What's new

Bane Pre-Release General Discussion Yhread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
First time I've dropped by TYM in a few years, thought I'd come back to my home away from home - Bane general. Pretty unfortunate to come back to these unfavorable impressions of a character so close to my heart, but in the vein of what Osiris said - character power is anything but a constant in an NRS game. Karma will swing back his way sooner or later, and I'm aiming to be well-trained in the ways of crushinating when it does.

Even if I take a liking to any of the numerous cool new additions to the game, there won't ever be anything in the game as satisfying as the sweet poetry of a max venom buff confirm. Couldn't ever fully drop the Big Guy. Secondary character at the absolute worst for life.

TeknoOdin

DR. GreenBaneFateArrCrow
First time I've dropped by TYM in a few years, thought I'd come back to my home away from home - Bane general. Pretty unfortunate to come back to these unfavorable impressions of a character so close to my heart, but in the vein of what Osiris said - character power is anything but a constant in an NRS game. Karma will swing back his way sooner or later, and I'm aiming to be well-trained in the ways of crushinating when it does.

Even if I take a liking to any of the numerous cool new additions to the game, there won't ever be anything in the game as satisfying as the sweet poetry of a max venom buff confirm. Couldn't ever fully drop the Big Guy. Secondary character at the absolute worst for life.
no one likes art anymore yusuke !! deal with it and get a real job!

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I think when he says "dont expect to break any backs" hes trying to say he thinks hes trash but I dont buy it.
Nah I think he literally means that there's no reason to use that move where Bane steps on and breaks the opponents back because the powerbomb is better in every way

A more recent tweet from Bio:
"After today, I think Bane is definitely strong, great footsie neutral space, will have to see how he holds up against strong zoning..."

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Are you seriously lumping Biohazard into a group that you are essentially calling scrubs? He is one of the only Bane players that achieved any kind of tournament success with him, along with Max and Grr.
I know Bio had results but his playstyle was I1 Bane in a nutshell. He is overreacting by saying just because meterless reversals are now unsfae that hes "yolo AF." New game, new tools, new mentality needed

Nah I think he literally means that there's no reason to use that move where Bane steps on and breaks the opponents back because the powerbomb is better in every way

A more recent tweet from Bio:
"After today, I think Bane is definitely strong, great footsie neutral space, will have to see how he holds up against strong zoning..."
See lol. He just needed more time to adjust. I used Banes nuetral tools in I1 all the time because it melted my brain if I did nothing but dp on block. I knew the walkspeed buff would be his strongest change by far. If people said Bane was a footsie character in I1 youd be laughed at but thats what he is going to be in 2 for sure. Strong nuetral and footsies but once you get that knock down its back to I1 style oki where you can take the whole round in 10 seconds with a good read or 2

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Guys want me to test anything? Bane is tight, he's just different.
You have it?!? Wtf, I wont even be able to play for the first week cus Ill be on vacation #firstworldproblems

- what is B23 on block?
- does he have every F2D option off 112D?
- can he choose sides with mb grab?
- does F2D3 still give him the dash up grab you cannot jump or dash out of?
- does F2D still autocorrect?
- corpse hop of 113 charge and F2D charge still?
- rough idea of what 11(2) dash cancel is on block?
- B1 on block/hit?
- are all 4 of the anti air throw options the same?
- gear with exposed muscles?

Last edited:

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Guys want me to test anything? Bane is tight, he's just different.
How much is elbow bf2 on block?
How long does the debuff last?
Does the f2d grab string guarantee on block? Can they jump out or poke?

Can he destroy Aquaman? God I hate aquaman.

Wetdoba

All too easy...

Bio saying the OH elbow is -29 on block. Not sure about the next 2 Qs but he will probably do well against Aquaman becuase of command grab nullifying his trait to a big extent

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Does the 113xxCharge corpse hop still work?
113 Charge in combos still does a corspe hop but Bane keeps going for days after.. 113 Charge Raw combos.

You have it?!? Wtf, I wont even be able to play for the first week cus Ill be on vacation #firstworldproblems

- what is B23 on block?
- does he have every F2D option off 112D?
- can he choose sides with mb grab?
- does F2D3 still give him the dash up grab you cannot jump or dash out of?
- does F2D still autocorrect?
- corpse hop of 113 charge and F2D charge still?
- rough idea of what 11(2) dash cancel is on block?
- B1 on block/hit?
- are all 4 of the anti air throw options the same?
- gear with exposed muscles?
-It's -16, B21 is +3
-He has 3,2 and dash cancel, can't do throw off 112D
-Sadly, no. Always switches sides and regular stays same side.
-Yes.
-Can't get it to autocorrect, unless you have a specific way to do it..
-Yes, but again he just runs fullscreen with crazy recovery
-It's slightly negative, can't punish it with a standing 1 but if Bane presses anything he's getting counterhit.
-It's -5, and b11 is -4, both tick into command grab.
-Yeah from what I can tell.
-Haven't done much outside training, if I find any I'll post a pic asap lol

bf2 is 20f and -29 :/
Lvl1 debuff is 4 seconds.
lvl2 is 9 seconds.
lvl3 is 13 seconds.....
They can backdash so there's a gap yeah.

Also, shitty combos to show his damage.

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
113 Charge in combos still does a corspe hop but Bane keeps going for days after.. 113 Charge Raw combos.

-It's -16, B21 is +3
-Yes.
-It's slightly negative, can't punish it with a standing 1 but if Bane presses anything he's getting counterhit.

lvl2 is 9 seconds.
lvl3 is 13 seconds.....

- Are F2D2 and F2D3 still safe on block?
- F2D you can get to auto correct on side switch moves like teleports and cross overs so youre saying if you hold it until they switch it will autocorrect yes? Can you record a level F2D xx Super on super girls wake up tele at level 3?
- for the corpse hop thing were talking about being able to dash over their body after 113 charge and F1d charge on hit
- are armor frames on F2, F2D, and specials still projectile immune at level 3?

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Omg, just watched the combos... you can get a S1 after two B23's now?

@TrulyAmiracle can you record 2 combos real quick with no venom and then again full at level 3 venom the whole time:

- JD3, B23, B23, 123 xx mb venom upper
-JD3, B23, B23, 123 xx air grab

Also one more question, can you do B23 and then dash under and continue the combo?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Also quick note, you can't MB venom uppercut on block so your best wake-ups are elbow, or venomed grab. Both are risky and can be blown up.. RIP safe wakeups

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
I feel like Bane might be far lower on the power spectrum if his normals are also slowed in debuff. That's a massive hinder to our defense that I don't think many are aware of :/ I'm hopeful and reserving judgement till I get my hands on the game but that's pretty worrying if they don't change it.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy

-It's -16, B21 is +3
-Yes.

lvl2 is 9 seconds.
lvl3 is 13 seconds.....

Not bane related but have you found out what the frame data option in training mode does? Been waiting to find out for ages.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Is b23 123 grab a thing still? Isn't that string still in?
Also -29 is insane. I don't plan on playing Bane too much but the community whines so much about double digit plus but I don't understand why they're ok with double digit -

Last edited:
Is b23 123 grab a thing still? Isn't that strong still in?
Also -29 is insane. I don't plan on playing Bane too much but the community whines so much about double digit plus but I don't understand why they're ok with double digit -
And considering that bf2 is a 7% damage move that has no follow up, I don't know why anyone would even throw it out now unless they are desperate. I'm sure db2 still has use in combos or as a guaranteed antiair w/venom though.

Throwing out b23 seems like a pretty yolo tactic now too since it's -16 and slow on startup, but at least you get big damage if for some reason the opponent doesn't block it. Still probably not worth the risk imo, since for a couple bars you can confirm 113 into bbMB if you want gigantic damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.