collect spines.
Finally a voice of reason. Well said sir, well said.

Thingy

Retired account
Please no buff requests already. We're better than that
I am just worried about some of the zoning characters that we have seen so far. The have an endless tool box of keep away while Bane has limited rush down. Having a slow and floaty Bane taking insane damage for about 12 seconds because of trait debuff is kinda scary.

I am still on the Bane train regardless.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I am just worried about some of the zoning characters that we have seen so far. The have an endless tool box of keep away while Bane has limited rush down. Having a slow and floaty Bane taking insane damage for about 12 seconds because of trait debuff is kinda scary.

I am still on the Bane train regardless.
I think the skill gap of Bane players will come from Venom management. Going lvl 2 will probably suffice for what needs to be done. Another thing we should consider is the roll mechanic. Bane isn't very meter dependent, so using 2 bars to get in will help mitigate the reliance on venom solely to get in and get a knockdown.

I really think Bane has a ton of potential this time around. I'm at a weird spot of loving the mechanics this time around but hating the animations of his grabs. Hoping against all hope there's a Knightfall/TDKR premier skin.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I cant believe you fools can watch all those throws and not be hyped.
I don't get it either, these people are insane.

They can fantasize about him doing generic chops and kicks and shit while we get hype DDTing people so hard they catch re-entry flames or jumping like twelve feet into the air and cracking someone's skull against the ground with a super powered brain buster.

God damnit that diamond cutter animation is magic and the AA into the giant Grundy-esque tombstone made me almost shed a tear.

The disrespect of the spine stomp is so thick you could chew on it.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
I'm fine with it. I always thought the backbreaker was overdone in the last game.

I mean... it was so iconic because it's a thing he did once. it wouldn't be so iconic if he was just breaking backs every issue he was in. It was the greatest thing he accomplished.

In the first Injustice it was Rogue One levels of masturbatory.

Maybe he'll break one in story mode ;)

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I don't get it either, these people are insane.

They can fantasize about him doing generic chops and kicks and shit while we get hype DDTing people so hard they catch re-entry flames or jumping like twelve feet into the air and cracking someone's skull against the ground with a super powered brain buster.

God damnit that diamond cutter animation is magic and the AA into the giant Grundy-esque tombstone made me almost shed a tear.

The disrespect of the spine stomp is so thick you could chew on it.
Hes got every sick throw in the books. Choke slam was especially nice. Venom uppercut mb into shades of Grundy dont stop is amazing. Stomping on their spine after the giant bop on the head which triggers mid match shit talk is perfect. I just hope they sneak a full on suplex in there somewhere

The best part is how the backgrounds all shake every time you slam them down. This is the levels of punishment and stylish disrespect Ive always dreamed of dishing out to scrubs

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Was anyone able to hear what Bane was saying during all those mb F2D throws? The second and third times he says "did you forget who I am?" and "such a frail body" but I couldnt make out the other two times, one was something about entertaining him? After the first choke slam he says "beg for your life."

Edit: first one sounds like "I will simply break you."

Last one is "__________ entertains me" ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.